サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-02 17:01:18  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Need? No. Is it nice if you can get it without sacrificing elsewhere? Yes. Besides, it improves your Cure III as well.

With light obi I heal ~860 using Cure V. Without I'm 750 .
Your curing set looks very similar to mine, but I use Ajari Bead Necklace for neck, Prism Cape for back and Penitent's Rope for Waist. I remember being able to do like 820 Cure V's without day bonus. Is the extra 14 MND ~ 70HP on Cure V? Maybe you should upgrade those items?
I've seen all three of those items used. It's nice to see some actual numbers with them. I've been debating for a while now.

Edit: looking at the set, it's actually a 16 mnd difference. What race are you?
Hume, also I forgot that I use Zenith Crown so that's another 3 MND and 20 more MP than turban.
So I've got 5 more MND than you from race. Makes a difference of ~11. I didn't think 11 MND would make that big of a difference in cures. I may have to adjust my sets further.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-02 17:02:51  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
So I've got 5 more MND than you from race. Makes a difference of ~11. I didn't think 11 MND would make that big of a difference in cures. I may have to adjust my sets further.
Here so I quit making mistakes about my gear;)

I'm 99% sure that yields 819HP on Cure V as hume.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-02 17:05:35  
Lol, I went to the sets themselves to check the mnd difference.

One other thing, is your healing magic capped? I'm 24 from cap.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-02 17:07:50  
You ever try punching stuff into the cure calculator?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-02 17:08:08  
Yes Healing Magic is capped.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-02 17:09:33  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Yes Healing Magic is capped.
That would add some difference to it as well. Once I cap healing I'll see how far I fall short.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-02 17:59:47  
When I whm (elvaan) I start out with Max MP all the max crap I can get with /sch it should be around 1200. Do buffs and what not and replace gear as I go..if it's just Nyzul or something with quick fights then I'll keep a mix of MP and -Emn on.

Anything of a larger scale I don't worry about max HP per cure I worry about Max -Emn down per cure. Buff with Max Mp then just jump right down to all -emn I can get. Right now I believe I sit around -35(another -3 for merits).

I have been messing around with an HP build for Devotion..just swap gears and have one of the tanks behind on Hate cure you, and they will thank you for a much larger Devotion.

I'm a broken whm I don't worry about HP per cure /Sadface..only -Emn really.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-02 18:10:37  
Sorry for double post but my edit button is being stupid and my work computer is weird with images so here is just the link to my whm -emn set I use.
Whm -Emn
 Seraph.Dricent
サーバ: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-02-02 18:42:35  
Your proposed gear only works in theory.... the medicine ring is not very viable since your hp needs to be at 75% or lower. And as ive seen no one online understands that and constantly cures the mage with yellow hp... and wheres your tamas?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-02 19:23:27  
Seraph.Dricent said:
our proposed gear only works in theory.... the medicine ring is not very viable since your hp needs to be at 75% or lower. And as ive seen no one online understands that and constantly cures the mage with yellow hp... and wheres your tamas?
Oh I used to have that problem on blm all the time. Had 1 rdm before we even started fighting throw a cure 4 at me. I convert again he throws another... this happens 4 more times before he goes wait maybe that taru doesn't have 100hp/tic poison on.

Spellcast helps alot for that though and I might add to help your own autoregen from putting you higher and then you forgetting. Also allows you to idle higher maybe even with some regen if you are scared.
 Siren.Temeraire
サーバ: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-02-02 20:07:03  
There is one thing you are missing here...where is the fundamental need for a massive cure? The worst situation I can think of is a PLD getting hit with shadows down at Tiamat. In the time it takes you to cast that 900 hp Cure V, he's already been hit with 3-4 Cure IIIs from RDMs and other PLDs. Your Cure V ends up doing 500 hp and leaves him no room to cure himself for hate.

I am not doubting how nice Cure V sets are on paper in terms of efficiency and enmity. What I am doubting is the ingame every day viability of such setups.

Granted, I don't usually work with PLD/WARs. Nor do I ever see any Galkas.

What I prefer to do is to Cure III them out of orange/yellow and let Regen or their own MP take care of the rest.

You'd need to average above 650 hp per Cure V to get a better HPcured:MPspent ration than Cure III. I can see where quite a few may reach that benchmark, but I rarely even see anyone more than 650 hp down. And even then, most are cured up by multiple people when it happens.

Basically, I don't see instances where I need heavy -enmity (excepting the odd solo WHM on Tiamat or 6 man ground king) so I sit at -20 or so nearly all of the time ( I can boost much higher if needed, mind you).

