users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Shura v. Byakkos Haidate on Asuran
Shura v. Byakkos Haidate on Asuran
 Carbuncle.Gilder
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: dewzedo
By Carbuncle.Gilder 2010-01-18 05:39:47  
So which would you guys consider ideal? Byakkos has .5 more acc.. I believe the game rounds down so they would be roughly the same in terms of increasing hit rate.

So I guess it would come down to the 5 str (atk,fstr,ws modifier) vs. 15 dex (potentially large boost in crit hit rate?). I've had a few people tell me that WS cannot proc crits unless crits are the tp mod (Rampage, Raging Rush, Drakesbane, etc). So I'm not sure what to believe, any thoughts? I'm no expert on damage calculations so feel free to comment.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-18 05:50:27  
Only WS that specifically say "chance of crit varies with TP" in the description can crit without forcing it.

The only way to force crits is Sneak attack, Trick attack (THF main) and Mighty strikes.

So for Asuran fists byakkos are nothing more than accuracy, therefore shura is better.

[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-18 11:28:45  
Tread has ended with the previous post. Thanks for playing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Gilder
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: dewzedo
By Carbuncle.Gilder 2010-01-19 14:05:37  
Well thanks for the validation, but before this thread dies maybe you guys could answer one more question for me... not really MNK related but I've been wondering.

Since crits can occur on WS like Raging Rush, Rampage, Drakesbane etc. does stacking DEX and/or crit% gear (like Zahaks) on those WS improve the crit rate, or is it solely based on the TP mod? I'm asking because I tend to keep a significant amount of DEX on my WAR RR gear but trade it off for pure STR on KJ.

Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-19 14:13:40  
Yes, dex/crit gear improves crit rate on those ws.