フォーラム » FFXI » General » Salvage Boss (LV25 gears) Dead with NO DROP
Salvage Boss (LV25 gears) Dead with NO DROP
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-11-25 18:25:23  
We just had a No drop on Mega Boss Arrapago Remnants which is impossible because drop rate is 100% on 2 pieces. Anyone can explain this or SE just *** us over?
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-25 18:32:58  
if it was unclaimed when it died, then you screwed yourselves out of a drop
[+]
 Fairy.Lilman
サーバ: Fairy
user: Lilman
By Fairy.Lilman 2009-11-25 18:34:44  
Everyone already have all the 25s it was going to drop?
By Khaiden 2009-11-25 18:34:50  
Pics or didn't happen.
 Asura.Raeyna
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Raeyna 2009-11-25 18:36:35  
If everyone in your group had those pieces in your group already, or if it died white nothing will drop. It sucks sure.
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-25 18:38:07  
Fairy.Lilman said:

doubt this would be the case. why goto a mega boss if you didnt even need its drops. waste of a tag imo
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-11-25 18:39:01  
No our MNK killed it we did it smoothly not once did it get off claim
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-25 18:39:54  
Khaiden said:
Pics or didn't happen.
This
Fairy.Lilman said:
Or This
Siren.Delirium said:
doubt this would be the case. why goto a mega boss if you didnt even need its drops. waste of a tag imo
Linen coinpurse ftw!
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-25 18:42:54  
Siren.Delirium said:
Fairy.Lilman said:

Cause it drops multiple armors....probably dropped the stuff nobody wanted/needed as opposed to what they wanted or something looool.

I've had the bhaflau remnants boss where we got x2 marduk hands couple times and everybody Q.Qd
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-25 18:51:21  
Kujata.Daus said:
Siren.Delirium said:
Fairy.Lilman said:
Cause it drops multiple armors....probably dropped the stuff nobody wanted/needed as opposed to what they wanted or something looool. I've had the bhaflau remnants boss where we got x2 marduk hands couple times and everybody Q.Qd

that makes more sense.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-11-25 18:51:24  
We called GM and he said "we will investigate this matter" as always, which i already guessed he would. He said if they find error we will get our Permits back ...
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-11-25 18:51:55  
By the way i'm gonna post SS now on this site.
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-25 18:58:15  
Siren.Delirium said:
Fairy.Lilman said:

Because decent players are able to full clear AR. (means 7NM+boss), so why not try for a purse if you have enough time ? You are saying "goto a megaboss" like if killing the boss would prevent you to kill NMs...

As for the non drop issue i guess that everyone listed the possible reasons :/ And even if it's a glitch on SE side, you'll at best get a tag back yes :x
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-25 19:11:30  
Garuda.Antipika said:
Because decent players are able to full clear AR. (means 7NM boss), so why not try for a purse if you have enough time ? You are saying "goto a megaboss" like if killing the boss would prevent you to kill NMs...
actually i have been away from salvage since the introduction of coinpurses. so i was unaware of any reason to goto a mega boss other than the 25s.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-26 02:12:19  
Can also merc lv25 drop for a buyer :)
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-26 10:19:36  
So i'm curious what ended up happening?
By Volume 2009-11-26 10:32:51  
That happened to me before w/ jailer of fortitude, where it dropped nothing at all, GM said it was working as intended and the axe isn't a gaurontee drop(this was 2008 btw). Later i found out its because i had axe in inventory already and i solo'd.

It is possible that it dropped x2 pieces, something shitty that u guys all had already(meh maybe?) and just didn't show up period anyway. Or the unclaimed thing, maybe someone hit disengage at the right time? lol
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-11-26 11:13:06  
It couldn't be, at the time there were 3 people who were meleeing the boss, and we all saw it dead as red.
Still no response from GM we'll see what happens.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
サーバ: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-11-26 11:33:05  
Call For Help FTW?
 Ramuh.Kyamiiux
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Kyamiiux
By Ramuh.Kyamiiux 2009-11-26 11:37:34  
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Call For Help FTW?

