users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » problems with whm auto
problems with whm auto
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-01-14 23:59:18  
Has anyone else noticed a problem with whm auto at lv75 casting regen spell. was out killing stuff with mine & in over 3hrs never casted it once. even tho run same whm set up i have to activate in past. my problems seemed to have happened after last update.
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-01-15 00:04:03  
It casts it still, just depends on the level of the mob you're fighting, and your current hp/manu's, tbh.
By semimmortal 2010-01-15 00:06:05  
Depends on what does the mob /check to you.
I'm sure it's Even Match+ they'll start casting Regen.
I'll be back and post sauce.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-01-15 00:08:29  
Strange it use to activate on ep mobs while i levelled guard/solo'ed/did fov pages.
By semimmortal 2010-01-15 00:33:23  
Not much of a sauce I thought I could get, but this might help:
Click me.

Here's the answer based in that post in case people fear the "Click me" D:
Quote:
Cures:
- Always cast regardless as long as HP is under a certain percent (depending on attachments and maneuvers up)
- Spell priority increases as target's HP decreases, but cures cannot achieve higher priority than status removal
- Priority goes Master > Automaton > Other party members
- Highest Cure is used 95+% of the time, regardless of HP missing, trigger to cause lower cures is unknown (if not completely random)

Status Removal:
- Soulsoother's Highest priority spells, if a removable effect up, the spell will always cast over all other spells
- Priority goes Automaton > Master > Other party members
- Water Maneuver is required for status removals to be cast on other party members

Regens:
- Will only use if the mob is the equivalent of Decent Challenge+ or higher (possibly affected by attachments)
- Will only use the highest Regen available
- Takes priority over enfeebles
- Will only cast Regens on the player with most enmity at the time of the spell cast.

Enfeebles:
- Default lowest priority spells
- Will cast in the following order by default: Silence, Slow, Blind, Paralyze, Bio/Dia, Poison
- Silence will only be casted if the target has MP (regardless of if it can actually use it)
- If Scanner is attached, Silence will not be casted on non-casters that just happen to have MP
- If Scanner is attached, Enfeebles that the target is immune to (or extremely resistant to) will not be cast
- An enfeeble will not be cast if the effect is already on the target
- By default, the highest spell in the Bio/Dia line will be used, neither will be cast if either effect is already on the target.
- Specific enfeebles can be triggered by using the maneuver corresponding to their element. (I.E. Earth Maneuver will trigger Slow, Light Maneuver will trigger Dia, etc...)
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Lishje
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Lishje
By Midgardsormr.Lishje 2010-01-16 00:45:59  
Regen from the Automaton is only activated by The level difference between the mob and its current target.

Example: 75PUP and 65DNC vs Lesser Colibri, We were just messing around having a little fun.

Sometimes she would run up and smack the mob first, having hate, I deploy before I engage, so the auto would Flash > (The mob would still be facing her at this time) and he would Regen her. Due to not needing a Cure from HP being too low. I never receieved a Regen, due to my level being too high and it not caring.

When this requirement is met, he prioritizes Regen over Enfeebling, but not before Cure. and of course, -na spells are the most important.

For whatever reason.

FU S.E.!

>.>

Hope I helped at least a little.
[+]
 Sylph.Jetu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2010-01-16 03:29:35  
from my findings it will do regen regardles of the mobs level (have had it on EP's many times)

have also found that it will only do regen if u have been hurt, tanking the mob & not elegable for cures while you have a light maneuver up

i may be wrong, but this is just what i have observed while capping guard on pup
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-02-28 19:57:56  
Depends ono your HP i think and If you have Damagegauge ,Optic fiber and on your maneuvers. Check this

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Soulsoother_Head
and this
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Puppetmaster.

ANd i would suggest to deploy your automaton out of mellee Range so you can allways Deactivate -Activate Deploy if it casted regen and you need a Cure Badly. ALso you can use harlequin head and it whont cast regen at all - Just work you throu all guides about PUP in the links