Spike Earring
Minuet Earring
SH +1
Combat Mittens +1
Sniper's Ring X2
Amemet Mantle +1
Potent Belt
Republic Subligar
Custom M Boots (Upgrading to Marine M Boot's when i see some on the AH >.>;)

I was wearing this the other day, and on more than one occasion i have been told by other Blue's that i fail at blue, because i don't TP in the AF..

When casting i swap out the SH+1 for AF body, the ring's for STR rings, gloves for either Custom M Gloves if Im casting F Rip, or Pallas if a STR modded spell, and the mask for AF head..

I just want your guy's opinions, am I a fail blue because i TP in ACC gear.. and WS / Cast in STR/DEX, Because it's starting to annoy me that Im being told I fail, by level 75's etc..

Also, my F Rip gear has +26 STR and +26 DEX, i know it's blunt, but on bird's it was doing about 300ish, is this average?

Edit: Also while resting i use a Dark Staff, Vermy and hMP gear to recover faster.

Thanks.
H.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-25 14:04:55  
For your level that's a mighty fine TP set lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 14:09:41  
I forget what I did at that lvl. But personally I wouldn't use the gigas line of braclets for anything other than single hit spells that are str but no dex mods. As far as tping in af body nothing really wrong with that at your lvl. Helps with getting more out of your spells that cast in .5 and you don't have time to swap. And really your acc should be pretty much capped in af body while tping anyways. Um but needs a haste belt lol. And no swd switching and I wouldn't use greed even if it does have dex on it cause of the -1 to other stats
 Hades.Hiryo
サーバ: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-25 14:12:36  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I forget what I did at that lvl. But personally I wouldn't use the gigas line of braclets for anything other than single hit spells that are str but no dex mods. As far as tping in af body nothing really wrong with that at your lvl. Helps with getting more out of your spells that cast in .5 and you don't have time to swap. And really your acc should be pretty much capped in af body while tping anyways.

That's what i do, I use Pallas for SACA Death Scissors etc.. And Custom for Frip, or anything else. And i have separate macro's for my gear and spells, so i hit my gear swap macro, then the spell macro, so time isn't an issue tbh.
And i was always under the impression that you could never have enough acc, especially as Im eating Meat.

Edit: I don't macro in the sword switch because i would lose my TP, i guess i typed that wrong. Also to me, i value +7Dex higher than -1 to all the other stats, as i can get them back easily.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 14:28:15  
Technically you can't get back those stats lol. Unless you are swapping that swd.

I forget what you can get at that range but I'd never think to use it endgame. I'm pretty sure you can get some acc swds or something.

As far as meat... I really dislike doing that on blu. Sole sushi all the way. Well for soloing somethimes tacos. The str will help all the physical spells. And pretty much all the good ones have dex or str mods. And it keeps your acc high which if you go all out on stats is kinda impossible to do even with swd merits accuracy bonus etc. And well the meat isn't going to help your spells past the str and they should be by far most of your dmg even if you are just headbutt locking lol
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-25 14:37:30  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Technically you can't get back those stats lol. Unless you are swapping that swd.

I forget what you can get at that range but I'd never think to use it endgame. I'm pretty sure you can get some acc swds or something.

As far as meat... I really dislike doing that on blu. Sole sushi all the way. Well for soloing somethimes tacos. The str will help all the physical spells. And pretty much all the good ones have dex or str mods. And it keeps your acc high which if you go all out on stats is kinda impossible to do even with swd merits accuracy bonus etc. And well the meat isn't going to help your spells past the str and they should be by far most of your dmg even if you are just headbutt locking lol

Well with my tp set and Spell acc trait i have about +55 ACC, i do have 4/8 Sword Merit's as well.

But looking at the stats on Sole i may swap to that instead, i read somewhere that Sword damage is something like 50% of our DoT?
So surely, more ACC means more hit's landed, and more damage done? I said this to the people who said i failed, and they laughed at me, and trashed me more lol..
 Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-25 14:44:28  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
As far as tping in af body nothing really wrong with that at your lvl. Helps with getting more out of your spells that cast in .5 and you don't have time to swap.

idk what das is talking about here, unless he/she means like headbutt to stun pecking furry or something.(in xp) but my macro doesn't make my headbutt take much longer when soloing and it still stuns what it was used to do :P but yeah your xp setup is fine and those blues are fail. no use xping in af body...when you got a scorp..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 14:44:56  
About the only time my swd dmg is 50% of my total is either when I'm getting silenced alot or the only dmg spell I am casting is whatever I am ending a skillchain with ever 2min. And that is with me equipping as much str and dex spells as possible so my melee hits actually hit pretty decently. But really the ending spell on the skillchain should be doing alot more then the ws and then the skillchain dmg itself. I guess kinda depends on how much refresh you got but even when I go around in assault with just my solo 4 refresh I can still throw out more then enough spells to murder my swd dmg.