I have been doing things this way for seven years. I am not saying that others are wrong. What I am saying is that my experience tells me that maximizing efficiency on Cure III (and Regen III if non-PLDs are taking enough damage to use it) tends to work best in nearly all situations for me. Nearly, but not all. I can boost my Cure Vs to 850+ or my -enmity to about -38, but I very rarely need to.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-03 03:15:02  
Seraph.Dricent said:
wheres your tamas?
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Bismarck.Misao said:
o,O no Tamas ring?
I'd recomend Morgana's choker too

I have Rajas Ring from COP, so Tamas isn't really an option XD
My Tamas ring is sitting in the bin.

When you're the only healer for ~9 people, you don't really worry about the RDM's healing someone and wasting your C5.

As far as needing to average 650 C5's to be better than C3. Regen > Haste > Rest. Orange HP? > Penury & Cure 5 > Regen if it isn't on for some reason > Haste assuming I have the MP > Rest > Repeat.

The only time I don't let my tanks, which aren't always PLD. stay in yellow HP is when the mob could either, 1 shot someone with less than 1.3k hp or it's night in a very bad spot.
 Sylph.Jax
サーバ: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-02-03 03:49:40  
R pumps!
 Fairy.Onehicup
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Onehicup 2010-02-03 05:13:34  
This has been one of the most helpful threads to me. Thank you!
 Midgardsormr.Terri
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Asphy
By Midgardsormr.Terri 2010-02-03 08:30:32  
Oops, posted as oxy Dx

wtf @ all this talk of max mp loss for cures not a good trade off? 130-150 mp isn't that bad... What is the first thing you do when you get up from resting/start a fight? Haste, pro/shell/barspells, and maybe regen depending on the situation, and how often is it that you can rest to full anyway without having to get up? That mp you're talking about losing is already gone by the time you even need cure (although there are some times where you do end up curing from the start, it honestly isn't too much of an issue )Just swap the gear after buffing and it's like nothing has happened and you get more for your MP? o_oa

Anyways, dont focus so much on mind. Imo aside from cure potency, its -EN>MP>Haste>MND priority wise for whm ( aside from enfeebles and such! 8D )

For your aim on a cure set- I'd say ditch the blessed pumps for cure clogs, lose the ajari beads for Morgana's. Save for a roundel+aristocrat coat. Keep Serket on instead of aqua ring( or get a serene ring ). Get a errant cape asap too, that cape should be your first priority depending on how often you see roundels up.

I'm not a big fan for goliard chap aside from a hmp piece if you don't have mirror tiara. Selene cap is the way to go, and if you cant get one of those for cures, keep turban. I find +haste better for getting those recast timers down. Also if you don't plan on getting the new expansion legs for anything else, get it with +cure potency/haste, or potency/-en if thats what floats your boat, although I'd personally go for the haste more ;x

For cure4/ga's slap on all the -enmity you can. Raven beret is♥♥♥ and Swap out medi ring for a trooper's ( or you can swap it with the serene/serket ring slot I never had much trouble with enmity and I do cure cure4 from time to time if i absolutely have to ). Novio is a GREAT investment for this too. It's great for your normal cure set as well, but I usually just use my magnetic for that and it's worked well for me. Keep cure clogs for these spells too, as cure4 should ONLY be for an oshi-moment when cure5 is down.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-03 09:39:49  
Sylph.Jax said:
R pumps!
R pumps are a joke. I got them long ago and only use them because I have them. Cure clogs are a much better option to start your cure and end with something that has haste and mind like blessed pumps.
[+]
 Seraph.Dricent
サーバ: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-02-03 11:15:49  
See in your proposed gear you would cure V for 905 regular.... even with med ring thats not the best... my gear set if i swapped in med ring would net me a normal reg no weather or day bonus of a cure V for 956. Your gear ratio is all wrong... so all whms know the priority of what you want you gear to be is as follows... Cure pot > MND > Haste > VIT > MP+. The amount of mp you want is the last thing you should be worring about. If you follow that for gear you cant fail
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-02-03 12:00:48  
Siren.Temeraire said:
There is one thing you are missing here...where is the fundamental need for a massive cure? The worst situation I can think of is a PLD getting hit with shadows down at Tiamat. In the time it takes you to cast that 900 hp Cure V, he's already been hit with 3-4 Cure IIIs from RDMs and other PLDs. Your Cure V ends up doing 500 hp and leaves him no room to cure himself for hate.

I am not doubting how nice Cure V sets are on paper in terms of efficiency and enmity. What I am doubting is the ingame every day viability of such setups.

Granted, I don't usually work with PLD/WARs. Nor do I ever see any Galkas.

What I prefer to do is to Cure III them out of orange/yellow and let Regen or their own MP take care of the rest.

