Possible To Raise 2 Chocobos, Then Breed Them?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Possible to raise 2 chocobos, then breed them?
Possible to raise 2 chocobos, then breed them?
 Lakshmi.Kyne
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kyne
By Lakshmi.Kyne 2009-12-22 17:07:06  
Is it possible to raise 2 chocobos, get their cards, and then breed them without having to buy another person's chococard?

I'm new to raising chocbos, and I'm only on my first one. I'm trying to teach it canter and gallop so it can pass those along to its offspring. Any tips would be helpful ^^

Kyne
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-12-22 17:14:11  
You can't raise 2 chocobos simultaneously unless you do it with a 2nd character. But! if you do manage to raise an M and an F one, save their cards then you can breed them even if one of the chocobos are retired~
 Lakshmi.Kyne
By Lakshmi.Kyne 2009-12-22 17:15:26  
Asura.Israfel said:
You can't raise 2 chocobos simultaneously unless you do it with a 2nd character. But! if you do manage to raise an M and an F one, save their cards then you can breed them even if one of the chocobos are retired~

Thanks! This is what I wanted to know. I knew you couldn't raise 2 at once, but if you raised 2 total (M and F).
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-12-22 17:23:51  
np ^^ glad to help^^
 Caitsith.Frysia
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Frysia
By Caitsith.Frysia 2009-12-22 17:38:27  
You can actually only have offspring learn 1 ability from the parents, the other you will have to learn while raising the chocobo.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-22 18:03:37  
Yes you can, and I think breeding is actually a requirement to get a chocobo even close to good enough to win all the races.
 Seraph.Raziya
サーバ: Seraph
user: Raziya
By Seraph.Raziya 2009-12-22 18:52:01  
You can win the mission races without breeding. My 'bo is an ISNM egg and it went 1/3 on last race.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2009-12-22 19:05:47  
if you raise a chocobo properly and take enough time with free runs, you can make a top raceing choco from ANY egg.
 Lakshmi.Kyne
By Lakshmi.Kyne 2009-12-22 19:51:47  
Caitsith.Frysia said:
You can actually only have offspring learn 1 ability from the parents, the other you will have to learn while raising the chocobo.

Hmm. Interesting.

I was so excited when my first chocobo turned out to be black! I was planning on teaching it canter and/or gallop, then breeding it so the chick has one ability or the other, and then raising that chick for racing. I was raising my current chocobo for racing, then realized that it would be impossible to teach it abilities.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2009-12-22 20:10:18  
u can teach any cohoco abilities as long as s/he is not retired. Just accuire the proper story and enough dec. so the choco can learn it. however while can cna learn all stories, only the first two will act as their traits
 Caitsith.Frysia
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Frysia
By Caitsith.Frysia 2009-12-22 20:20:33  
As far as raising a racing chocobo you'll have to use free races to get chocobucks to buy Stat Programs (5 Programs = 1 level, I think, it's been a while). This is the only way to max out your stats since after day 64 you are no longer able to raise stats with normal programs like taking your chocobo for a walk.

To make it easier to get both Gallop and Canter try to get the ability that is harder to get where you raise your chocobo from breeding and then get the easier one from reading stories.

The best racing attributes imo are. Str: First Class (SS) End: Better Than Average (B) Dis: Better Than Average (B) Rec: Better Than Average (B)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2009-12-23 11:09:49  
why would u want to settle with end of B
 Alexander.Neph
サーバ: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2009-12-23 12:27:09  
My first chocobo was a female, and since then every chocobo I've raised has been a female. :\