My Mozilla Crashes All The Time...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » My mozilla crashes all the time...
My mozilla crashes all the time...
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-12-05 06:40:23  
guys i got a problem with my damn mozilla firefox
it just crashes randomly all the freakin time and asks me do i want to send an error report.
it mostly happens when theres a youtube video posted somewhere or any type of videos which means i cant go to sites with videos too.
today i tried to go photobucket too and got booted >_>
i re-installed the whole thing and its still happening anyone got a clue whats the story :/ ? oh plz dont post any videos here i really beg ye :(
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-05 08:13:52  
Mine have been acting wierd lately too.
But mine just gets randomly really slow, then crash=/
Happends about every 3hrs? This just randomly started to happen, wasnt like this before.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-12-05 08:22:08  
my one crashes all the *** time and i hate using opera or e explorer dunno how to fix this i reinstalled allready and nothing >_>
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Missdominatrix 2009-12-05 08:38:09  
mine freezes up and also crashes or when i close it on next start up it asks me if i would like a new session or restore the one i was one, when i closed it. and dont want to use any other one that i have >.<
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-05 09:02:29  
are you running lots of plugins? i had this for quite a while, so i cut out most of the plugins i was running, now it's much better. it only "not responding" for a couple of seconds once or twice a day, down from full out crashing every 10 *** minutes.
 Odin.Eirwen
サーバ: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-12-05 09:05:35  
My Firefox is acting up as well. Can't get the Members Menu to slide down.

Seems to working fine in I.Explorer though *shivers*.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-05 09:07:45  
Some add-ons (depending on your Fx version) the browser won't really like and can make it sluggish or just... die completely. Play around with turning them on and off, and it might help.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-12-05 09:16:17  
still sucks i tried and it sucks big time... now my ffxiah site looks even worse even tho i fixed everything as it was...
worst part is that each time a youtube video is anywhere on a site it completely crashes i gotta switch to e explorer to watch ***...
 Odin.Eirwen
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-12-05 09:18:19  
Hmmm, even my AH history and other lists aren't showing... Can't say that the one add-on I use is causing this... And ti worked fine two hours ago.

Maybe I need a reboot.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-05 10:47:48  
Works for me :x

Have you tried reinstalling? Got NoScript or some other blockers? Can't really think of anything else besides lolwindows really.
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-12-05 11:53:54  
i must say....i have been using firefox for 4 or 5 years....i never had problem of crashing or anything o.O i cannot talk that about Internet Explorer...lol...

maybe there is a chance in your OS....or have some virus...or your OS need some maintenance

i only have seen firefox crashing and being slow is on the PC i have fix that have a lot of errors or/and virus and etc

scan your computer with your antivirus(updated)....do a disk defragment...check if your firewall is updated and checking disk this way(if is XP)

Start > Run > type "cmd" > type on the new black window "chkdsk/f" and is gonna ask you that it can't because the harddisk is been use...it say on the next restart windows if gonna check it (Y/N) > type "y" > thats it :3 restart
This is how it looks for XP

if is vista is almost the same process

send a PM if anything ^^
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-05 12:13:13  
My Firefox crashed all the time. I only had the necessary plug ins, like Ad Block plus and No Script. Crashed all the time.

Then I switched to Google Chrome. Haven't had a problem since.

My OS has no viruses, no spyware, nothing. The latest editions of Firefox are just shitty.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-12-05 12:15:25  
Happens to me once in a blue moon. but I just blame it on me having 20+ tabs open at once.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-05 12:26:13  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
My OS has no viruses, no spyware, nothing. The latest editions of Firefox are just shitty.

They work perfectly for me. I don't like Chrome's UI, it's too abstract and Fx3.X has such a brilliant address bar and a wider selection of add-ons and plugins. Must have been doing something wrong :\
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-05 12:28:20  
Mine did that alot a while back, it was so bad that I installed another browser to be able to browse. Firefox wouldnt even let me uninstall it from my system.