I like how people insist on it not being red after you said it was dead while red a million times.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-11-26 11:41:44  
Well. It is extremely unlikely, but I'm surprised Enternius isn't in this thread rubbing faces with it. NO drop is absolutely 100%. There is a tiny margin of FFXI coding that makes all "100%" drops actually 99.6%. I've seen Charby drop no Joyeuse, so I can vouch for that.

That being said, while possible, it is VERY unlikely that both your .4%'s in both slots kicked in. But...it's a 255/256 chance of dropping. So the odds of both hitting the *** number is ridiculous...but hey. If all else fails, beat the issue with literacy.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-11-26 11:51:17  
counterstance kill. sometimes no drops. see dune boots NM discussions.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-26 12:03:40  
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
By the way i'm gonna post SS now on this site.
Where?
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-11-26 12:07:14  
Volume said:
GM said it was working as intended and the axe isn't a gaurontee drop

because despite beliefs nothing in FFXI is a 100% drop. There was a topic on BG not too long ago about 100% drops.

There are no 100% drops in FF!
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-27 02:19:33  
Quote:
Well. It is extremely unlikely, but I'm surprised Enternius isn't in this thread rubbing faces with it. NO drop is absolutely 100%. There is a tiny margin of FFXI coding that makes all "100%" drops actually 99.6%. I've seen Charby drop no Joyeuse, so I can vouch for that.

That being said, while possible, it is VERY unlikely that both your .4%'s in both slots kicked in. But...it's a 255/256 chance of dropping. So the odds of both hitting the *** number is ridiculous...but hey. If all else fails, beat the issue with literacy.

Pure BS. Among ALL players on ALL servers, you will NEVER EVER find someone who only 1 lv25 drop of a Salvage Boss. (exception if all players had a specific rare/ex 25 in their inv/mh etc.)

The 0.4% thing doesn't apply here.

0.4% is *** HIGH for an event like Salvage. People in Salvage get items with a 2% drop rate daily, yet I've never heard of someone only getting 1 drop off a boss, despite boss being killed everyday. The very same goes for all NM that drop Lv15 items with a 100% drop rate.

Stop extrapolating your own experience with Joyeuse to every single monsters of this game.

I think that most of you guys don't understand that the "not 100%" BS is also used by GM in situations where they just don't wanna waste time with your call. Unless a Japanese dev confirm that this 1/256 affect all monsters in the game, then it will just remain a myth.

If the real 0.4% thing would affect all monsters, we would have people complaining daily. It would mean that in an average linkshell of 25 members, every 10 NMs kill (per player), someone would get *** up. Do you often heard of player complaining about not receiving a supposed 100% drop ? Not I. Sure it happen, but it's very rare. Best exemple would be sea, we chain jailers all day, all virtue/weapons are supposed to be 100%, yet I've only had an issue once myself and it was with Ix' Aern which is a special case.
[+]
 Seraph.Helixx
サーバ: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-11-27 02:33:51  
2 explanations:

1) bug
2) lie

programming a 100% drop rate is easy. Just have to go "1" in the propability section of the code. its like ZNM's not dropping a trophy... not ever gonna happen
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-27 02:41:41  
Glitch here and there happen yeah, I mean we're talking about FF XI. But here and there is certainly not 1/256. At least not on every single monster and/or every drop.
 Pandemonium.Tamoa
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Tomassin
By Pandemonium.Tamoa 2009-11-27 03:57:34  
OP has posted a screenshot on his profile page. Looks to me like it's either a glitch, or as already suggested that everyone there already had both 25s.
 Lakshmi.Vawn
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-11-30 11:20:15  
These guys can also drop 2 of the same piece, meaning it could just be one piece that was going to drop (times two) and everyone had that single piece.
First Page 2