DM Earring.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » DM Earring.
DM Earring.
First Page 2
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-18 08:43:57  
I stopped playing Paladin and therefore when i defeated Divine Might i went for Suppanomimi for my NIN and THF.

Anyways, i got Joyeuse and revitalized my love for Paladin.

Should i consider re-doing DM might for Knights Earring or is Suppanomimi a good piece for PLD too?

I would like info on each, its a pain to get a group for that fight and well, would make it easier if i didnt have to re-do it.

Thanks in advance.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-18 08:46:12  
Suppa's decent for Pld. Sword skill +5 and enhances Dual Wield for when you're /nin.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-18 08:50:08  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Suppa's decent for Pld. Sword skill 5 and enhances Dual Wield for when you're /nin.

Thanks for the reply.

I hav'nt done much /NIN but i was under the impression that PLD/NIN didnt dual wield, but still used the shields, if you could elaborate on when i would /NIN and dual wield that would be awesome.

Also could you underline anything that makes it stand out? and why sword skill is a good thing, thanks.

And also does the AGI do much for paladin?
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-18 08:51:42  
Yeah, you don't dual wield, but it stands out because of the sword skill. That comes to 4.6 acc and 5 attack or something, for an ear piece, that's insane.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-18 08:52:21  
"if you could elaborate on when i would /NIN and dual wield that would be awesome."
When you want to pseudo-DD and would be better off on a real DD
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-18 08:52:29  
Agi enhances shield blocking and evasion as well as parrying.

Pld only really dual-wields when they can either keep shadows up well enough or are just DD'ing.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-18 08:55:59  
Ok thanks for your replys.

Saves me having to re-do DM.

Because... Knights i would only use on PLD, but Suppanomimi i can use on more of my jobs, thanks for the input.

I think this is simmilar to the Rajas vs Sattva debate, like how i would rather use Rajas on pld, etc.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-18 09:09:42  
I cant think of any reason I'd ever use suppa on PLD. I'd rather use assault earring or something instead. Ethereal/Brual + Joytoy is what I currently use for TP to Atonement spam.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-18 09:20:17  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
I cant think of any reason I'd ever use suppa on PLD. I'd rather use assault earring or something instead. Ethereal/Brual Joytoy is what I currently use for TP to Atonement spam.

I'm pretty sure suppa is equal or better than brutal unless that 1 stp drops your xhit build.

w/ 0% DA, brutal is a 5% increase in gained TP. Joyeuse is about 50% proc rate. Brutal and Joyeuse do not stack for procs, which means half of your attacks, brutal has no chance to proc on, which essentially cuts its increase in half, 2.5% increase.

Suppa can be 4-5 acc depending on your sword skill prior
2-2.5% increase in hitrate

Assuming 80% hitrate
2/80 = 2.5% increase.

Anything under 80% increase is going to be more than the 2.5% from brutal. (Though, unless I drastically needed the MP from ethereal, I'd be using both brutal and suppa)
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-18 09:24:48  
Just for info, with suppa equiped, and without sword merits (will be getting some when i got back to sandy a bit later) i have capped sword at 276 @ 75.

Cool post.

So basically suppa on paladin is more usefull than brutal?

AND i dont have sea yet, im on the Airship fight.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-11-18 09:29:48  
just want to mention the knights earring is only useful on pld/war tanking namis. and even then you can ahve more useful earrings.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-18 09:30:00  
I was thinking of the order. My math was assuming Joyeuse has priority proc, and that brutal has no chance to proc if Joy procs.

What if DA gets priority over Joyeuse though? How does this change the result? It shouldn't. Even if DA procs first, half of the attacks that you DA'd would have attacked twice thx to Joyeuse proc anyways.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-18 09:32:42  
Yeah, I always thought that additional DA on a character with a multi-hit like Joyeuse, M. Kris, Kraken, etc. actually HURT the DPS / TP gain provided from the multi-hit weapon. O.oa
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-18 09:35:41  
It doesn't hurt Joyeuse, it just helps less than it would on a non multi proc weapon. Attacking twice from brutal doesn't prevent you attacking twice on joyeuse. Something like kraken on the other hand, a DA proc WOULD prevent you from doing between 3-8, which does hurt. For 3 proc weps, I think it evens out. Brings single hit procs to double which is negated by bringing triple procs to double and doubles can stay at double. This would be assuming even 33% distribution between the 3 though.
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2009-11-18 10:09:59  
hope you have more luck than I to get a group together for Divine Might. Ive been trying to do that quest for 3 months now and can NEVER get enough people for it.

