users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Your Opinion About Claustrum
Your Opinion About Claustrum
First Page 2 3
 Shiva.Easygermany
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Easygermany 2009-12-16 04:46:07  
Please write your opinion about SMN/BLM Relic.

So you wanna go forward to this Relic or Mythic Weapon?

Is it good enough for a SMN to have High DMG Output and low Delay over low DMG HQ Staff and Pet Cost -3 MP?

Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 04:50:29  
Waste of ancient currency that could be used to fund a good relic. Now smn mythic is good.
 Shiva.Easygermany
By Shiva.Easygermany 2009-12-16 05:07:56  
Why do u think its waste of gil and time?

DMG/Delay not good or do u think smn cant melee?

what is a good think is a good relic / Job ?

Great Sword Relic better??? i think no
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 05:30:02  
Well a smns choices for DD kinda not so great. The loss of -3 prep and whatever extras you get from fey weapon would hurt alot. Not to mention the other gear you are swaping out for haste/acc. Kinda the same reason why despite there higher dmg meleeing in rune weapons generally a bad idea. Also not necessarily a waste of gil I meant though sure is but taking currency off the market that could be spent by other people getting better relics

As far as better weapons well great sword isn't horrible but not really up to relic DD standards. Swd is crazy good. scythe is kinda awesome. Dag completely changes thf really. gun/bow are the best a rng is gunna get and make for interesting sam build. Shield of course. h2h kinda meh. gaxe can be good. Not really sure about kat. Gkt is awesome. Axe... idk. Generally though a mage DDing is gunna do so not as good as a melee given the same lvl of gear for there job and they will be horrible at maging
 Ragnarok.Holyman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2009-12-16 05:38:15  
lolClaustrum

Speaking from logical aspect , what does Claustrum have that enhance your functionality & your job as either BLM or SMN ?

- You're not supposed to melee as BLM or SMN in any useful/HNM/real events & activities , I'm not talking about campaign or farming or fighting easy prey to decent challenge .
- Even if you have the money to spend , you better spend it on something useful that benefits you & your server/LS .
- assuming bynes go for 7k , shells for 12k , & O.bronze for 15k . Claustrum would cost you 230,200,000 Gils , IMO that's dumb & pretty much for weapon that all its uses reside in campaign , farming or fun .

Speaking from beneficial effect , Nirvana is waaay better , useful & it actually enhances your job beside it would satisfy your job needs & smn melee fantasy/desire

Nirvana
DMG: 62 Delay: 402 Accuracy +30
"Garland of Bliss"
Aftermath (Incl. Avatars):
Inc. Acc./Atk., Occ. attacks twice
Lv. 75 SMN
Claustrum
DMG: 72 Delay: 390 Accuracy +20
"Gate of Tartarus"
Additional effect: Dispel
Lv. 75 BLM / SMN

Hidden Effect

Attacks will occasionally do 2.5 times normal damage.
8 MP Refresh after weapon skill, length of the refresh depends on TP

-In comparison to Claustrum you lose 10 dmg + hidden effect + Add effect dispel & aftermath 8 MP Refresh , but you gain much better with Nirvana -4 prep cost , you will have free Fenrir/Garuda/Diabolos under any circumstances which already possible now by using Avatar's Favor + right circumstances , so it's the king of all staves for idling for SMN , & the refresh effect of Claustrum pales more , it's next to useless.

-It enhances magical BP dramatically with that huge bonus in 1 slot .

- If you are serious about meleeing , you would need more accuracy , Nirvana offers 30 Accuracy , which is 10 more than lolaustrum , the aftermath effects of level 1 , 2 & 3 are just awesome & it actually enhances your avatar too .

- Garland of bliss add effect is useful , since it is equivalent to Dia & stacks with it .

- The hassle & pain to complete the quests for Nirvana prolly justifies the cost which is @best would be like 105M~120M if you buy every single Alex for 3.5k~4k .

While Nirvana has its uses , SMN can live without it & it doesn't complete replaces B.Staff or Fay Corizier with Pet: +Attack unless you have TP & under aftermath effect .

Answering your question : NO , HQ staves RULES for BLM , not the best for SMN but yet doesn't justify to go for that crap .. SMN shouldn't melee , period.
[+]
 Shiva.Easygermany
By Shiva.Easygermany 2009-12-16 05:44:52  
Do u think SE need fix some Relic gear except of job?

Most of relic weapons cost 150-250 Mil Gil .....

Or is Relic only old Fashion?

