Talar For Blu FAIL Atm :( ?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Talar for Blu FAIL atm :( ?
Talar for Blu FAIL atm :( ?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 04:54:59  
Casting rules? Maybe I will get spellcast... and for blm and rdm too. Just gotta get someone to teach me how to use it. Guess taht means I gotta stop using windower 3.24 for most things lol.

Yeah Asuran claws... so many hits so much fail.

As for cleave I just use my mixxed acc/str/dex set and get a bit lower numbers with it then say frentic rip or disservement. Enough where usually better to skillchain in those. Though gotta love when someone starts with something which you turn into distortion with either ws and then do VC for a 3 step darkness. Oh ***the dmg is crazy fun.

Yeah I love it for SA though. God it's dmg is pretty out there partly cause yeah blu can stack so much str. Like I think I can get 61 in gear while still wearing af/relic for skill and probably a good 40 more from spells and food.

The mob hates you though. Like tried duoing Like the wind with a rdm/drk and me on blu/thf. Yeah I waited for him to chain stun till he ran out of chainspell while I just tpd pretty much. THen I went expic SACAVC. Oh shi... damn thing nearly killed me right there and then
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 05:11:20  
lol, yeah 50+ str in gear for blu isn't too hard along with a nice amount you get from set spells. I haven't personally gotten the chance to /thf enough to get those "wtf!?" damage shots, but it was fun experimenting with when I first got blu to 75.

as for spellcast, it'll allow you to set rules for single/multiple spells/abilities with up to 3 different gear sets during the different phases of casting; pre-cast, mid-cast and after-cast (and you don't need to use a set for each phase either). all you really need to do is specify what sets and plug in your pre-determined gear set. the more in-depth rules can get confusing because the explanation on the windower site isn't always that clear, but it's easier to set up than flash programing (which is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE easy with some basic knowledge) once you start getting the hang of it. this is something SE really should have added into the game on their own, with a decent explanation of what the rules/variables do and which are compatible my 8 yo niece could program it, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 05:14:21  
Yeah I got a SS of me in nyzle with like 160 str in my normal ws gear no gigas braclets no str earrings still 1 acc earring, No brd lol still had like 120 dex I think too. I'd have to find it rq but was funny. Hell was before cuch/koggles even

I um don't really know how to program anything really so yeah...

Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 05:19:11  
it's simple enough, and there's a lot of pre-made files for it, it's best to cut-paste from them though since most are broken in different places, lol.

if you haven't done the last shantotto mini-expansion mission, you'll ***bricks when you see how high all your stats/hp/mp are when you enter, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 05:26:05  
Remora.Abriel said:
it's simple enough, and there's a lot of pre-made files for it, it's best to cut-paste from them though since most are broken in different places, lol.

if you haven't done the last shantotto mini-expansion mission, you'll ***bricks when you see how high all your stats/hp/mp are when you enter, lol.

Guess I will look into it. It's somewhere on the windower website? Instructions of any sorta? *** I might just Pm you after playing with it
Yeah I've heard about that. This was ironically on HNM floor for nyzle since we got +str there. Notice I don't really have tons of str/dex gear either lol

Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 05:38:00  
haha, that's great.

yeah, it's all on the site, there's several pages of stuff about advanced rules/variables, but it basically does the same as what you can do with simple rules/variables (the point to advanced rules is to mainly get rid of multiple simple rules/variables that are more or less the same and automate actions a bit more, at least that's what I gather from them, so they're not really necessary unless you want to completely streamline every instance of engagement). I don't have a problem sending any .xml files, all you'd really have to do is use notepad+ or eclipse to plug-in your gear. after all's setup you just have one line to write in your macros for actions, the action it's self.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 05:42:58  
Yeah it is amazing. Out of the 4 times I've seen +stat in nzyle 3 were str and all were on HNM floors lol. Well I'll look into tomorrow... er later today after I get some sleep and see. If it makes taht much a diff on blu might have to get some different gears and get more specialized on each spell. At that point I might do that for blm and rdm too lol. Hell and thf why not. I just looked right now without food solo I'm sitting at +62 str lol and +32 dex. But more int!!! Like 72 base now. I really need to finish my assimilation merits.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 05:51:20  
danm, that's some luck, I've hit hnm floors an gotten no white magic and no ninjutsu (that's before learning about fanatic's too ><).

it really is a sweet program, one well built .xml file is easily augmentable for nearly all jobs, just need to rename the file, redefine gear used and spells/abilities/WSs, which is easy (spelling really matters and it gets all nazi on you if you don't use the correct abbreviations. if you try to take shortcuts that is, but it notices the full naming of w/e too, lol).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 05:55:08  
Oh I've gotten no white magic too. Only on HNM floors though for some reason.

Yeah had it on cerb once too. Like the other 4 melees died somehow the rdm got hate!?! That was really weird since I was out of mp and went into it with like 800-900. He went down a bit later and I was almost out of mp. But go go beast slayer lol. Get cerb down to 1% go to headbutt... cancel out of it to get a crit melee hit ftw!!! Was awesome. Nothing dropped though... other than the other 5 people.

Hmm yeah just too lazy and people keep telling me it's super hard and I don't even use windower maccros yet
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 06:13:55  
haha, sweet. haet cerb, danm stingy *** dog, "magma hoplon! lolz, no dmg 4 u! ::dies:: bwahaha, have fun with your dancing dagger""where's my cuffs? ;;9".

just looking at it, it can seem confusing, but when you understand what the basics do it's pretty simple. kinda like when you first start driving and wonder wtf all the buttons and knobs do, then end up finding out you don't even use 90% of them in most situations.

and how the hell do we always end up derailing threads!? lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 06:23:06  
Yeah we almost always got cerb. Which is why me as a taru started coming blu instead of rdm and one of our evlaan sams started coming sch then rdm.

