users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » DBZ/Cartoon Network
DBZ/Cartoon Network
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-18 17:04:39  
I miss Outlaw Star. (although that might've been adult swim back when it was good?)

I miss toonami when it was daily.

I watch superjail.

I miss sailor moon lol yes I did watch that even if it is a chick show.

IGPX ftw...

And why the hell is Rowland's name black? >_> how are the people changing their damn bar colors? I've seen at least 2 other ppl with purple ones... and nobody is giving me a straight answer...
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-18 17:16:00  
wtf at guys watching sailor moon

I was a huge fan but I got teased for it a bit, Id probably still get teased for it if I ever saw those people again...so I dont like to talk about it anymore. It kept me out of getting involved in pokemon paraphernalia though. I was always like "man this fad is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" and it never went away 8| infact like 10+ years later my little sister is in love with it.

I still have a place in my heart for gundam wing and Reboot and that first Toonami event where TOM changed looks was such a huge deal. The last toonami broadcast was sad too..I didnt watch it though, I heard about it and then saw it on youtube. Very nice for everybody and their mom who's seen Cowboy Bebop.

Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 17:29:00  
Oh man, I loved ReBoot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-18 18:14:34  
Kujata.Daus said:
gundam wing
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

*** loved Gundam Wing.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-11-19 12:30:37  
Kujata.Daus said:
wtf at guys watching sailor moon

last season contained small scenes with nudity at times =P
but to see that far, you'd prolly have had to see it all, and not the US version anyways.....
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-11-19 12:38:37  
Man Cartoon Network....

I remember the days they actually broadcasted decent shows,

Ed, Edd and Eddy,
Dexters Lab,
Cramp Twins,
etc

Only Cartoons, but they still were the good days.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-19 12:45:50  
Quote:
last season contained small scenes with nudity at times =P
but to see that far, you'd prolly have had to see it all, and not the US version anyways.....
Im aware of this, I was a huge fan who knew zomgwtfeverythingtriviamaster this is why I was teased. "she fights naaaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeeed" probably wont ever leave me alone.
---

ed, edd and eddy comes on cartoon network....alot, its part of their regular after-school programing...infact they just made a movie for it which first aired the other day. I dont know why it took them a good 10 years to make a movie but it did.

Dexters lab comes on boomerang with alot of old cartoon network shows like power puff girls and cow and chicken etc etc
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-11-19 12:50:34  
Kujata.Daus said:
ed, edd and eddy comes on cartoon network....alot, its part of their regular after-school programing...infact they just made a movie for it which first aired the other day. I dont know why it took them a good 10 years to make a movie but it did.

Dexters lab comes on boomerang with alot of old cartoon network shows like power puff girls and cow and chicken etc etc

Oh, guess i've been away from it for too long, should check, im always watching Disney Channel >.<

And im not ashamed to say i watched Powerpuff Girls!
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-11-19 12:54:47  
._. i was teased at school for watching Sailor moon too...

Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-19 12:57:56  
I don't like Dexter's Lab the way I did back in the day so I refuse to watch it again and spoil the memories. Much better left in the back of my brain. Foster's, on the other hand, is the freaking shizzle, and Eduardo will attest to that npnp.

As far as regular CN stuff, I still watch the new Ben 10 series when it's on and I catch it. The guiltiest of nerdy Saturday morning guilty pleasures.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-19 12:59:31  
Bismarck.Misao said:
._. i was teased at school for watching Sailor moon too...
I punched anyone that tried to tease me in the face. >.> Fortunately I only had to do it once. =)
 Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin 2009-11-19 14:00:20  
i'm 20 now and i remember watching

Pokemon
digimon
sailor moon
ed edd and eddy
dexters lab
dbz
MAGESXLR!!!!!! show was kinda epic for what it was
cowboy bebop (never shown in england had to youtube it)
recess man that was a good one
monster rancher!
captain planet (*** hippies)
90's batman cartoon
sherlock homes in the 23rd century
ghostbusters
ninja turtles
power rangers (stupid red ranger been most used voice actor he's good but not lets us his *** for ever anime game and/or voice over....kinda shocked SE hasn't used him in ffxiii and ffxiv)
and so many more i can't remember but looking back on it all good damn i wasted my youth....better then been shot at in a park i guess
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-19 14:02:58  
Not cartoonnetwork, but
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-19 14:28:44  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Not cartoonnetwork, but
which just reminds me of

Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-19 21:21:23  
Alot of old cartoons arent as I remember them really. Have you seen PPG recently? has it always looked that aged looking? I always thought it was super sharp, thick black lines and smooth colors...now its like not...What will Danny Phantom (I <3 this) look like in 10 years?

Fosters is an example of great modern cartoons. Though I assume is retired? I dont see it much on anymore.

Theres that one movie where they were in the make believey toy world and one of the evil toy guards gets knocked over but is all round like and didnt fall over so I giggled to myself "lol weebles wobble but they dont fall down" and then Bloo said "weebles wobble but they dont fall down!" and I just about died of laughter :B

Keith Ferguson who plays Bloo plays Basch in FF12 and a bunch of other random SE characters.