Some of Mythic are much better and cost nothing .....
 Midgardsormr.Dominionix
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Dominionix 2009-12-16 06:01:06  
"Some of Mythic are much better and cost nothing ....."

Cost nothing!?!? You do 30,000 x 3000 and tell me if you get "nothing" as a result. Because if you do, you're doing something very, very wrong.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 06:05:04  
Also very few mythic are better let alone much better. The only ones I'd call much better are brd cause really melee brd and +duration is nice if you can still land it without HQ staffs. Nirvana well cause melee smn but also cause it is just rediculously good. Burtgang for dmg reduction and emnity loss reduction yes but Excalibur however on doing dmg and gaining emnity. Whm cause if you are using it for it's ability its kinda insane and again lol melee mage endgame. Alot of the mythic well just flat out fail. Like I wouldn't use them over cheap Ah equipment.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2009-12-16 06:27:13  
Shiva.Easygermany said:
Do u think SE need fix some Relic gear except of job? Most of relic weapons cost 150-250 Mil Gil ..... Or is Relic only old Fashion? Some of Mythic are much better and cost nothing .....

It's called cost Versus usability , functionality , effeciency .

Do you think it's worth it to spend 230M on weapon that you wouldn't benefit anything from to help you being better SMN ?

Mythics generaly cost less money but more time consuming , effort & work to get it done , Assault x50 x2 for Captain + logs , Killing 3 ToAU kings for title , salvage 4 titles , 150k tokens aka non-stop Nyzuling , 100k Ein ampules , the hassle with getting 3 ZNM T4 seals considering its low drop rate .. so that's like 6 months at least of preperations for the non-Alex part .
Ramuh.Dasva said:
...Burtgang for dmg reduction and emnity loss reduction yes but Excalibur however on doing dmg and gaining emnity. Whm cause if you are using it for it's ability its kinda insane and again lol melee mage endgame. Alot of the mythic well just flat out fail. Like I wouldn't use them over cheap Ah equipment.
Burtgang even better for enmity , since the add effect on Excalibur offers no enmity at all .

WHM mythic is just flat win to be honest , yes it's macro piece sadly regarding endgame functionality , for less extent melee piece for whm but it shines regardless .
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-16 06:56:45  
Relics normally split into 1 of 3 categories
1. Offers nothing really special or Job changing, just has awesome stats (looking at the Polearm or Katana)

2. Offers something that changes the way the job is played (Scythe is the most obvious example)

3. Offers nothing to the normal job role and doesn't offer enough to change how the job is used (Castrum lives here)

Castrum offers a better DD weapon than anything BLM or SMN could otherwise get, but the lack of melee gear (basically restricted to 'All Jobs' and some rare stuff) means that they aren't able to melee mobs over VT.

Also the process of meleeing detracts from their primary job role (-15% nuke damage for BLM and -3 avatar perpetuation for SMN). The damage from meleeing is very unlikely to make up for this loss.

For soloing/campaign etc Castrum would be great, but that's a lot of money for events that most people wouldn't consider important.

SMN has a far better option, the mythic weapon is great, you combine the best parts of HQ staves with some melee stats (so you can engage if you wish).

BLM... They are better off with HQ staves, which is a shame for the super rich out there (great for people w/o the money to complete mythics or relics). With BLM you are better off spending your money on some of the incredibly expensive whiteboxes or buying rare/ex stuff (if possible, buying rare/ex white boxes :P)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-16 09:13:41  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also very few mythic are better let alone much better. The only ones I'd call much better are brd cause really melee brd and duration is nice if you can still land it without HQ staffs. Nirvana well cause melee smn but also cause it is just rediculously good. Burtgang for dmg reduction and emnity loss reduction yes but Excalibur however on doing dmg and gaining emnity. Whm cause if you are using it for it's ability its kinda insane and again lol melee mage endgame. Alot of the mythic well just flat out fail. Like I wouldn't use them over cheap Ah equipment.

wait, by better do you mean better than their corresponding relic? as in Carnwenhan is better than Gjallarhorn? O.o
 Shiva.Easygermany
By Shiva.Easygermany 2009-12-16 09:32:39  
Nice Threat now.
Midgardsormr.Dominionix said:
"Some of Mythic are much better and cost nothing ....." Cost nothing!?!? You do 30,000 x 3000 and tell me if you get "nothing" as a result. Because if you do, you're doing something very, very wrong.