An extra blu was just so much better than an extra sam against cerb partly cause of hoplon and sams just going lame lame lame no tp. Then para killing there ws or 2hr or meditate or all of them lol. But he never dropped just the other HNMs did.

Khim also another reason too which we usually got if we didn't get cerb. Be stealing tp all the time... but is weak as *** to blu spells. I so got it to under 50% leeroy jenkins style once with 2hr and starting with self skillchain using just VC FR and diss. Then after pt got there got it to 30% before they even like wsd and ***... then got petrified lol.

And then there is Hydra. Damn thing just laughs at me. Everytime I've fought it if it had any shield up my physical spells did nothing as if they counted as magic and physical dmg. Not like they did alot to him comparatively before that lol.

Also it's what I do. The OP was more or less answered.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 06:42:21  
well danm, I never got the chance to use blu on the higher boss floors (flor climbing it's awesome either way), drk and war just became better options for the boss floors at that point.

blu's a bit too underestimated though, before the toau boss floors (can't compare myself) it was pretty easy to pump out several thousand points of damage extremely quick between marches and spy's drink (may be not so much on ada. but yeah...), the sad part was that even with AL up the damage didn't change much (if at all) from what was expected normally, orz.

up untill more information was released, our normal setup was your standard old-school build and we'd nearly make time, eventually streamed-lined it with a merit build and beating with 10+ min to spare was easy (the discovery of drinks for boss floors was more of an epiphany, lol). think in what would be considered 7 full climbs we had only gotten 3 free floors and a lot of BS, still fun any way you look at it when you go in with a ls static, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 06:47:39  
Yeah climbing it is rediculous. Got 3blu 1 rdm and 1 whm who switched to brd on the 2nd run once. Even though the rdm refused to cure during fights and didn't refresh anyone but himself we still tore ***up so bad the sam rarely got a melee attack off.

Spy's drink really help phsyical spells? Normally on blu I just hit bravers and hp boost.

Yeah was only semi static. Like at it's fullest we were 2 blus 1 sam 1 rdm 1 cor. That cor DD'd like a madman 1k detonators on the HNMs kinda of DDing. But she didn't do it much with us so mostly it was 4 experience players that worked well together trying to make up for 2 bad ones.

If we got decent shout people then hurray really fast going if not ewww. Bad part is generally it was the shout people that won the lots. And they definitely won the only two good ??? items we got. PCA and spider torque.

Still did manage 9 floors once. Could've done 10 but didn't wanna risk with only 5min left.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 07:07:01  
nah, spy's only helps recast, +30% haste, it's overwritten by haste spells but not songs though. I've been using nin for a new static recently (reason I have the mirke in the first place) and the attack speed is insane with added marches, the other DDs barely keep up, lol (they aren't maxed on gear, but they do have good builds).

I know nin isn't really needed (in most situations any way), but danm it's fun some times (it's easy on the tool use compared to tanking with other jobs too, lol), never use the new abilities unless it's for spiking hate with yonin (never leave it up aside from solo) 'cause voke and warcry are down for taking initial hate. I really hate the new abilities though, they're so useless most of the time mostly due to the long recast, if they were like sam's hasso/seigan they'd be much more useful imo.

pretty impressive getting through nine floors though, musta' hit a lucky streak, lol. we never really did more than five, too cautious, I know, haha.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 07:17:25  
OH I was thinking the macc one. Bah Forgot about haste drink we generally didn't use them oh well lol.

Well they are kinda meant to be full timed.

And yonin is pretty rediculous for nin/drk tanking as if they needed anything more. I mean that's alot of emnity nobody hates using less tools and since your tanking the evasion is handy especially since nin can actually evade alot of stuff out there if geared for it and at the least less chance of crit if you get caught with shadows down.

Innin seems great for a DD nin if you can keep hate off you and stay behind mob. I mean 30% crit hit rate... whatever the acc is. Also the +30% ninjitsu dmg can be kinda cool. Supposedly it works with mijin too lol

Yeah we got 2 frees that time 1 all 1 family 1 lamps 1 leader and like 3 spec 1. But really if we got at least 5 min after boss we usually went on. Hell we even went up on floor 100 on accident once since we were so used to it
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 07:49:58  
ah, yeah, I forgot to mention I don't use nin for tanking anything big so I haven't gotten the chance to /drk, it's mostly an inv. space issue, orz. the main reason I don't like to use either is because my blms are a bit nuke happy and if another DD doesn't have the hate built up I can rely on my build to quickly get enough damage out and have decent enough hate and keep them alive most of the time (there's just no saving a taru that's used AM2 upon engagement though, lol).

nin's acc sucks enough as is (I'm looking at ~375 w/o food on tp) and I like to actually deal some serious damage to make up for not bringing a heavier DD job. I've played with innin and while it is decent for DDing, I laugh more often than not when I voke at the beginning of a fight and don't get any hate, lol. there are situations for them, but just not in my event-time play style.

like I said though, I normally use it just for fun. it is a much stronger job than a lot of people consider it to be in a purely DD situation though (in the instance where a high enough hit-rate is attainable with the use of pizza, or the rare occasion atk food, lol). the problem is that most pure DD jobs in maxed out kits can average a varying degree of higher total damage normally (much higher in the case of relic or select weapons).