You'd need to average above 650 hp per Cure V to get a better HPcured:MPspent ration than Cure III. I can see where quite a few may reach that benchmark, but I rarely even see anyone more than 650 hp down. And even then, most are cured up by multiple people when it happens.

Basically, I don't see instances where I need heavy -enmity (excepting the odd solo WHM on Tiamat or 6 man ground king) so I sit at -20 or so nearly all of the time ( I can boost much higher if needed, mind you).

I have been doing things this way for seven years. I am not saying that others are wrong. What I am saying is that my experience tells me that maximizing efficiency on Cure III (and Regen III if non-PLDs are taking enough damage to use it) tends to work best in nearly all situations for me. Nearly, but not all. I can boost my Cure Vs to 850 or my -enmity to about -38, but I very rarely need to.
^ I totally agree :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-03 12:07:25  
I really don't see how cure III is the best in any situation your not afriad tanks of getting 1 shotted from lower hps. It can never ever be more mp efficient than Cure V unless you are overhealing. And is rediculously more hate.

Magic fruit is pretty cool too though. Need more blu/sch healers!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-03 12:11:50  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I really don't see how cure III is the best in any situation your not afriad tanks of getting 1 shotted from lower hps. It can never ever be more mp efficient than Cure V unless you are overhealing. And is rediculously more hate.
Cure III is good for patchup work from AoEs or just a light cure. Cure V especially with CureSkin™ from Afflatus Solace is a godsend for a tank that possibly got interrupted trying to get shadows up. Even if you overcure, the stoneskin will still be based off of whatever the cure would have been.
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-03 12:12:21  
Im no WHM but if you are in a situation where you are only casting cure 3 and not needing cure 5 you mind as well be there curing as a RDM or even SCH instead.
 Siren.Temeraire
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-02-03 23:11:07  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Im no WHM but if you are in a situation where you are only casting cure 3 and not needing cure 5 you mind as well be there curing as a RDM or even SCH instead.

1. Both jobs lack Regen III, which often makes Cure III only work in situations where it otherwise wouldn't.

2. SCH lacks Haste.

3. RDM lacks Regen II.

4. Both jobs also lose -enmity and recast efficiency when compared to WHM.

5. You lose subjob flexibility, too.

6. Neither job has Protectra V or Shellra V.

7. Neither job can match a WHM's Barspell if the WHM is properly geared.
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Sylph.Jax said:
R pumps!
R pumps are a joke. I got them long ago and only use them because I have them. Cure clogs are a much better option to start your cure and end with something that has haste and mind like blessed pumps.

QFT
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I really don't see how cure III is the best in any situation your not afriad tanks of getting 1 shotted from lower hps. It can never ever be more mp efficient than Cure V unless you are overhealing. And is rediculously more hate. Magic fruit is pretty cool too though. Need more blu/sch healers!

1. As I already pointed out, its not hard at all to overheal with Cure V.

2. Cure III is not ridiculously more hate. It's nearly the same cure for cure, but significantly less efficient if you calculate it hp for hp.

3. I can tell you from first hand experience that you can do a 9 man Tiamat as solo healer and rarely touch Cure V. You won't pull hate even as low as -30 enmity doing it as long as a tank doesn't die, and that includes recasts on Pro/Shell/Haste and constant Virunas. In fact, it's usually necessary to Cure III at Tiamat because a single mighty strikes double attack can knock 1100 hp off even a very well geared tank. Ditto for Fulmination and Gates of Hades.
Midgardsormr.Terri said:
Oops, posted as oxy Dx wtf @ all this talk of max mp loss for cures not a good trade off? 130-150 mp isn't that bad... What is the first thing you do when you get up from resting/start a fight? Haste, pro/shell/barspells, and maybe regen depending on the situation, and how often is it that you can rest to full anyway without having to get up? That mp you're talking about losing is already gone by the time you even need cure (although there are some times where you do end up curing from the start, it honestly isn't too much of an issue )Just swap the gear after buffing and it's like nothing has happened and you get more for your MP? o_oa Anyways, dont focus so much on mind. Imo aside from cure potency, its -EN>MP>Haste>MND priority wise for whm ( aside from enfeebles and such! 8D ) For your aim on a cure set- I'd say ditch the blessed pumps for cure clogs, lose the ajari beads for Morgana's. Save for a roundel aristocrat coat. Keep Serket on instead of aqua ring( or get a serene ring ). Get a errant cape asap too, that cape should be your first priority depending on how often you see roundels up. I'm not a big fan for goliard chap aside from a hmp piece if you don't have mirror tiara. Selene cap is the way to go, and if you cant get one of those for cures, keep turban. I find haste better for getting those recast timers down. Also if you don't plan on getting the new expansion legs for anything else, get it with cure potency/haste, or potency/-en if thats what floats your boat, although I'd personally go for the haste more ;x For cure4/ga's slap on all the -enmity you can. Raven beret is♥♥♥ and Swap out medi ring for a trooper's ( or you can swap it with the serene/serket ring slot I never had much trouble with enmity and I do cure cure4 from time to time if i absolutely have to ). Novio is a GREAT investment for this too. It's great for your normal cure set as well, but I usually just use my magnetic for that and it's worked well for me. Keep cure clogs for these spells too, as cure4 should ONLY be for an oshi-moment when cure5 is down.