If u have enough fun to to salvage then its free. U never will buy full 30.000

Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-16 09:38:39  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also very few mythic are better let alone much better. The only ones I'd call much better are brd cause really melee brd and duration is nice if you can still land it without HQ staffs. Nirvana well cause melee smn but also cause it is just rediculously good. Burtgang for dmg reduction and emnity loss reduction yes but Excalibur however on doing dmg and gaining emnity. Whm cause if you are using it for it's ability its kinda insane and again lol melee mage endgame. Alot of the mythic well just flat out fail. Like I wouldn't use them over cheap Ah equipment.

wait, by better do you mean better than their corresponding relic? as in Carnwenhan is better than Gjallarhorn? O.o

Ghorn is an exception as the mythic doesn't go in the same slot as the relic, so it can be examined on its own merits and compared to the other items that go in that slot (HQ staves and -x% casting time knives).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-16 09:43:01  
I miss your old avatar but that one works too.

Topic-related: why would you ever upgrade this relic seriously oh god why
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-12-16 09:48:06  
I'm sorry, but in my opinion, this relic is a joke. There are better options for BLM and SMN (HQ staves for BLM, Fey for SMN). Also, I can only see some of the relics being chased after. Horn, Shield, Scythe and Dagger are probably the ones that will alter their users the most. Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter, which is what you asked for.
By Mikumaru 2009-12-16 09:49:17  
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
lolClaustrum Speaking from logical aspect , what does Claustrum have that enhance your functionality & your job as either BLM or SMN ? - You're not supposed to melee as BLM or SMN in any useful/HNM/real events & activities , I'm not talking about campaign or farming or fighting easy prey to decent challenge . - Even if you have the money to spend , you better spend it on something useful that benefits you & your server/LS . - assuming bynes go for 7k , shells for 12k , & O.bronze for 15k . Claustrum would cost you 230,200,000 Gils , IMO that's dumb & pretty much for weapon that all its uses reside in campaign , farming or fun . Speaking from beneficial effect , Nirvana is waaay better , useful & it actually enhances your job beside it would satisfy your job needs & smn melee fantasy/desire Nirvana DMG: 62 Delay: 402 Accuracy 30 Avatar perpetuation cost -4 Avatar: "Magic Atk. Bonus" 20 "Garland of Bliss" Aftermath (Incl. Avatars): Inc. Acc./Atk., Occ. attacks twice Lv. 75 SMN Claustrum DMG: 72 Delay: 390 Accuracy 20 "Gate of Tartarus" Additional effect: Dispel Lv. 75 BLM / SMN Hidden Effect Attacks will occasionally do 2.5 times normal damage. 8 MP Refresh after weapon skill, length of the refresh depends on TP -In comparison to Claustrum you lose 10 dmg hidden effect Add effect dispel & aftermath 8 MP Refresh , but you gain much better with Nirvana -4 prep cost , you will have free Fenrir/Garuda/Diabolos under any circumstances which already possible now by using Avatar's Favor right circumstances , so it's the king of all staves for idling for SMN , & the refresh effect of Claustrum pales more , it's next to useless. -It enhances magical BP dramatically with that huge bonus in 1 slot . - If you are serious about meleeing , you would need more accuracy , Nirvana offers 30 Accuracy , which is 10 more than lolaustrum , the aftermath effects of level 1 , 2 & 3 are just awesome & it actually enhances your avatar too . - Garland of bliss add effect is useful , since it is equivalent to Dia & stacks with it . - The hassle & pain to complete the quests for Nirvana prolly justifies the cost which is @best would be like 105M~120M if you buy every single Alex for 3.5k~4k . While Nirvana has its uses , SMN can live without it & it doesn't complete replaces B.Staff or Fay Corizier with Pet: Attack unless you have TP & under aftermath effect . Answering your question : NO , HQ staves RULES for BLM , not the best for SMN but yet doesn't justify to go for that crap .. SMN shouldn't melee , period.

I was schooled on this a little last night so here it go :

While CLuastrum does offer 10 more DMG and 10 less Delay , For SMN anyway , You also have to consider the DA proc along with the Bonuses it gives to the Job that can use them . I do believe the BLM Mythig gives a MaCC bonus as aftermath . So just on DA proc alone , presuming its around 50% , half the time your delay will actually be 201 vs 390 , not to mention the Job Specific Bonuses . -1 Perp is 20 less MP used a Minute with out having to WS . The MP gained from the Refresh of Claustrum will be used before you even WS unless you have Carby out , but then what's the point . If youre really thinking about investing the time and gil into a Mage Onry Weapon , Mythic Over Claustrum for either job , for DMG and the ability to just use it on the back line . Claustrum has absolutely no Backline bonus at all . At least with the Mythics you can build TP , WS for Aftermath then sit back on the backline . this goes more for SMN than BLM but still .
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-16 09:52:19  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I miss your old avatar but that one works too.

