users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Valefor » A Shantotto Ascension
A Shantotto Ascension
 Valefor.Ellise
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-10 15:27:34  
Hello everyone ^^

My shell is about 2 fights away from completing this quest series. I was wondering if anyone wanted to provide some input as to how difficult the final battle was?

PT Set up and other tips are very appreciated.

Thank you for all of your support! Happy Holidays everyone!
 Unicorn.Nibibi
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Nibibi 2009-12-10 19:58:56  
Did it as smn x4 rdm x1 rng x1. Garuda x4 (without using favor) beat down D. shantotto while rng kites the other. Rdm cures rng, smn cure each other. Once D. Shantotto is dead, use the avatar beat down on Shantotto. Getting hexes is a must. Try to keep combo attack away from smn during rage so they don't have to deal with para, silence, etc...
 Fairy.Vytiss
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-12-10 20:11:30  
beat it as whm whm rdm/nin drk drk sam... even after wiping twice to the first mob we engaged, and burning all but 1drk and 1rdm 2hr.
best advice, don't give up :)
we managed to RR, rest weakness, and then fight the WHM at the entrance while the RDM/NIN kited the BLM. Remedies are essential, echo drops as well. Once WHM was dead, we moved on to BLM.
WHM resists Stun, BLM does not.
We may have gotten lucky by not having to deal with Meteor again after our first wipe.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2009-12-10 20:40:13  
rdm rdm whm sam war mnk

get 3 dds and 3 healers, that setup works well if you cant get the smn setup.

Kill blm first, then whm. Have someone kite the whm. Try to take out blm quick, if you die dont waste the rr, stay dead till either your party wipes or blm is dead. If party wipes, wait for the shantottos to run away. Get up immediately, Curaga iv and kill the blm shantotto, 2hr if you have to. If you can kill blm shantotto fast enough, the rest of the fight will be easy.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-15 14:14:03  
We will have to try this battle with a somewhat different PT set up. Our Shell does not have many Summoners, and most of the players enjoy playing DD type jobs. So perhaps 3 mages and 3 DD type jobs with ninja sub jobs will work.

Everyone has been kind of avoiding the confrontation, simply because we cannot support the ideal set up. At least it is nice to know that this battle is somewhat possible with a different group set up.

Must show resolve and move forward ^^
 Valefor.Opia
user: Opia
By Valefor.Opia 2009-12-15 15:23:01  
I have Smn at 75, lemme know when you wanna do this fight. i need it.