MKD Head Piece.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » MKD head piece.
MKD head piece.
 Odin.Ichrius
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ichrius
By Odin.Ichrius 2009-12-25 20:08:48  
I recently began thinking I might want to do the add-on for a WS head piece for DRK...but I came to a fork in the road. I was curious which would be better. After looking at it, these were the 2 I had seen around and liked as well. This would ONLY be used for WAR and DRK.
(I'll just list the stats I care about)

4STR 15WSAcc. 10Acc. 5Att.

vs.

6STR 15WSAcc.

I already have H.Cap, but was thinking this would be decent when I needed the accuracy. Would I really need 25 accuracy in WS and POSSIBLY throwing out my O.Hat needed for added accuracy in a WS/an accuracy TP build or would 6 STR and 15 accuracy do just fine? (Accuracy TP build...never know...I just make sure to carry all that I can/need)

Any help would be appreciated.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-12-25 20:17:45  
I did 4STR 15WSAcc 4 Agi WSDMG +2%.

I use for SAM and WAR, I would do that too for DRK, cuz that's a lot of acc in 1 slot, and if that 10 acc is overkill, it comes down to 5 atk Vs 2% WS DMG. Out of the 2, I would pick the first option though, 2 Str Vs 10 Acc and 5 Att, if you need the acc it is no contest obviously, but I feel that the first option is more balanced either way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-12-25 20:45:35  
Go with the 25 ws acc 4 str. 10 acc 5 attack > 2 str.

That 10 acc will add another 5% hit rate anytime you aren't capped and even 5 str alone does almost as much as 2 str since DRKs mods aren't that heavily str reliant.

If you feel you need more acc for your ws than your H. hat but its a situation where 25 acc is too much just tweak a slot or 2 somewhere else from acc to str/attack. If you really feel you cant adjust your other slots to benefit the 25 acc most of the time I guess the 2 str isnt a bad choice.

It my seem like overkill, but its biggest draw is what the huge acc mod in 1 slot will allow you to do with your other slots.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-12-25 21:25:23  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
I did 4STR 15WSAcc 4 Agi WSDMG +2%.

For SAM at least, this is the best possible helm. I'd imagine it's going to be good as well for any other job that could make use of that WSacc, which DRK will. There's no reason to rate Rumaha down here, he's the only one right in this thread so far.

Use that option.

If you're insisting on those two options though, use the STR4/WSacc+15, Acc+10/ATT+5. It's the second best for anything multi-hit, unless you can get more out of your other slots that you had dedicated to ACC beforehand.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-12-25 21:31:50  
Hes the only right one in the thread are you kidding? (20 damage at 1k ws) for 5% hit rate 5 attack? Ya good choice there.

Not saying it has no place, as yes its fairly nice for SAM since the don't need acc or attack for their ws. But for a job like DRK it would only ever be debatable better than than than 10 acc 5 attack if they were capped or very near capped acc and they couldn't swap a different slot from acc to a damage gear. Which is very unlikely, mildly situational at best for DRK.
 Odin.Ichrius
サーバ: Odin
user: Ichrius
By Odin.Ichrius 2009-12-25 22:29:57  
Thanks for the input. Only reason I hadn't considered the 4AGL and 2%WS damage was due to me wanting it to just be a Guil./Insurg. or RR/KJ WS piece. For one hit WSs I was just assuming I'd stick with H.Cap.

Seeing how he put it though, it did seem silly for me to think 2 STR (or even 2% WS DMG) would outdo 10Acc and 5Att. It's sad to see the WS number/s when you miss a hit. ( x .x);

Guess I'll get started on the add-on. lol

(Kinda curious though...is it a 2% boost total, or per hit in the WS?)
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-12-25 22:35:03  
Total ws so if you did 1000, it would be 1020.
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-25 23:10:55  
For my self, I would so the ( 4STR 15WSAcc. 10Acc. 5Att.) For WS mods. the 15 ws acc would be nice for mnk Asuran fists, or Sam's Kasha / gekko if i remeber the mods correctly, it's been a while +10 Acc would allso improve hit rate, and the +5 attack, well nuff said :P

(Of course i'm stating the ovouse. but Meh ^,^;
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-12-29 02:44:21  
did str+2/haste+2 + str+4/ws acc+15

kinda a temp piece until we go back to the past SCNM for some more Gnadbhod's Helm's

Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-12-29 05:21:07  
Going to do this from a SAM point of view...

Regarding 2% ws dmg:
SAM is probably the only job that makes the 2% WS dmg viable because of capped overwhelm taking you to +21% ws dmg from frontal WS (+220dmg from 1k WS), outside of that any other job would be getting 10-50 extra dmg which vs acc and att is a bad trade.

10acc 5att:
For SAM you do not need acc on Y/G/K WS outside of HNM/kirin/JoL as they have a innate acc boost, my Y/G/K rarely misses in endgame, it is however very nice for tachi rana. Gekko already has hidden high att to it, that +5 will only marginally make a difference on things such as HNMs etc.

Getting 6str is nice for your fSTR but I reckon you'd need a parse for +2str vs 2% ws dmg... i'm not a math guy lol

That is just to clear up a few things about SAM, for other jobs it's an entirely different story, SAM is very unique in the way it's WS function.

For jobs such as WAR/DRK/DRG you'll want to go for acc all the way as these jobs use a lot of multi hit WS and/or have well known acc issues without top gear. Without Overwhelm +2% ws dmg is not worth it to non-sam jobs over acc imo.

But it really does depend whether you use your job for HNM or not because that's high acc vs non-high acc situations, ideally you should have a head piece that covers both. To the OP i'd recommend 4str 15ws acc 10acc 5att and use H-cap for situations where you do not need high acc to perform well in WS.