users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » More macro slot
More macro slot
 Bismarck.Barrd
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-12-02 13:58:34  
Ok this is the way im looking to make this work rate up or down it you think it is a good idea over on the top rigth side before posting.

For ppl like me that dont use windower S.E. need to add more macro slop.

to macro in item for job that can help like red mage and black mage that need full body armor swops at some point in the game

6 slots just don't cut it!!
What # of slots do you think is good
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-02 13:59:54  
Yes it is a good idea however is interesting to see what people can do without it. But 7 is kinda meh. Maybe like 10 though yes you can easily use more.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2009-12-02 14:04:31  
Bismarck.Barrd said:
Ok this is the way im looking to make this work rate up or down it you think it is a good idea over on the top rigth side before posting.

to macro in item for job that can help like red mage and black mage that need full body armor swops at some point in the game

I sometimes play on Xbox and some others on PC, but I don't use Windower macros.

And yes, as painful as it may sound, I do go through:

/equip "main" "blabla"
/equip "sub" "blabla"
/equip "ammo" "blabla"
/equip "head" "blabla"
/equip "neck" "blabla"

(ran out of space), so:

/macro set 2

/equip "ear1" "blabla"

and so on... I often need to work with 4 macro sets for RDM/BST and almost always 3 macro sets for SAM/NIN/PLD.

I know, this is stupid, there should be a way to just press a macro and have all your equip swapped WITHOUT WINDOWER MACROS, but it is not possible right now, so, I need to hit Ctrl-8 4 times before having all my gear switched.

I really really would like a macro set that would have enough space for your complete armor, but I guess I am dreaming.
 Fenrir.Leesil
サーバ: Fenrir
user: jeremy234
By Fenrir.Leesil 2009-12-02 14:11:40  
Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said:
Bismarck.Barrd said:

I sometimes play on Xbox and some others on PC, but I don't use Windower macros.

And yes, as painful as it may sound, I do go through:

/equip "main" "blabla"
/equip "sub" "blabla"
/equip "ammo" "blabla"
/equip "head" "blabla"
/equip "neck" "blabla"

(ran out of space), so:

/macro set 2

/equip "ear1" "blabla"

and so on... I often need to work with 4 macro sets for RDM/BST and almost always 3 macro sets for SAM/NIN/PLD.

I know, this is stupid, there should be a way to just press a macro and have all your equip swapped WITHOUT WINDOWER MACROS, but it is not possible right now, so, I need to hit Ctrl-8 4 times before having all my gear switched.

I really really would like a macro set that would have enough space for your complete armor, but I guess I am dreaming.

I agree. Playing on 360 hurts sometimes having to hit multiple macros for gear swaps on pld and blm. More Macro space would make my life so much easier.
 Alexander.Neph
サーバ: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2009-12-02 14:14:03  
What I do for whole body equip swap macros is separate them in two; one macro is for visible gear (that makes me blink), and the other is for rings, earrings, etc.

While I COULD tweak my equipment to the point where I'd have to use three macros to change one set (the last line in a macro doesn't always work for me), I limit myself to two macros.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-02 14:18:20  
That seems like alot... you can mostly get by with 6 or 1 maccros with 6. Seriously how many situations do you really need to switch out everything? If you play around with things and do it right shouldn't generally need much more than 6
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2009-12-02 14:18:57  
Alexander.Neph said:
What I do for whole body equip swap macros is separate them in two; one macro is for visible gear (that makes me blink), and the other is for rings, earrings, etc.

While I COULD tweak my equipment to the point where I'd have to use three macros to change one set (the last line in a macro doesn't always work for me), I limit myself to two macros.

This sounds like a good idea, however, I do run out of macro spaces in horizontal slots, not just in vertical ones, and I don't like to manually switch sets/books in the middle of important fights, so, still would be a problem for me.

Still think that, what we really need is just like 20 macro spaces in every set :). That should not be really hard for SE to program, really.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2009-12-02 14:21:50  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
That seems like alot... you can mostly get by with 6 or 1 maccros with 6. Seriously how many situations do you really need to switch out everything? If you play around with things and do it right shouldn't generally need much more than 6

I can think about some pretty common situations where you really need to swap a lot of stuff:

1) SAM TP -> SAM WS (ammo, head, neck, 1/2 earring, body, hands, 1/2 rings, back, waist, legs, feet = 11-13 slots).

2) RDM convert (almost all slots). (Also: RDM MND, RDM enfeeble, lolRDMnuke, etc.)

3) BST charm -> BST TP (main, ammo, head, neck, ear1, ear2, body, hands, ring1, ring2, back (yayz for new CHR cape), waist, legs, feet = 14 slots).

... and so on.

(Edit: to describe actual pieces).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-02 14:27:07  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I can think about some pretty common situations where you really need to swap a lot of stuff: 1) SAM TP -> SAM WS 2) RDM convert (also: RDM MND, RDM enfeeble, lolRDMnuke, etc.) 3) BST charm -> BST TP ...
Alot isn't everything. As a taru I swapping for convert doesn't do much. ALso there are plenty of things that can do double duty. As far as other stuff. Well same thing. Mahat pants... yep they used for everything pretty much. Errant body too cept like for buffs. Nuke in af+1 head everything thing else relic. Full time gol feet(unless I'm /sch or like tanking or something)... etc etc. Also I like to use 2 maccro sets next to each other for my rdm. And there is always fitting stuff into other maccros that have space.