Lakshmi is a dying server
>.>
[+]
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-18 10:26:07  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Yeah, I always thought that additional DA on a character with a multi-hit like Joyeuse, M. Kris, Kraken, etc. actually HURT the DPS / TP gain provided from the multi-hit weapon. O.oa

Except on Sea weapons. Those can have DA or TA proc in addition to the weapon Multi hit. I have 4-hit with Justice Sword before on PLD during campaign with.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-18 10:29:15  
Odin.Aramina said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

Except on Sea weapons. Those can have DA or TA proc in addition to the weapon Multi hit. I have 4-hit with Justice Sword before on PLD during campaign with.
Yep every once in a blue moon I'll get 6 hits with my man/temp on BST with brutal =P Very very very rarely.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-18 10:33:44  
As someone who uses faith knuckles and quite frequently, I've seen DA and stone proc on the same fist, but NEVER seen a DA proc off of a stone proc. I use the weps more than destroyers tbh too, so I would have to see it to believe it. I've only ever attacked 7 times in 1 round (both hits procced both a DA and a Stone, + a kick), but if you were able to DA off of a stone (or stone off of a DA) then I would have seen 8 by now, consiering how often i use them.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-18 10:42:55  
Suppa is great for anything that uses swords, but Dual Wield would just lower rate of TP gain though. Its not used in conjunction of haste (meaning it doesn't have the same effect, you can still use Haste and Dual Wield to its full effect, but you would get diminishing returns on both having capped on both).

AGI helps alot with Shield and Parrying.

But if you are going to straight DD (having a DD job that is) then its not all that benifital to non-sword, non-dual wield jobs. Bushi would be much better.

But in your case, I would say Suppa would be good enough.
[+]
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-18 10:45:39  
Asura.Korpg said:
Suppa is great for anything that uses swords, but Dual Wield would just lower rate of TP gain though. Its not used in conjunction of haste (meaning it doesn't have the same effect, you can still use Haste and Dual Wield to its full effect, but you would get diminishing returns on both having capped on both).

AGI helps alot with Shield and Parrying.

But if you are going to straight DD (having a DD job that is) then its not all that benifital to non-sword, non-dual wield jobs. Bushi would be much better.

But in your case, I would say Suppa would be good enough.

Thanks for your input, i will be keeping my Suppa, saves me having to re arrange the fight again.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-18 10:48:03  
"you can still use Haste and Dual Wield to its full effect, but you would get diminishing returns on both having capped on both)"
Can you reword this? I have no clue what you're trying to say. Unless I'm reading it wrong, which I hopefully am, are you saying that capped haste and capped DW are going to give diminishing returns, rather than exponential?
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-18 10:48:28  
I kindof wish I went for a Bushi tbh.

I got a Suppa for my WAR/NIN JUST before grips came out.

Big mistake!
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-18 12:16:39  
1) Please don't dual wield on PLD unless you have a relic/mythic. Pld gets most of its damage output from ws (Atonement), so youre gonna want to do whatever gets you to 100 Tp the fastest. IMO if youre not tanking and want to DD on pld use a sentinel shield for the haste or maybe an Iron Ram fot the str/acc (Unsure on IR stats)

2) Knight's earring is definitely not a pld/war only earring in dynamis only. One of the best macro pieces for a shadow's down/ichi recast set, and useful when /blu /rdm or /dnc.
If your only job is Pld, youre much better off with a Knight's. 5 sword skill is ~4.5acc/att, so a fowling or assault earring arent sac-ing too much, where as if youre already using a buckler on one ear for shadows down, knights adds the full 5 skill, and if you use an ethereal/knights, youre still getting a bonus 2 skill (and 2 lolVit)

tl;dr
Unless you have another job which exclusive dual wields, like thf dnc nin or blu, don't get suppa.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-18 12:41:39  
Id never Dual wield.

I have NIN and THF that benefit for Suppa.

After the feedback i have seen, suppa is still good for Paladin, so its a no brainer.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 13:16:33  
Suppa is more than awesome for a PLD who has other DD jobs at 75, especially NIN and BLU, etc.

I personally chose Knight's because I don't see myself leveling a DD job to 75 anytime in the near future. :)
 Shiva.Ziila
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2009-11-18 13:26:10  
Knight's only has 2 shield skill and 2 VIT over a Buckler Earring, anyway.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 13:32:15  
Yeah, but you can't wear 2 Buckler's. XD

Basically, you get +10 Shield skill from Buckler+Shield Torque, then another +5 from Koenig Schaller, +10 from Gallant Leggings, then +10 from Boxer's Mantle. Then there's the +5 from Knight's. And if you want, +5 from Sinfender. :) Knight's isn't a bad choice, really.

ninjaaaa ediiittt!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 13:35:22  
<_<

Yeahhhh... T_T
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 13:35:49  
I swear, I caught it before you replied!!!
First Page 2