PL Is "Evil" As Astral Flow Burn?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » PL is "Evil" as Astral Flow Burn?
PL is "Evil" as Astral Flow Burn?
 Phoenix.Slytribal
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-12-17 12:52:01  
Shiva.Derek said:
Question, is Astral Burn Party still evil if you are level 75 and already know your job in and out and have skills all maxed, and you sync down and do it for merit points?

I've never done an AB pt, haven't played much in the last 2 years, just curious as I see lots of posts these days about them.

My only real thing against Astral Burns is those who don't know how to play certain jobs, decide to AB 12-75 and then attempt to go straight into events or merit parties. If you know the job, or meriting, then really I have no problem. I just hate them for allowing people to lazily level and expect to know everything straight off just because they read about it on wiki.. Which I've seen as an excuse in a merit party before.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-17 12:54:30  
Kick them out of your party and LS.

Chances are, they sucked before Astral Burning and you were too blind to see it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-17 12:56:26  
Phoenix.Slytribal said:
My only real thing against Astral Burns is those who don't know how to play certain jobs, decide to AB 12-75 and then attempt to go straight into events or merit parties. If you know the job, or meriting, then really I have no problem. I just hate them for allowing people to lazily level and expect to know everything straight off just because they read about it on wiki.. Which I've seen as an excuse in a merit party before.
So you have a problem with shitty players, not the system itself. I could insert East Ronfaure (S) parties, or Colibri parties in general, or low to mid level manaburns for mages, and the above would still hold... hell, what's to say these people wouldn't be shitty if they EXP'd "properly"? They'd be marginally less shitty in that their combat skills would be at/near cap if they always sync'd near their level, but that's it. EXP is a long grind that doesn't really do much for actual skill acquisition, especially since your behavior or gear selection at 75 may be vastly different from that during EXP. EXP'ing BLM taught me nothing about layering sleeps or holding multiple mobs, which are fundamental skills for some events I do on BLM. I learned about a single aspect of BLU through EXP, anything else was experimentation outside of parties or necessity by missions/quests/events. Most jobs could come up with similar examples.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-12-17 13:02:28  
I think its rather amusing from my end that people continually use the word "meriting" as the cause for concern. I personally would be much more agitated over a gimped skill coming to endgame rather than something as regular as a meripo. Not grinding the gears for people who solidly beliece meriting is endgame, but meriting is now easily soloable, and if you have a gimp person in your party, by all means drop him and find someone else. You're not going to lose a rediculous amount of time and effort by doing so.

I do AB and find it rather amusing, somewhat exciting when I see my level increase drastically in the matter of a few moments, and rewarding in that a job that I would normally have been lfp for some hours no longer needing exp because of some friends and an AB party. Skills are the responsibility of the player, and if you AB, go level your skills afterwards. Those who don't AB, you're Q.Q is not amusing, nor is it going to accomplish anything.

PL's are not the same "evil" because of what has been mentioned before. AB parties are not a common "everyone is invited" event, and most new players don't know they exist, or if they do, I rather doubt they have the contacts to enter one themselves other than as a sync ***, at which point they're only good for a one shot AB. PLing does not make newb players unless you're talking about the healers because every other job still DDs, still nukes, still WS, and I would throw in SC if it weren't for the fact that Aht Urghan killed skill chains years ago in party enviroment.

For anyone who missed the point, if you feel you have newb, kick em, from party or linkshell. Trolling on forums isn't going to remove the newbs, stop PLing or ABs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-17 13:05:18  
Seraph.Kyaaadaa said:
PLing does not make newb players unless you're talking about the healers because every other job still DDs, still nukes, still WS, and I would throw in SC if it weren't for the fact that Aht Urghan killed skill chains years ago in party enviroment.
Doesn't teach hate control! Oh wait, DDs don't worry about hate control anymore... nevermind.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-17 13:40:50  
Siren.Kuz said:
I have a question for all the Astral Burn Fanatics out there...

There's a lot of RMT Sites that promote services to "Level a craft to 100" for you... or "Power Level your Job" to 75 for you.

ALL RMT Theft and hacking aside that may result from it...

My question is: WOULD YOU take them up on that offer if it were a free service?

Answer honestly.

Yes, absolutely. I'll take Goldsmithing 100 any day.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-12-21 13:04:16  
I don't think I would because half the fun I get out of the game is from crafting and exping. Endgame is fun, but finding new ways to put an exp party together with some random jobs that work is quite interesting. I had a BLM BLM WHM DRK DRK DRK party in Qufim one time, where we we're basically x5 MBing Aero on crabs and pugs with DRK weaponskills. Miss fun opportunities like that so an RMT could maybe hack my account or possibly find him banned later? No thanks.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2009-12-21 13:35:10  
It all has to do with knowledge. A guy with 13 jobs at 75 is not going to be 'dumbed down' if he use a pl while lvling a 14th. However a new player raised on nothign but PL is going to cause a lot of problems for a PT when one is finaly not around. So theirs a ligit argument. Just depened on who is being PL'ed
 Fairy.Usua
サーバ: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-12-21 19:27:53  
Odin.Godofgods said:
It all has to do with knowledge. A guy with 13 jobs at 75 is not going to be 'dumbed down' if he use a pl while lvling a 14th. However a new player raised on nothign but PL is going to cause a lot of problems for a PT when one is finaly not around. So theirs a ligit argument. Just depened on who is being PL'ed
I would agree in the case of a pld or healer, but other jobs would be performed the same way with or with out a PL.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-12-21 19:48:57  
What the *** am I even reading.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-12-21 19:51:46  
K so no, PowerLevels might make newb players if new people even picked up this game any more, but in reality all PLing does is allow you to minimize downtime while soloing or remove the need for your 6th PT member to be a healer so you can instead replace them with an extra DD, increasing the amount of EXP/hour in a rather tedious grindtastic game.
[+]