users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » cuchulains vs foragers
cuchulains vs foragers
 Caitsith.Orbitxx
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Orbitxx
By Caitsith.Orbitxx 2009-12-05 05:27:46  
im sure its been discussed before but i just picked up a cuchu mantle today and went to farm my usual spot of DC mobs.. noticed straight up ws were much lower than anticipated. havent had much time to test it stacked with SA and was wondering peoples thoughts on it? this is for DE only btw. also, c belt vs warwolf?
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-05 05:38:01  
I'm sure someone will have a better answer (WITH MATH!) but basically acc+ doesn't do much of anything on DC mobs, so of course the attack and STR will do better. But for pretty much everything worthwhile Cuch > for TPing and DE. This might be dumb, but what's a c belt. :s
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-05 05:41:12  
Remora.Ninian said:
This might be dumb, but what's a c belt. :s

Cuchulain's Belt
 Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin 2009-12-05 05:52:35  
for merit mobs C mantle and warwolf belt for farming mobs just stick with att and str unless you really can't land any ws's on them
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-05 06:09:39  
ffff belts. I think the answer depends on your fSTR, but I don't really know anything about fSTR, so I can't help you there. ; -; sorry. One of the more math people can help. Going to assume it's Cuch belt if fstr is capped, otherwise Warewolf. Also remember the price. I WS with Life Belt on DNC, but I also value my inventory space and... I don't really WS all that much anyway.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-05 06:54:58  
Yes fstr matters to an extent. And is part of the reason why these do differently at different lvls.

As far as back peices go fighting DCs wsing chances are you are capped fstr even without the back unless your ws set sucks or you are farming really high vit type mobs. And your acc should be capped so fighting DCs the real difference between the 2 belts is more like 15 att on foragers and 4 dex on cuch. How much dmg that dex adds is kinda dependent on your stats.

Lets assume you are using blau which has a dmg of 33 and fstr cap of 10. So that would be 43 base dmg on normal melee hits. Now my 75 tarutaru thf/nin has a base dex of 73 and chr of 52. My normal ws gear gives me 28 more dex not counting the back peice mostly cause I try not to use multiple maccros for it lol. So 101 dex and 52 chr adds 30.3 and 20.8 respectively but assuming you are 75 they get modded due to lvl by .83 So more like 42 between them. So you base dmg will only come out to about 85 on non TA SA wss. 4 dex would only add .996 to that or about 1.2% to your dmg.

15 att is harder to reckon since pdif is stupid! But at higher Cratios which you should be at since lvl correct isn't doing ***and you better have more attack then the mob has def max pdif is just a 1.2Xcratio while mid is max -0.8.

But lets say you have 300 attack while wsing and the mobs def is like 200. Your cRatio would be 1.5. And if you added 15 att it would be 1.575. Which would be a good 5% increase on max pdif while it would be a godo 9% increase in min pdif. So yeah assuming your Cratio isn't capped at 2 and is at least 1.5 or can get there with the foragers foragers should win. Fighting even weaker mobs though cuch should pull back out in lead.

As far as belts well if you are still capped on fstr obviously 6dex 10att will beat 5 dex 2-3att. As far as normal situations like non capped fstr (though you should be able to cap on loldagger in xp situation) 1 dex on SA WS will about the same as 5 str. However it will slightly lower on just SA and alot lower on just ws... but the 10 att might make up for it depending on alot of factors. I'd agument a warwolf though. Seen ones with acc agi AND chr on the same one before
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-05 07:14:41  
"But lets say you have 300 attack while wsing and the mobs def is like 200. Your cRatio would be 1.5. And if you added 15 att it would be 1.575"
Level correlation...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-05 07:16:54  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
"But lets say you have 300 attack while wsing and the mobs def is like 200. Your cRatio would be 1.5. And if you added 15 att it would be 1.575" Level correlation...
What lvl correction? He is fighting DCs. Oh yeah forgot there is a small correction based on your lvl for stat mods... whooops that would alter the numbers slightly though not pdif
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-05 07:46:45  
It would alter the pdif as well(which would make increase from attack do less actually on DC or lower, higher increase on T or higher). The only time there is no level correlation is if it's the same level as you.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-05 07:51:37  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
It would alter the pdif as well(which would make increase from attack do less actually on DC or lower, higher increase on T or higher). The only time there is no level correlation is if it's the same level as you.
What source you using?
wiki said:
If the monster has a higher level than you, then a level corrected ratio is needed before calculating the pDIF.
Otherwise, when fighting EM monsters or lower, your atk/def ratio will not be modified when used in the pDIF function. In other words, there is no level correction.

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-05 08:04:13  
Wiki as well, but long ago. It's been edited since then, guess I was going off of outdated info.

Learn something new every day.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-05 08:16:01  
Yeah the actual values of pdif are a little off since according to wiki they changed and the newer ones are still under dicussion so I used old ones. Supposedly new ones have different equations for 1 or 2 handers lol.
 Caitsith.Orbitxx
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Orbitxx
By Caitsith.Orbitxx 2009-12-05 17:22:48  
i use blau main and ws in heca feet/hands and dragon harness+1, kupo detat helm with 4 str 4 dex 15 ws acc, love torque, thunder ring/rajas, warwolf belt(lookin into cuchu belt), and enkidu legs with 4dex 4str, delta ear 2dex 2chr. im just hoping in higher lvl mob situations using meat that the cuchu mantle beats the attack on foragers, because the attack on foragers seems to add a lot to the DC mobs i farm, and i dont remember having trouble missing DE much at all using foragers.
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-12-09 20:04:10  
Both are very good. If you have the money to spend on a cuchulain's mantle, you should also have an amemet+1 or forager's. There will be enough times where you'll want to use it.

But I find it hard to give an opinion on precisely when and where to use either. I use both.