I dont remember how I got it to stop but I think I just installed an older version and then eventually upgraded to the newer version from the browser itself or something.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-05 12:45:28  
I'd suggest uninstalling all add-ons, themes, and plug-ins. Plug-ins being flash, adobe, etc. Then download the latest version of the plugins and see if the problem continues. If so, completely uninstall everything including mozilla firefox and get the latest version and reinstall.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-05 13:04:04  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
I'd suggest uninstalling all add-ons, themes, and plug-ins. Plug-ins being flash, adobe, etc. Then download the latest version of the plugins and see if the problem continues. If so, completely uninstall everything including mozilla firefox and get the latest version and reinstall.

It's this sorta thing that makes me not miss Windows :x <3 Synaptic Package Manager
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-12-05 15:16:20  
Check what is the cause of the crash (if you ever clicked yes to send the error report). To check just go to Tools > Error Console. Sometime it might take a while for them to analyze it but sometime it's fast. That's how I found out why mine kept crashing, it was because of AVG.

That problem happened to me before my AVG problem too and I browsed all the net for a week and I never found a solution, just used something else till one day Firefox worked again for no apparent reason lol...

GL!
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-12-05 15:29:11  
Mine used to crash all the time. It got incredibly annoying. In fact, I started using Opera because it was so annoying. I constantly uninstalled and reinstalled and it would be okay for a while, but it would eventually start doing it again. The only thing that fixed it was when I did a factory restore on my PC, but that is a bit extreme.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-12-05 15:39:06  
hmmmm ill try that liquidz i never checked the error console thing so yeah ill do that .
Sterling i would reinstall windows because its packed with viruses but im just waiting for a new sony vaio for christmas so im just waiting to get rid of this junk haha =D
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-05 15:43:49  
This actually does happen after awhile and is generally related to using the same profile in Firefox for months/years and getting overly cluttered or just having a lot of extensions (men) going in and out of there (Kat's house) and *** things up over time, to put it simply. I generally to wipe and replace my profile every few months or at the beginning of a big update since old settings tend to conflict when drastic changes are made. Not much different from Windows in general, being why some format their computers like once every 6 months and reinstall. In that way those profile backup programs/extensions can be a blessing and a curse if they're just a long continuation of whatever problem you originally had.

Here's a fairly simple fix for testing just where your problem lies, guys. Assuming you aren't using a portable version like what Anye posted about a few days ago for use in flash drives this should work. Specific intructions can be found here, but I'll give a basic rundown of what to do as well: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles

Firstly, in the menu bar, click Help > Check for Updates just to make sure you're starting out on the right foot.

After, (in Windows) close Firefox, go to Start > Run then enter "firefox.exe -p" or "firefox.exe -profilemanager." This will bring up, you guessed it, Firefox's profile manager wherein you can create a new profile that's completely blank (and clean) and see if your problem persists. If so then you know it's either a default setting in Firefox which is likely to have a fix courtesy of Google, or a problem with your install in general that may be solved by Uninstalling Firefox, restarting then reinstalling.

If they problem is gone with your new profile, then you at least know something in your old profile *** things up! You can either try to hunt down the perpetrator or start clean, in which case I have a few tips on how to get your profile back to normalcy fairly quickly since I've had to do it a few times. lol

@Azul: What distro are you using? I like the UI a lot. Get some damn bookmarks, though! Bookmark bar is so barren. :<

*checks for updates to the Bible*

No hitting, Kat. 83
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-05 15:45:30  
Oh and there's a lot of blasphemy going on here. Crashing and inability to use Firefox is no excuse for-- *cringe* switching to another browser.

Well okay, Chrome's dev channel has extensions so I guess it's kind of sexy. :u
 Odin.Eirwen
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-12-05 15:50:17  
Well, my problem is fixed. I can see the AH history en whatnot again after cleaning my f.fox buffer.