There is a distinct lack of Christmas themed Mithra fan art...

I could get my christmas hat out and make a screenshot myself, but I'm at work (I will see what I can do tonight).

But don't worry, I will change back to my normal avatar in the a few weeks (but the search continues for something more mithra based)
 Unicorn.Rufio
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nesaki
By Unicorn.Rufio 2009-12-16 09:55:00  
Why would you want a claustrum to begin with?
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-16 11:40:18  
Shiva.Easygermany said:
Nice Threat now.
Midgardsormr.Dominionix said:
"Some of Mythic are much better and cost nothing ....." Cost nothing!?!? You do 30,000 x 3000 and tell me if you get "nothing" as a result. Because if you do, you're doing something very, very wrong.

If u have enough fun to to salvage then its free. U never will buy full 30.000

If u have enough fun to to dynamis then its free. U never will buy full 17.900

Also. I lol'd just by looking at the title.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-16 11:52:44  
It's not worth even having an opinion.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-16 12:00:49  
Kujata.Argettio said:

There isn't, just a lack of clean Mithra christmas art :D
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2009-12-16 12:09:48  
Shiva.Easygermany said:

there is no mythic better than a relic

*edit*
i guess club
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-12-16 12:28:33  
the whm mythic can turn whm in to an insane tank, whm/nin duh, as paralyanaga(sp) generates insane amounts of enmity, providing it lands on 4+ people, which can be spammed every 5-10 seconds (forget recast tbh) for a tiny amount of mp, think it's 7 mp.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-16 12:51:43  
This relic weapon is only for the completionist types. I still prefer Kirin's Pole over this for my BLM when I camp crap NMs or just farming.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-16 12:53:12  
People forget one thing.

Claustrum requires TP to get the Refresh. Meaning you actually have to HIT the mob. Meaning you have to gear more into DDing.

That also means you lose out on gear that makes a SMN great. Like SMN skill, Perp-, and MP.

In order for a SMN to get a constant 8 MP per tic Refresh (which you have to lose the -8 perp cost in order to do that) you have to continue to DD alot.

Claustrum isn't worth it. Nirvana is much better for a SMN. You get perp-4. Pet:MAB+20. That is without having to DD at all. When you DO DD, you get Acc+30, which means you don't have to gear up for DDing, and you also get the nice Aftermaths for using Spirit Taker.

And if you have to depend on a Claustrum for Dispel, you aren't doing it right (aka /RDM or /SCH)
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-16 13:15:02  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Kujata.Argettio said:

There isn't, just a lack of clean Mithra christmas art :D

I can guarantee you if I didn't crop my current avatar that tightly I would be banned :P
 Shiva.Drteeth
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-12-16 13:42:44  
Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes said:
Shiva.Easygermany said:

*edit*
i guess club

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18997
Wat?
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-16 14:06:48  
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Easygermany said:

*edit*
i guess club

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18997
Wat?

Isn't as good as Aegis or Excalibur in most endgame tanking. Burtgang is basically Hauteclaire +1.

Post atonement, PLD has changed and Hauteclaire and Burtgang are artifacts of by-gone era (same as Earth Staff and VIT stacking PLDs).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 14:26:20  
Kujata.Argettio said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Easygermany said:
Do u think SE need fix some Relic gear except of job? Most of relic weapons cost 150-250 Mil Gil ..... Or is Relic only old Fashion? Some of Mythic are much better and cost nothing .....
there is no mythic better than a relic *edit* i guess club
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18997 Wat?
Isn't as good as Aegis or Excalibur in most endgame tanking. Burtgang is basically Hauteclaire 1.

Post atonement, PLD has changed and Hauteclaire and Burtgang are artifacts of by-gone era (same as Earth Staff and VIT stacking PLDs).
Burtgang does far more than just reduce dmg. Not mention you can't always melee and if you can by that token a joy toy would do better than excalibur for atonement spam. And earth staff is gone cause blocking is much better. Reducings dmg more and prevents interuption
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-12-16 14:30:57  
If you want to melee on SMN, get a Carbuncle's Pole.

If you want to melee AND have an avatar that's not Carby (and you're really dedicated to SMN..) get Nirvana.

But seriously, just give me your alex.
First Page 2 3