So Evolith... Is SE Fucking With Us Or Is More Planned?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » So evolith... is SE fucking with us or is more planned?
So evolith... is SE fucking with us or is more planned?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 06:41:33  
If you check on wiki between The hunt registry, evolith and evoliths pages (yay for not updating all of them when new ones found) all but 1 mob has had it's evolith found.

There are several element/shape combinations that should exist that aren't there either but who knows maybe just won't have certain combos right...? Now that be said on the small number of equipment that we have found that can be etched, there are supposedly shapes that can be etched that have no corresponding evolith in the game.

For example Down filled triangle which means ws related there are no dark, wind, ice, water, earth element evoliths. For Filled diamond which is also ws related there are no Fire, water, ice, earth element evoliths. For the double circle one there is only light element and 2hr ones for that. There are no down open triangle, open diamonds, open or closed square or circle shaped evoliths.

However there according to wiki Tiger Jerkin can be outfitted with Down filled triangle wind.

Also there as just ones that don't make sense. For example Staurobow and some other xbows that sams can't use are dark filled diamond and the only ones to have that so far. But the only evoliths for that are +skillchain dmg on scythe/gkt.

And then there is the incompleteness of certain ones. Like how only 2 skillchain weapon types get +skillchain dmg only like 5 get +att etc...

I'm not even getting into the fact that they more or less mostly fail just how they don't really work/mesh. So is this just a joke or did they really kinda half put this together?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-26 06:51:14  
I honestly don't know a ton about this, but I would not be surprised if they rushed the system into release. Ever since it was introduced I was considering the whole synergy/evolith system an experiment for FFIV.
I've only done one hunt out of curiously and quickly dropped the evolith upon completion. Decided to wait and let people who cared figure it out first.
Granted the system is still fairly new, but from what I just saw on wiki most NMs have had their evolith sorted out. I also am not very familiar with synergy but I would imagine there's got to be some way to change some of the "slots" on some gear. If not, yes it is fail on multiple levels. I have not seen anything outside of the [fomor] synergy weapons that are anywhere near worthwhile. Most of those are average at best depending on the end result.
 Caitsith.Blurr
サーバ: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-12-26 06:55:34  
quite frankly synergy pisses me off. all ive seen on gear so far are crap "augments". not a single piece or armor worth the 1m+ they have been costing yet.. some better than others, but nothing id pay for much less even let be inventory -1. ive seen a few pretty stupid good weapons "augments" though, which are irrelevant to me considering you need hnmls to build one basically. havnt seen anything at all yet to it that average players can take advantage of/reap decent rewards for.. i wish scrapping the whole idea was still possible. adding more crap to this crap, idk. *** synergy <^>
[+]
By Izey 2009-12-26 07:15:11  
Gilgamesh.Tallulah said:
Ever since it was introduced I was considering the whole synergy/evolith system an experiment for FFIV.
Yada yada yada.

What he said.
By Izey 2009-12-26 07:15:42  
He means XIV btw
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 07:16:31  
You can't really change slots on the armor. They can only hold certain ones based on the armor. Though on some there are options which you can chose from and the strength is dependent on how well you do. So if you do bad start over try again.

As far as the crap augments go... that is mostly cause there is only mostly crap augments to be had or ones that are ok but only if you can put it on something you would wear or almost where anyways. VS family... pretty much completely fail.

On magic skills pretty much the only magic that gets +MAB is blue magic... and elemental only gets like -emnity lol. Most of the +ws stuff is kinda lol. There is a double attack one but that is on clubs onry I think. There is a triple attack for dagger ws which might be Ok if it goes higher than the 3 I've seen so far. + ws attack only goes on like 3 different weaponskill types and very few weapons and for the most part only on crap weapons with the exception of hellfire. And etc etc etc...
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-26 07:49:59  
Izey said:
He means XIV btw

yes, i did. haven't slept, yet.
anyhow, there are a few pieces of gear via synergy i'd like to get my hands on, but I am still waiting for one the the elemental balances to get figured out. Plus, I haven't skilled synergy at all.
I might not bother adding slots into it. makes it ugly when you look at the info box. like a graphic novel about a piece of armor.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-12-26 07:55:16  
Quote:
As far as the crap augments go... that is mostly cause there is only mostly crap

exactly what im talking about.. ive seen what id consider interesting pieces, but doing salvage and ***full time for however long now, none of it's at all seemed worth while to get to me. i suppose for the majority of people that dont endgame in whatever forms, some pieces can end up being pretty nice to have, ive def seen some decent things, but still nothing worth the price tags on raw mats imo. much less the trouble of actually putting together with all thats involved..
and i was talking about the fomor weaps, not regular. like this concordia for blu: http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=31385. its definitely really nice, but hella not game changing. the amout of work going into it is just unrealistic to the average player like i said too. till i see something that makes me debate whether or not i wanna start siphoning off more HOURS to a new piece of ***time sap for nothing ffxi (im gonna go ahead and call it) "event".. im gonna pass all together i think <,<
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-12-26 08:16:19  
well i still think lot it is that the main development team has been moved permentally to 14 leaving us with the B team or interns why a flood of so many diff new things stuff that maybe they werent being allowed to put in previously. Also lot is just strait out time sinks no attemp at even pretend that they not. like the ton of new nms with insanly crap drop rates , peeps are going 40+ on not even great gear and gear that require sets to work. the evolith is still 2 new there stuff still planed to be added im told and have seen few decent things like + acc on ws and double att also - delaw for spell types. synergy is actualy good and kinda fun + being able hq previously un HQ items is nice ( hq imp woots ingots yes please) though still need expanding on. then again some it might just be testing for 14 SE certainly has shown a lack of caring about customer base or product quality in last several years.

not sure how much this makes sense not awake at all..

edit oh and remmember the cost of stuff is set by players not SE , remmeber the craft stuff for salavge gear was next to worthles before salvage came out then players who made it cost millions.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-12-26 08:30:46  
prices arent set by se your right, but they arent really "set" by players either. its all just relative supply and demand governing prices server to server. like imp wootz for example. you need 24 khroma ores and 12 wootzs to put together a body. if youve ever mined for the khroma or done isnms, you can kind of picture why only 20-30 max get listed a day. its realistic at least 1 person completing a body piece a day here on cait too, which is why i imagine there is never an overstock building up. its all just relative.
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2009-12-26 13:42:08  
I'm seriously disappointed with this while synergy/evolith system. I spend the time to raise my synergy to 50 and then spent countless hours camping nm's so I can obtain certain evolith pieces (namely the one from Sengann "GK ws Acc +6") only to find out that I cant put slots into the 4 non'ex/rare items I macro in so that I can use em. Im willing to wager that only this new gear that came out will be able to accept slots for evolith...in which case is pure fail. I'd like to see some recipes for adding slots to "old" gear.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 13:48:32  
Check wiki... hell I named a few up top. So far there is like maybe 2 dozen found including the low lvl stuff. Most of which aren't really good enough to use even with the best evoliths on them. Only real exception so far looks like maybe staurobow with +scythe ws skillchain dmg (would be awesome if sams could wear it since there is a gkt one too) and hellfire with +10ratt on marksminship ws. Well and maybe that new mage thing with -2hr delay just for 2hring lol. Well and maybe engetsu with +wsacc.
 Fairy.Usua
サーバ: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-12-26 16:51:44  
Has any one etched the new fomor king weapons?
I'm betting that the Galka great sword will hold the blood weapon evoliths.
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-12-26 17:02:09  
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Quote:
like this concordia for blu: http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=31385