Assault Tips - Second / First Lieutenant

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Assault Tips - Second / First Lieutenant
Assault Tips - Second / First Lieutenant
 Valefor.Ellise
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-30 15:34:06  
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some tips or suggestions for Second / First Lieutenant Assault missions. Our LinkShell has gotten to the point where many members are on these missions; I was just wondering if anyone recalls anything they would like to share with regards to this.

Thanks in advance!

[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-30 15:41:04  
IIRC Most of the 1Lt ones are pretty straightforward, and can be easily cleared with a "normal" pt setup, with some variation of:
Pld, Whm, Rdm, ddx3
Depending on the Specific one, you may only need one healer, you may not need the designated tank, or you may need a bard.
Off the top of my head, I remember that Cerberus and the chair Dvergr gave me the most trouble; with cerb requiring a good kiter, and the chair guy requiring a bit of luck (and i think in my case a wipe and RR). The vampire will require a competent bard to horde lullaby when the boss starts charming. The other ones though, Hydra and Khimaira are extremely easy and straight forward and you might want to start there.

At any rate, the wiki actually has very good walkthroughs for most of the Higher level assaults so you can't really go wrong starting there.

GL!
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-30 15:57:40  
Thanks Altar. I will keep that in mind.
 Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-11-30 16:21:59  
Here's what worked for my group doing FL assaults:

Bloody Rondo - RNG/NINx4 BRD WHM

If you have hate, run, if not keep shooting. When he pops a clone, have your RNG WS and take it out. When you get turned into a bat, have your bard horde lullaby.

The Price is Right - SAM/WAR x4 MNK BRD

Meditate Twice, or sleep TP. When you hit 200+ TP, buff, have one of your SAM use Warding Circle, Warcry, and have the rest put on Berzerk. Soulvoice Double Minuet, Barparlyze, and go to town. Once your initial 200 TP is gone (Sekkanoki > Gekko > Gekko) Pop your 2HRS and Gekko him down. Bard will need to diaga weapons when they come down. He should be dead very fast.

Better Than One

PLD/NIN SAM/NIN x2 RDM/DRK WHM BRD/WHM

PLD (and SAM's, though not as critical) should have a barfire set. Melee should get fire carol/march, and barfira. After buffs, mages run to the upper right corner, PLD should engage and tank Black Shuck face to face. SAM should be on the side closest to the Mages:

X = Shuck
S = Samurai
P = Paladin
M = Mages

X S ~20 yalm~ M
X S ~20 yalm~ M
P

Have SAM's do a dark skill chain to MB Slow (2) and Elegy. RDM/DRK needs to keep an eye for Shuck to Howl, and be ready to stun its TP moves. If it spawns fire elementals, your Bard needs to be ready to cast a long spell (stoneskin, reraise, etc), and agro all the elementals as it runs by. Elementals will depop after 25% damage is done to black shuck after they popped. So your bard can reraise and sack again if needed. Other than that, its a straight forward fight.

The Susanoo Shuffle

PLD/NIN SAM SAM WHM BLM RDM/DRK

Don't remember what we did specifically with this one. I think it was just straight forward melee during the magic shield and vice versa.

Bellerophon's Bliss

PLD/NIN SAM SAM RDM/WHM WHM BRD/WHM

Endurance fight. Have PLD BRD WHM hold Khim while the SAM's and RDM dispose of the goblin. Once the goblin is down, everyone focus on Khim. The fight can get VERY bad towards the end when he gets below 25%, so you may want to have a mini zerg ready at 35%. The range for Fullmination is 30 yalms, so you may want to have your RDM or BRD sit at 31 just to paralyna your WHM then they can get everyone back up. Also Lightning Carol and Barthundara at 40% is very helpful.

Hope this helps your group.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-30 16:33:02  
Really awesome post web ^^
Just a couple of things, I think we had mostly melee for the Vampire, and had someone hold the megaboss while pet was killed. And another option on Khim I think is to have one person hold the goblin while the rest of the pt kills khim, stops it from spamming fulmination.
 Pandemonium.Melaise
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-11-30 16:42:41  
I'm very close to doing Second/First Lieutenant assault missions.. I can't favorite this or anything so I'm just posting so I can come back to this later for references, don't mind me~
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-30 16:56:19  
Wow, thanks a lot Web. This will help a lot for this evening's LS Assault event.

Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-11-30 17:10:11  
You're welcome, good luck!

Also, I neglected to mention it, but don't forget the basics, food and reraise for everyone. ^^
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-12-03 12:10:17  
Just redid The Susanoo Shuffle for some friends yesterday.

Setup was:

PLD/NIN, SAM/NIN x2, BLM/RDM, WHM/SCH, BRD/SCH

Buff up, barparalyzra, auspice, march/ballad.

The key points to remember:

1. When it goes into tail mode, unlock and turn away from the mob
2. When you get the message "The thrashing has ceased" reposition everyone so you aren't attacking from behind (this will avoid the Tail move).
3. Watch for which shield is up, call it out in party.
4. Bring Antidotes, Nerve Gas is Potent.

When you get it down to 35%, keep an eye out for physical shield. As long as it isn't up, have your SAM's get 200 TP ready to do a 4 step sekkanoki light: SAM 1 Gekko > SAM 1 Yuki > SAM 2 Gekko > SAM 2 Kasha. Have your BLM Magic Burst (Thunder IV, Burst II, etc). Then have the SAM's 2HR (one at a time in case it shields) and empty out. Should go down with little difficulty.

Our PLD and WHM were a bit strained on MP towards the middle and end. Swapping out the BLM for a RDM/DRK might not have been a bad idea.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-03 12:30:17  
Thanks again Web; we were not able to do any new missions during our last session since lower ranked members needed some help. Maybe tonight.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-11 11:23:01  
We defeated the Count, although lost on Orochi twice. Thanks for the ongoing support, we are almost there.
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-12-11 11:49:13  
Orochi can be tricky. Keep at it, you'll get there.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-11 13:02:51  
Thanks Web.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-15 00:43:24  
Bested the Hydra & undead monster on the chair. 2 more missions.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-15 07:44:53  
Redid the Susanoo Shuffle yesterday as well. Trying for the Bowman's Ledelsens for fire resist setup. No Luck tho :(
In case anyone else is reading this, our set up was:
Pld/nin, Sam/Nin, Sam/thf, Whm/sch, Rdm/blm & brd

Bard double marches, one sam spams sata on the Pld (Since no atonement on hydra)

Easy enough fight, beat it in about 20 minutes. Seemed to spam physical shield though, even when both heads were cut off. Wasn't aware that was even possible.

GL Finishing it off Ellise!
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-15 14:10:48  
Thanks for the encouragement Altar; I hope that these last 2 missions will pass rather smoothly. Something about large NMs and timed events brings a sense of uncertainty to the situation.

Khim type and Cerb type remain.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 01:10:55  
Captain XD! Special thanks to all of you who supported me! Thank you so much!!
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-12-18 10:57:48  
Woo! Congrats!
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-18 11:09:35  
Grats Ellise!
Now make sure you spend your first 30 minutes as Captain constantly runic portalling to random staging points for free.
Just because you can.