P.S. IdontlikeBen10

P.P.S and dont get me started on my love of Power Rangers again.

Px3 S when I was little I thought it would be really cool if they made a live action Captain Planet and Mcguyver could play him....
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-19 21:38:10  
I think Foster's is over, but I don't see why considering how popular it was/is.I never knew or thought Bloo's voice actor would be involved in anything that didn't involve amorphous blobs. lol

PS. hateyou2.
PPS. greenwhiterangeralsohatesyou.
PPPS. ***, that haircut fits perfectly. lol
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-19 21:53:04  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:

[+]
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-19 22:08:41  
muahaha, too bad RDA is so old now 8( he was the perfect captain planet fo sho
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-19 22:44:08  
ahahaha, holy ***, Blaz, did you just whip that up?
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-19 22:45:37  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
ahahaha, holy ***, Blaz, did you just whip that up?
No it's a photo! MacGuyver IS Captain Planet!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-19 22:48:20  
Odin.Blazza said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:

Holy ***.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-19 22:51:43  
BUT OF COURSE. Now to cast the rest!

That red-haired kid from "Salute Your Shorts" can totally be Wheeler, and everyone else can be filled by stereotypes ala Power Rangers actors ..except Ma-Ti. lol UMM ..SANJAYA?

+

Y/Y?
 Ramuh.Ardath
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ardath
By Ramuh.Ardath 2009-11-19 23:33:25  
Fenrir.Fizzycandy said:
Ahh how I miss the days when they would play DBZ on Cartoon Network.. Has anyone else noticed how hard that station sucks now? :O

I agree that about 7-8 years ago it was awesome with Toonami...DBZ, Gundamn Wing....but sucks? I think not.

Adultswim is the *** best....

1. Tim and Eric awesome show great job (*** Epic)
2. Squidbillies (Come on, this show rocks!)
3. Metalacolypse (Season 3 is even better now that episodes are a 1/2 hour long)
4. ATHF (Really, how could you not like this?)
5. Robot Chicken (Thank you Seth Green)

Saturday Nights are filled with anime, all *** night.

And the rest of the line up is killer as well, if you don't get the comedy, you are either too young, hence the adultswim, or you are too stupid.
Stick to Scooby Doo and your pink scarfs.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-19 23:55:32  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Oh man, I loved ReBoot.
 Fairy.Chrisstreb
By Fairy.Chrisstreb 2009-11-20 01:38:04  
As much as I 'love' Adult Swim, yes the shows are funny, but a lot of their 'comedy' shows are just getting old now. Yes some of it is still funny, but i miss Anime every night instead of just 1 night a week.

Toonami was the best back in the day. Coming home from school and watching DBZ and Gundam Wing and stuff like Tenchi Muyo! and Outlaw Star made me fall even more in love with Anime

and the Power Rangers reference, it was the Black Ranger, not the Red Ranger. He's done a good job with Bleach as well as Code Geass
 Odin.Eirwen
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-11-20 03:34:06  
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Oh man, I loved ReBoot.
Plus so many of the above (some I haven't heard of over here.
Back then, we had CN on trial, but the shows I liked most were on Fox/Jetix and one of our local networks. Along came Nickelodeon. But the shows nowadays... hardly worth watching.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-11-20 03:48:51  
Ramuh.Ardath said:
Fenrir.Fizzycandy said:
Ahh how I miss the days when they would play DBZ on Cartoon Network.. Has anyone else noticed how hard that station sucks now? :O

I agree that about 7-8 years ago it was awesome with Toonami...DBZ, Gundamn Wing....but sucks? I think not.

Adultswim is the *** best....

1. Tim and Eric awesome show great job (*** Epic) hate it so stupid
2. Squidbillies (Come on, this show rocks!)hate it x2
3. Metalacolypse (Season 3 is even better now that episodes are a 1/2 hour long) Love Murder Face
4. ATHF (Really, how could you not like this?) Shake is man
5. Robot Chicken (Thank you Seth Green) Cant get enough of it, favorite skit was the pokemon one

Saturday Nights are filled with anime, all *** night.

And the rest of the line up is killer as well, if you don't get the comdey, you are either too young, hence the adultswim, or you are too stupid.
Stick to Scooby Doo and your pink scarfs.

As for old school cartoons:

VR Troopers
Big Bad Beetle Borgs
Xmen
Eek the Cat
The Tick

Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-20 11:28:33  
Fairy.Chrisstreb said:

and the Power Rangers reference, it was the Black Ranger, not the Red Ranger. He's done a good job with Bleach as well as Code Geass

one of them thar red rangers has an impressive resume in voice acting also. He appears to be in everything...I just cant seem to find his page on imdb anymore :X I swear he played Claus in Last exile and I cant find him ><
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-20 11:38:23  
I thought Johnny Yong Bosch (hate saying it all) played the BLUUUUE Ranger? He was the one with the toad in the Power Rangers movie, right? Was Billy around then? Maybe it was Black. D;