While you can probably get close to capped acc without sushi in your tp set pretty unlikely in a good spell set. And as you start getting more and more multihit spells you'll start seeing dmg go all over the place if you don't maintain acc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 14:48:54  
Remora.Thiefninja said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
As far as tping in af body nothing really wrong with that at your lvl. Helps with getting more out of your spells that cast in .5 and you don't have time to swap.
idk what das is talking about here, unless he/she means like headbutt to stun pecking furry or something.(in xp) but my macro doesn't make my headbutt take much longer when soloing and it still stuns what it was used to do :P but yeah your xp setup is fine and those blues are fail. no use xping in af body...when you got a scorp..

What I mean is on spells that cast in .5 sec ig gear swap maccros won't switch in time to be in effect unless you put a wait in or something. And sometimes that does matter like say for headbutt. Also you shouldn't need SH to cap acc in tp set with acc food so 3dex/str is not too bad. I'd mostly just pull it out for vorpal blade.
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-25 14:50:42  
yeah at 75 blue spells do way more than swords unless your conserving mp becuase a tough solo.i normally only have 3mp/tic (sigil/sanction,relic body,job trait) and even then when soloing a nm i save most my mp for headbutt spam, cocoon, and flash(astic burst?) forgot how to spell it, and the occasional magic fruit, only time i use mp for other ***is if i wanna poison the mob or expacion>>vert cleave for darkness >>mp drainkiss, but yeah thats just me lol oh and slow but yeah i normally let swords do thier dmg
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-25 14:51:56  
/equip head mirage(whatever
/equip Ear1 loq, earring
/equip body magus+1
/equip legs homam
/ma "Headbutt" <t>

and it always works >.> i know because fast cast always takes effect and if that goes through so should my +20 skill. idk maybe its just me lol
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-25 14:54:41  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Thiefninja said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

What I mean is on spells that cast in .5 sec ig gear swap maccros won't switch in time to be in effect unless you put a wait in or something. And sometimes that does matter like say for headbutt. Also you shouldn't need SH to cap acc in tp set with acc food so 3dex/str is not too bad. I'd mostly just pull it out for vorpal blade.

My gear macros are separate, So i can hit the gear change macro, then split second later i can hit the headbutt or w.e macro, and still be able to stun. :X
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 14:57:22  
Well even when you are headbutt spamming which is a very safe way to solo pretty much all your spells up to 75 not to mention solo random Vt/Ts the dmg from just headbutt should equal your swd dmg. Also need some haste spell toos if solo. I mean headbutt's dmg aint too shabby endgame. Especailly with it's recast mp cost and the fact that really your doing it for the stun.

I pretty much only use actinic burst for when shadows down and Ni /recast is too far off. Can pretty much safely cast Ichi on a flashed mob easy. Well it is fun for crowd control. Like after alot of mobs wake up and go to pwn the blms.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 15:00:27  
Remora.Thiefninja said:
/equip Ear1 loq, earring
/equip body magus 1
/equip legs homam
/ma "Headbutt" <t>
and it always works >.> i know because fast cast always takes effect and if that goes through so should my 20 skill. idk maybe its just me lol
What why isn't homam legs already on!?! Anyways how do you know it takes affect? I've done some test with other spells like stun and it would never affect the recast unless I put a wait in there. Also I remember reading that somewhere which is one of the benefits of windower since gear swaps using windower maccros take less time like .1 sec or something.

I suppose the amount of gear swaps and lag affects it. In high lag areas my SA/TA maccro won't blink me like it is supposed to and back when I only had a few gear swaps on it it wooldn't either. Though that is probably showing only the first few are in effect when the ja actually happens
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-25 15:03:29  
Remora.Thiefninja said:
/equip Ear1 loq, earring
/equip body magus 1
/equip legs homam
/ma "Headbutt" <t>

and it always works >.> i know because fast cast always takes effect and if that goes through so should my 20 skill. idk maybe its just me lol

I seemed to remember reading something along the lines of gear changes being instant. aswell as ws's. so you could change into ws gear, ws at the same time, then change back to your tp gear while doing the ws and it not affecting your damage? i dont have any kinda sources onhand, i just vaguely remember it from somewhere.
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-25 15:04:32  
What gear would you advice i cast R.Rip in to maximize damage then guy's? Atm im 50/50 STR / DEX is that what you do?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's annoying being told that i fail at a job lol..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 15:07:21  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Blue_Magic_Damage

Says FR is 20% str and dex but fstr should put str higher
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-25 15:11:43  
Yeah i use;

http://74.53.42.102/blu/FreneticRip.html

Best guide i ever found, hence why i do 50/50 on STR DEX
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-25 15:16:56  
i know it works because i would put /wait2 after headbutt and then /recast 3 times. once with no macro saw how much recast was. then without macro again while wearing full fastcast and then with the macro you see, recast was the same with the last two so i know it works, its just lag on the scroll window when you see that your cause and then you see "equiq changed" but for me it always works" and the reason i have homan in there is because sometimes i forget to change outa my blood legs haha and thats just for safety no other reason. sometimes i like to headbutt >> run the fragglerock away for ni/ichi recasts so i sometimes forget to change back to homam after i swtich to blood.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 15:23:25  
Hades.Hiryo said:
Yeah i use;
http://74.53.42.102/blu/FreneticRip.html
Best guide i ever found, hence why i do 50/50 on STR DEX
While that is true that is the stat mods all the spells have fstr applied to them kinda like normal melee hits/ws. So even at the same amount of stat mods unless you hitting fstr caps(which lets face it blu can get a shitton of str so it's possible) str will be more however dex with acc is nice too