Melee jobs generally have less things that can be good tp and ws but then again they have less things to maccro so spending 2 on it isn't bad.
 Bismarck.Barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-12-02 14:28:04  
Bismarck.Barrd said:
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2009-12-02 14:34:32  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Alot isn't everything. As a taru I swapping for convert doesn't do much.

[...]

Lucky you are a taru :)

Myself, being an Elvaan, need to switch almost (? or need to recheck, maybe just ALL) every piece of gear to get my still-not-perfected convert ratio.

Oh well :)

At least it is good to know that few spaces are good for some players, as they are not so good for some others, like me.
By krazyrs 2009-12-02 14:35:31  
Quote:
Still think that, what we really need is just like 20 macro spaces in every set :). That should not be really hard for SE to program, really.
dont even need that

16 gear slots and main/sub/ra cant change due to tp loss, so 13 slots now

15 would be ideal
 Alexander.Neph
サーバ: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2009-12-02 14:50:31  
Aren't PS2 limitations the underlying issue here? D:
This sounds like a good idea, however, I do run out of macro spaces in horizontal slots, not just in vertical ones, and I don't like to manually switch sets/books in the middle of important fights, so, still would be a problem for me.

Most macros I'll ever use in one situation are two sets in one book, so 40.

On Cor for example, I have every phantom roll macroed. But I copy and paste the macros I'll actually be using at the time into my main macro set, so I'm always using the same 4~ macros no matter what rolls I switch in.

With Thf, I have separate macro sets for solo/evasion/haste/SA/TA/ws/etc (all in one book). So even though I have lots of sets I have them grouped up so that I won't be switching through more than 2 pallets at a time. Some macros are just repeats so I don't have to switch sets.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2009-12-02 14:55:53  
Alexander.Neph said:
Most macros I'll ever use in one situation are two sets in one book, so 40.

On Cor for example, I have every phantom roll macroed. But I copy and paste the macros I'll actually be using at the time into my main macro set, so I'm always using the same 4~ macros no matter what rolls I switch in.

With Thf, I have separate macro sets for solo/evasion/haste/SA/TA/ws/etc (all in one book). So even though I have lots of sets I have them grouped up so that I won't be switching through more than 2 pallets at a time. Some macros are just repeats so I don't have to switch sets.

Maybe I just need to re-work on my macros to further optimize them, since I have been dragging around macros from the pre-set/book time.

I guess I am just waiting for... a miracle? to happen and get us all the macro lines we really need.

(That, or I should start using Windower macros and stop playing on Xbox at all... but I *do* like nice graphics and controller ;) ).
 Midgardsormr.Ouch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Ouch
By Midgardsormr.Ouch 2009-12-02 15:08:13  
Square Enix should add the ability to create gear sets in game. While still not perfect (I imagine they'd limit the number of gear sets you could create), it could allow you to use only one line of your macros for gear swapping. It'd be nice to have a macro like

/equip SAMTP
/ws "Tachi: Gekko" <t>

where SAMTP is a preset list created by the player that swaps in a whole set of gear. It just seems like the easiest solution that doesn't force Square Enix to expand the number of actual lines in a given macro (which they seem hesitant to do for a number of reasons) while still giving the average user a convenience of windower without having to use it.
 Bismarck.Barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-12-02 15:11:13  
Isn't that how windower works ?
 Midgardsormr.Ouch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Ouch
By Midgardsormr.Ouch 2009-12-02 15:14:19  
Pretty much. It would still be nice to see it actually incorporated into the game as a kosher alternative.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-02 15:15:01  
Yeah... People have been saying this since the game was introduced. It won't happen anytime soon. :P
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2009-12-02 15:15:17  
I personally use 2 macros to swap gear sets, and add spell specific gear (staff, strap etc.) in the spell macro. and then, I use the seperate palletes in each book for different tiers (BLM) or different situations (RDM). This seems to work for me, but 12 slots per macro would be great.
 Ifrit.Clouse
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-12-02 16:35:17  
Midgardsormr.Ouch said:
Square Enix should add the ability to create gear sets in game. While still not perfect (I imagine they'd limit the number of gear sets you could create), it could allow you to use only one line of your macros for gear swapping. It'd be nice to have a macro like

/equip SAMTP
/ws "Tachi: Gekko" <t>

where SAMTP is a preset list created by the player that swaps in a whole set of gear. It just seems like the easiest solution that doesn't force Square Enix to expand the number of actual lines in a given macro (which they seem hesitant to do for a number of reasons) while still giving the average user a convenience of windower without having to use it.

I've always wanted this, only with the MH. Make a set for my pld and my blm, then when I change jobs I just trade out my pld set for my blm set. One click instead of like, 50. Multi-job gear can just become inven staple (or /satchel).

As for macro's, I'm on pc and use windower, but not windower macro's (no real reason, just too lazy and still get quite a bit of new gear due to my pld recently getting 75, and my thf being stripped of gear and slowly re-built). I dont have any problems with 2 macro slots for each gear set.

On pld I have my tank set (basically my dd set minus a few pieces of gear) in 2 macro's and my other (enmity/ws/mdb/shield/dd/pdt-) as 1 macro each. I have no problem's switching between them on the fly, just have to be quick so you don't get the "you cannot use that ability right now" message when casting utsu, *** lag...

Though adding more macro slots (or using windower) is def easier on tougher fights where wiping and winning can be the diff in 1-2 seconds of delay.