1. I know WHMs who have +MP sets specifically for coming out of rest and casting. It's rather useful in Dynamis and at the start of HNM fights. I don't do it only because its too much gear to handle full time.

2. I have to disagree with your ordering of priorities. Personally, I don't like prioritizing anyway. Instead, look at what would work best in a given situation in each slot. -EN if often situational (for example, its a waste in merit PT or Einherjar) and Max MP sets have limited usefulness (outlined above).

3. I love haste build on my WHM. Considerably reduces stand up time on a Regen/Haste cycle.

4. Full-timing Mirror Tiara/Raven Beret/Hydra Beret and Novia (I assume you meant Novia ~.^) is generally wasted space, as you can get more benefit in those slots most of the time (but not all of the time).

5. I tend to use Cure IV between fights, and the only Curaga I ever seem to use is the first one for waking slept allies.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-03 23:16:36  
Siren.Temeraire said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

1. Both jobs lack Regen III, which often makes Cure III only work in situations where it otherwise wouldn't.

2. SCH lacks Haste.

3. RDM lacks Regen II.

4. Both jobs also lose -enmity and recast efficiency when compared to WHM.

5. You lose subjob flexibility, too.

6. Neither job has Protectra V or Shellra V.

7. Neither job can match a WHM's Barspell if the WHM is properly geared.
Most of this is pointless.

1. While it's true that both jobs lack Regen III, Regen I is the best for MP efficiency and all three jobs have that.

2. Yeah. I agree on this one.

3. RDM/SCH

4. SCH has the most -Enmity and WHM can't compare to either RDM or SCH fast-cast-wise.

5. Wut? SCH/RDM, SCH/WHM, SCH/BLM, SCH/SMN. RDM/WHM, RDM/BLM, RDM/SMN, RDM/BLU, RDM/SCH are all viable subs. WHM shouldn't ever use anything except /SCH or /SMN.

6. Protectra V is a wasted merit, and Shellra V gets very few uses in endgame or anywhere for that matter.

7. See 6.

On 4 and 5, you just helped us put the nails in WHM's coffin, not only proving that RDM and SCH can do the job well enough, but that WHM can't even compete with the two.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-02-03 23:19:43  
Quote:
Shellra V gets very few uses in endgame or anywhere for that matter.
Uhm... no?
and you cant compare sch's potency over whm, nor emninity gained vs a whm. best spell you have is Cure4, add Rapture, and that will add to your emninity gain

Quote:
WHM shouldn't ever use anything except /SCH or /SMN.
you mention a variation of SJ's that in most cases would be situational....
in that case: whm/blm, whm/smn, whm/sch, whm/rdm, whm/drk, whm/brd
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-02-03 23:21:05  
Bismarck.Misao said:
Quote:
Uhm... no?

Yeah seriously Ent, Protectra V may be ***, but shellra V is THE ***.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-03 23:24:46  
Bismarck.Misao said:
Quote:
Uhm... no?
and you cant compare sch's potency over whm, nor emninity gained vs a whm. best spell you have is Cure4, add Rapture, and that will add to your emninity gain
I can name maybe 2 or 3 situations where Shellra V will be a necessary upgrade from Shell IV. It's only a 25% upgrade over Shell IV, rather just take a Phalanxga and Stoneskinga.

And SCH has a stratagem that gives -50 enmity for when you really need it, too. If you merit it. And that stacks with gear. The normal cap on -enmity is -50. So if you have -50 in gear and use the -50 stratagem, that's 0 enmity gained for the next spell.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-02-03 23:29:13  
just.... 2 cases? shellra v is the best defense against magic.... especially after crap that astralflows or mijin gakures
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-03 23:36:05  
Bismarck.Misao said:
just.... 2 cases? shellra v is the best defense against magic.... especially after crap that astralflows or mijin gakures
Again, rather take Stoneskinga.

Just doing some quick math, a spell would have to do roughly 6750 damage for Shell V to compare to Stoneskinga in terms of damage mitigation.

Anything less, and the bonus from Stoneskin is more worthwhile.