Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-03 07:10:41  
Hades.Triet said:
Might want to look into this rings set at Lv.55, they seem pretty nice for PLD:

Dasra's Ring
with
Nasatya's Ring
I've been camping Dasra's for my WHM. Stupid beetle is greedy though. Gonna dread doing it again for Nastaya's.
 Bahamut.Artemiz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Artemiz
By Bahamut.Artemiz 2010-02-04 12:24:47  
Shiva.Jimmyjazz said:
This is what I've been using leveling now and then on my 44pld.
Invalid Item Set

and this most often to TP or WS in.
Invalid Item Set

any thoughts on the Gothic set? I've been using them and loving them since I could wear em. What level PLD should I be looking to replace them? lv52 for feet I would guess but hands?

Those Gothic pieces are great for your level but at 52 they become macro gear for JA's and cures thanks to AF feet. You can keep the gloves on after that I guess but you'd be losing the set bonus so arguably Forth Division Gauntlets would be better hands with +5 acc at 55 I think.

I'd highly recommend changing your head to Walkure Mask for both tp and ws.

+hp gear doesn't do you many favours in exp, you bleed slightly less hate with higher Hp but that's about it, HP gear if for cure swaps and specific mobs. As a result I'd recommend you try some att earrings, certainly drop the Vit.

Other than that though I'd recommend you TP in your ws set, if you think you're gonna take too much dmg use a fish mithkabob or Taco for food instead of DD food. I think you'd be surprised by the results of being more aggressive in gear selection, you won't take much more dmg (certainly not with def food) and hold better hate. Don't worry about -eva either, the mob will be pretty much capped on accuracy no matter what you do on pld so -eva is just a phantom negative, in reality it doesn't really exist.

Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2010-02-04 18:23:46  
Ahh cool cool, thanks for the info XD I'm gonna get started on some new sets to focus more on DD. I'm guessing it would be a good idea to keep my VIT/DEF set.

edit:
for when I ding 45

for when I ding 50

excitement!

edit again: Rajas or woodsman to tp in?
 Bahamut.Artemiz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Artemiz
By Bahamut.Artemiz 2010-02-09 02:47:40  
I'd stick with Woodsman until higher levels, at 75 Rajas > Woodsman but obviously that's not the same at all levels. I'd certainly stick with woodsman until level 60 when you can get much more acc from elsewhere (Hauby, chiv chain etc...) and your ws will be worth using.

Other than that the set looks great, don't forget about rapier type weapons for birds, they get 25% dmg bonus. PLD gets to use some awesome swords (Tac. Espadon being one of them) and they'll make a big difference in your damage/hate so be sure to keep them up to date.

And yes, I'd keep the Def/Vit stuff around if you can in case your party starts to over hunt, then the difference between DD and turtle pld does start to show a bit but it's still a much smaller difference than most make it out to be.

Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-02-09 03:33:16  
Assuming your talking about a party setup defiantly TP in your Acc gear.

The other option is to keep a set of turtle rings, in the case when you can't make reasonable gains with melee TP and focus on +Enmity swaps for JA & Cure/Flash.

If your talking about a solo setup though i would think about swapping out your -Eva gear. I did Pld solo from 20~55 and major focus is on just enough turtle that your 1~3mp/tick & 1hp/tick will let you keep fighting without resting. As soon as you hit that point everything else focus' DD. Pld might not have much evasion but stacking -Eva will counter some of your turtle set, for Acc you don't really need.