I've been hearing about Regurgitation being used to solo
NM's. I havent tried myself yet, but was interested in hearing
your experiences. thanks :)
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-20 21:41:09  
It's pretty useless for any of the new NM's, as they're all immune to grav/bind/sleep, but my general strat for any NM is regurigation (bind), blink up, run in, disseverement, kite until poison wears off. If you have spare MP you can just continually spam regurgitation. With a good build it does decent damage/mp on some NM's, and the damage will unbind the mob while the additional effect will rebind. So provided you don't get a resist on the bind effect (just like head butt, can still do full damage but not bind) you can keep them perpetually bound and keep doing damage. Not often you'll get a chance to do that though at 69mp a pop.
 Alexander.Zykei
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-11-21 02:41:39  
Well... Here's a video of a BLU soloing Fenrir lol

http://zoome.jp/rapakya/diary/57/

Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-21 03:10:42  
Damn, wtf do I gotta do to get my regurgitation to stick that long... I mean, it does sometimes but not reliably. Watching that I reckon I could solo it too without the meds (I don't like spamming meds for any situation), provided he doesn't build up a resistance of the time limit is too short. Also I'd probably skip firespit, was doing some decent damage with it but it's really costly on MP compared to regurgitation and corrosive ooze.

But anyway, that shows the basic principal to blu soloing most things that can't just be straight bashed in the head. Magnetite Cloud is costly on mp, but needed to counter-act fenrirs movement speed bonus. I wouldn't use it on anything I can already out-run with w.legs... And I wouldn't usually solo anything I couldn't lol.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-11-21 03:49:10  
Cool :0 nice vid wow
Thanks 4 the info yall.
Instead of magnetic cloud you can always use
mysterious light also. I might try to solo
something w blu now(soloing w rdm is a lil boring lol)
I just need me a pair of W.legs now, been 3 sky ls's
with no luck :( . I just might make a boot leg pair
from the new expansion legs.
 Alexander.Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-11-21 04:24:48  
If you sift through his page, he also has a bunch of other vids like soloing Scitalis(Sorta lol), duo Mother Globe, and duo Faust.

But yeah, he uses Blast bomb and Regur between binds sometimes from what I've seen.

GL on BLU solo though, I don't find it as easy as RDM due to MP and Fast castness but duo-wise, nothing can match a full duration disseverment poison (18/tic for 5Mins).
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-21 04:30:31  
Mysterious Light isn't quite as expensive on mp, but it's super close range, which doesn't go hand in hand with binding the mob, since (I think) it's a really delicate balance between being close enough to cast and staying out of melee range, also has a reasonably long cast time too I believe (I really don't use either of these spells).
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-21 04:37:54  
As with the Mysterious Light thing for Gravity, Blastbomb is also a high% Bind rate, and costs much less MP than Regurgitation, with a lower recast and longer range as far as I know.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-21 04:42:43  
Much much shorter range, and shitty duration generally too. Regurgitation is definitely the better spell. Bigger range (~21.5), longer duration, decent damage, costs more MP to use it, but the damage makes the MP cost not so unbearable.

But yes, shorter recast (not sure about the bind probability, I don't really use it). More of an "oh ***it's hitting me and all my other spells are down" spell.
 Alexander.Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-11-21 04:58:48  
Odin.Blazza said:
Much much shorter range, and shitty duration generally too. Regurgitation is definitely the better spell. Bigger range (~21.5), longer duration, decent damage, costs more MP to use it, but the damage makes the MP cost not so unbearable.

But yes, shorter recast (not sure about the bind probability, I don't really use it). More of an "oh ***it's hitting me and all my other spells are down" spell.
Yeah definately.

Blast Bomb's range is about ~15 (Don't quote me on this, just a rough guess too lazy to look it up) but its still a really good secondary bind (Its quite reliable if you watch the Scitalis video I linked). I guess if you were to Regur something to death, you might even want to use blast bomb while waiting for Regur recast (approx 18secs).

Honestly, it makes my RDM jealous :P Must be nice to have 2 relatively short recast bind spells lol.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2009-11-21 05:03:47  
I wonder why Cold Wave isn't very popular among BLUs. It only costs 1 Point to set it and does 18dmg/tick. Plus you can stack it on top of Disseverment poison for 36dmg/tick total.
 Alexander.Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-11-21 05:14:34  
Actually, that's a good question >.>

I'll look into its cast range and duration sometime later unless Blazza or someone else does it before me. :P Another 18/tic would definately help take down Nevermolt faster lol.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-21 05:23:17  
Very short duration makes it not worth the MP cost for solo (close range too). If you have support though it's well worth the while (unless you have blm's doing elemental DoT's, not as powerful DoT, but lasts a lot longer).
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-21 05:36:24  
To add onto that it only last 30 sec... and has a recast of 1 min and cost 37 mp. So only about 4 dmg/mp. Not to mention is has a 4 sec casting time. It is a very very inefficient DOT spell. Though it gives some rediculous -agi
 Alexander.Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-11-21 05:37:59  
Ah ok thanks for the clarification lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-21 05:41:26  
Make for interesting zerg support though. Almost -40agi granted it decays but meh. And then infrasonics for another -20 evasion. Even the mages might be able to hit whatever you do that too lol