users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Nyzul Isle Investigation
Nyzul Isle Investigation
 Valefor.Ellise
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 11:56:41  
Hello Everyone,

To my understanding, as long as a player possess a Runic Disc the game will automatically save floor progression every 5 levels so long as they are acquired in a continuous, linear progression path? ie 0-100.

You don't have to talk to a certain NPC to save your progress as you go do you?

Thanks in advance!
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-18 11:57:21  
Right. You just get the disc at the entry room and start on level 1, then exit every 5 levels to save it. You can then talk to the Galka in the Assault Agency to see what floors you've currently recorded up to.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-18 11:59:03  
Dont think you have to exit every 5 levels.

You could exit every 7 levels if you're that good, but it will only save 5.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 11:59:13  
Thanks Tbest,

So talking to an NPC to 'save your progress' is nonexistent and this process should be rather seamless...

Is there an NPC that you can talk to in game to verify forward progression and the ability to revisit previous floors using the so called Nyzul Tokens?

Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-18 11:59:46  
Yeah, you could even do 10 levels in one run if you're either really lucky or really good and it will save up to that 10th floor. The more levels you do at one time, the more tokens you'll get upon completion.

Yeah, like I said before, Ellise. You can talk to the Galka to see what floor you've saved up to and your total amount of tokens.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 12:00:15  
Kujata.Daus said:
Dont think you have to exit every 5 levels.

You could exit every 7 levels if you're that good, but it will only save 5.

*nod* Got it, thanks Daus.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 12:01:21  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Yeah, you could even do 10 levels if you're either really lucky or really good. The more levels you do at one time, the more tokens you'll get upon completion.

Yeah, like I said before, Ellise. You can talk to the Galka to see what floor you've saved up to and your total amount of tokens.

Awesome, thanks again! I was able to earn the rank of Captain last night and I am trying to read up on my next project^^
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-12-18 12:07:30  
Actually you can exit on any floor therefore saving that floor you completed but you will have to start from the starter floor of that run. Hope everything goes well for you in your climb, im still looking for a static to finish with currently on 41-45.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-18 12:09:26  
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Yeah, you could even do 10 levels if you're either really lucky or really good. The more levels you do at one time, the more tokens you'll get upon completion.

Awesome, thanks again! I was able to earn the rank of Captain last night and I am trying to read up on my next project^^
Ooh, wow! Congrats on getting Captain! I still need to do the rank-up quest to FL and then do the like 10 or so remaining for Captain. Soooo much to do. @.@
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 12:10:06  
I started Nyzul Isle Investigation long ago and got to around floor 40.

Although no one really told me (and I was not aware - my fault^^) about needing the Runic Disc in my character's possession so I never got any credit for any of that progress.

Back to floor 0, which is ok since other LS members need the climb. But lessons learned, I just wanted to make sure that I'm doing this right this time around.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-18 12:11:44  
*Nods.* And, we're happy to help. I'd help ya climb too if I were on Valefor. >.> Did some runs from 0 last week for LS members.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 12:12:34  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Ooh, wow! Congrats on getting Captain! I still need to do the rank-up quest to FL and then do the like 10 or so remaining for Captain. Soooo much to do. @.@

Thanks so much! It wasn't easy but if you get all of your PT members involved and familiar with their roles and responsibilities within each mission, the chances for success are far more greater. And don't lose hope, if other people can succeed anything is possible^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-18 12:15:32  
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

Thanks so much! It wasn't easy but if you get all of your PT members involved and familiar with their roles and responsibilities within each mission, the chances for success are far more greater. And don't lose hope, if other people can succeed anything is possible^^
*Nods.* My main challenge is just finding the time to do it all with rl things and other in-game events.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 12:18:57  
Fairy.Tbest said:
*Nods.* My main challenge is just finding the time to do it all with rl things and other in-game events.

I hear you there^^ Our shell does what we can during the week since most members work full time. It's all about efficiency and enjoying the time that you have available.

It was for this reason I am thankful to Scragg and FFXIAH for creating the Assault Tab within the LinkShell area to help track member submitted progression. It helps immensely and productivity is that much better.
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-12-18 12:21:08  
Yeah but this isnt no cake walk most ppl are willing to do an armor floor but in-between floor its like pulling teeth.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-18 12:22:59  
Remora.Blackwhirlwind said:
Yeah but this isnt no cake walk most ppl are willing to do an armor floor but in-between floor its like pulling teeth.

My Shell is dedicated to the completion of such tasks. It will be done just like the rank of 'Captain', just a matter of time.
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-12-18 12:24:48  
ok good luck to ya