Hmmm maybe they changed how fast ig maccros switch gear. Guess I will have to test that out tonight then
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-25 15:26:45  
So should i put alot more STR into, or keep it how it is, like I said I have +26 Str and dex for my F.rip gear, and for Death Scissors etc i think i have about +42STR +8dex
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-25 15:28:31  
Meh it is the fine the way it is but assuming fstr not capped and not trying to figure out the lvl correction on stat mods at that lvl str will be about twice as effective on FR so like get dex where you can get a bit more than str in that slot or spells. Or get both lol like in uppercut woot. And yeah DS all out str
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-25 15:36:44  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Meh it is the fine the way it is but assuming fstr not capped and not trying to figure out the lvl correction on stat mods at that lvl str will be about twice as effective on FR so like get dex where you can get a bit more than str in that slot or spells. Or get both lol like in uppercut woot. And yeah DS all out str

question! I'm 61 blu, with similar gear to op (nq scorp though), when subbing nin.. i've already seen all that all out str gives more misses than it probably should, suggestions on where an acceptable place to put some acc to miminize misses would be..?
By semimmortal 2009-12-25 15:44:16  
Your gear's pretty good. I don't see the fail here.
Did that 75 BLU at least say WHY did you fail?

Numbers on Frenetic Rip usually is pretty mediocre at the LVL you learn it. Gets better as you level up.

TPing in SH(+1) is WAY better than AF when fighting VT/IT, and you can easily gear swap for spells. Faster TP rates means better chances in getting DS's numbers really high (makes a difference at 100+ TP when SACA). Also means faster way to self-SC Gravitation for MP Drainskiss (usually SC off someone else WS if I can).

And Greed Sword was very nice for me as an Elvaan. I'd see why though in a Taru's point of view.

Again, would be helpful to see what the fail is here. As I can't see it :x
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-25 15:46:18  
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

question! I'm 61 blu, with similar gear to op (nq scorp though), when subbing nin.. i've already seen all that all out str gives more misses than it probably should, suggestions on where an acceptable place to put some acc to miminize misses would be..?

Are you subbing nin in exp? Because /THF is the ***.

@63 you get +10 ACC from a trait so that'll help, Maybe get that Belt off Belladona? It's +12ACC +4ATK? Not sure what else lol
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-25 15:47:47  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15851

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15850

might be nice. 2more acc than snips with 6att. btw those rings are worded stupid since they both say latent active 12acc 6att they should give 24acc/12att. idk why SE put them that way. and umm

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15943

i mean you can grab that and a peacock charm lol for high acc. but really you only need what you have just maybe dont sub out for STR rings and use sushi. either way those are some pieces

and do these work on physical spells? if not you can grab them for magic

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16038

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16037
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-25 15:48:18  
semimmortal said:
Your gear's pretty good. I don't see the fail here.
Did that 75 BLU at least say WHY did you fail?

Numbers on Frenetic Rip usually is pretty mediocre at the LVL you learn it. Gets better as you level up.

TPing in SH( 1) is WAY better than AF when fighting VT/IT, and you can easily gear swap for spells. Faster TP rates means better chances in getting DS's numbers really high (makes a difference at 100 TP when SACA). Also means faster way to self-SC Gravitation for MP Drainskiss (usually SC off someone else WS if I can).

And Greed Sword was very nice for me as an Elvaan. I'd see why though in a Taru's point of view.

Again, would be helpful to see what the fail is here. As I can't see it :x

They said i failed because i TP in this gear and swap to cast spells, and not fulltime AF like they do.
Im a Hume, but i love it also, but i carry two MCF incase of level sync or w.e lol
By semimmortal 2009-12-25 15:50:59  
One thing I see though is the lack of PCC or PCA, might not be a huge issue, but I don't see why not doing UO would be a bad thing (had lots of fun, plus made off lots of gils from those Uts. Nis I kept getting. 5/12 Ni. 1/12 PCC :D).
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-25 15:53:16  
Hades.Hiryo said:
Are you subbing nin in exp? Because /THF is the ***.

@63 you get 10 ACC from a trait so that'll help, Maybe get that Belt off Belladona? It's 12ACC 4ATK? Not sure what else lol

i do sub nin, i have security issues with pretty much all tanks along with my enmity merits :p i'm not all that concerned with big omgwtf numbers, and enjoy looking at my parses (except one -.- which i posted) though my food is limited to crab sushi, again due to the tanks. i guess i'll just have to deal with it lol
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-25 15:54:32  
semimmortal said:
One thing I see though is the lack of PCC or PCA, might not be a huge issue, but I don't see why not doing UO would be a bad thing (had lots of fun, plus made off lots of gils from those Uts. Nis I kept getting. 5/12 Ni. 1/12 PCC :D).

; ; 0/48 on pcc, 2/48 on ni...
First Page 2