フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Hades » WORST Dyna ls on Hades
WORST Dyna ls on Hades
 Remora.Belius
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-02-06 17:24:07  
Hades.Neheyiama said:
Wow. Close this thread. No one is forcing you to go on the run. I in DA, and I go to have fun, and stuff. Not just because of the gear. Sure the points is nice, but making friends and stuff is nicer. Its a game. If the sackholders do what they did, they have a reason. Its like crafting during a Dyna run. Who does that -.-

People like you grind my gears to no freaking end.

NO, I didn't sign up to the LS to make many friends, I'd rather do that anywhere other than Dieandmiss.

I sign up to get points and lot on AF I fancy. I should be grateful that the LS took me on cause there is someone paying 500k for my AF?

NO. I invest 3 hours of my time lining up the Sponser's pocket with currency. 100 Drops? That's the run paid for. What you do with said money, is not my business. I will often walk away from a run not gaining anything new.

When it my freaking turn to lot an item and I have the points for it, I will lot and take that AF.

Your justification of it's 'just a game -.-' is not even remotely a good one.

Sackholders and leaders need to get a grip.

There is one on Remora who when after finishing a Nyzul floor, said wait, while he went killed Argus for himself and his lil' buddy with him on my expense.

I found the rune, and went up and he said if I did that again he'd kick me. Out of a nyzul run. I told him to esteeffyou and keep his epeen in his pants and to go ahead, kick the RDM on a boss floor. Let's see how you do!
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-06 17:46:29  
Good parents don't necessarily have to not take part in endgame at all; just schedule the game around your child, not your child around the game.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-02-06 17:58:51  
Hades.Kylos said:
What! DynamisAvngers is one of the most established, long time going ls on the server, i learned how to do dynamis with them, got my clears and my first ever Afv2.

Now i lead RealityDynamis, i would not have done as well with my linkshell i run now, if i had not joined and learned with DA a long time ago.

Kline is a good friend of mine, we have different approaches to how we lead a linkshell but both of us get it done and successfully, kline always has a good reason for any decision he makes, and so do the pearlsacks, making a thread like this to flame a linkshell, because they made a decision which did not agree to you, is not right.

This topic should just die now (End Key)
lol stfu stop kissing *** turd
[+]
 Hades.Kline
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Kline 2010-02-07 00:47:39  
I am the leader of this shell so...
let me shed alittle light on this whole situation....

The problem with ozirus was he afks too often in dynamis without warning or anything and it has caused more then 1 wipe, he has been warned. he was kicked for completely disreguarding ls policy of bazaaring glass(repeatedly warned on several occasions), and we woulda just d2'd him but he was afk dead.

issue 2 from original post, all the drops went to the point leaders... period. we have very fair, set rules. all of which are followed in dyna and can be viewed any time on my linkshell website.

And yes pax was right, that whole situation was the muse of DA's creation although i dont condone what waide did that time, i just thought the punishment was harsh.

And u can make any ls look bad from certain perspectives, and no 1 set of rules will make everyone happy, i do my best to keep my members happy and along the way there will be people unhappy, thats just the way it goes. Although Ozirus was kicked he actually remains a friend. So if he doesnt hold a grudge why does it bother you?

also pax no unfortunately we have yet to finish a relic in the shell, we were close but the person who was closest quit the shell and sold all coins. We havnt had the members to take on weapons efficiently so we dont try, we mostly just farm af and whatnot.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-07 00:59:28  
Well there we go then, straight from the panda's mouth.
 Hades.Kline
By Hades.Kline 2010-02-07 01:03:34  
Also, i would like to point out something about the creator of this post... zarden went on a total of 6 runs with our shell (3 weeks).. and of those 6 runs he got 5 af's... so how unfair is that a new member gets an AF almost every single run... hm...
[+]
 Hades.Paxton
user: Paxton
By Hades.Paxton 2010-02-07 10:03:07  
I feel your pain on upgraders Kline. HB now requires a substantial investment of sponsors to get on the list for the exact same reason.

As far as Waide. I'd like to clear up what he told you. His punishment was to find a way to make it right, to re-earn the trust of the LS. His suggestion was to lot 100s and sell to upgraders for a discounted price. After what happened, you can see how this was not going to work. I told him to take a few runs off and think of something that's was not designed to make him some sort of cash fall. He agreed, and then chose to quit. I'm guessing it was that you planned on building DA and starting fresh is much easier than rebuilding trust.

I have all the screenshots of that incident, not that this makes any difference whatsoever, but I'd hardly call any punishment I've given out to members in the past harsh. I'd always have the member decide for themselves what it should be because one, I'm not a babysitter, you screwed up, you fix it, and two, how a member disciplines themselves tells me just how bad they felt about it.
[+]
 Hades.Kline
By Hades.Kline 2010-02-07 12:10:36  
well i originally created DA as a thought well before the situation happened, some rules and whatnot although im not saying they were bad, i just didnt really agree with and whatnot, the thing with waide was just the excuse to finally make it. And i agreed what waide did was wrong though fully, but as i recall the comments were desacking him (of course) and wiping all his points in shell plus selling the item and giving to ls or something like that lol its been a long time but iirc those were the parameters of the situation, or atleast thats what i heard, which i thought was harsh. but none the less i really havnt had any hard feelings towards HB or anything like that. just felt it was time for alittle change. Plus i do better in myself when i lead vs. follow, keeps things interesting XD as im sure u know.
[+]
 Hades.Fathe
user: Fathe
By Hades.Fathe 2010-02-07 16:59:38  
As a Formor LS Member i can say that 95% of Relic armor aside from those Few Key ones (AA, Duelist Body/Hat, so forth and so on) were always Lot for Points or would Auto-Sort. As Far as new members not getting stuff not sure if that's possible unless they choose to not lot...

Anyways /end thread.
[+]
 Hades.Ozirus
user: otic101
By Hades.Ozirus 2010-02-15 17:06:57  
it was just brought to my attention that this thread existed. I am not posting to bash the ls at all but to defend myself being as though my name was brought up. I just finished having a convo with 3 sack holders all confirming that i have never caused a whipe, pretty hard to do while afk if you arent puller or main tank. i have only gone afk during dyn a total of 10 times of the year that i have been in DA, and each were alerted in ls or pt chat. except that last afk i fell asleep feeding my newborn
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-15 17:14:19  
Kiddies can die from suffocation from parents falling asleep ontop of them, take care ^^
[+]
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-15 17:24:17  
I'm sorry but if you're AFK, for any reason, you're AFK. There are no IF, ANDs, or BUTs about it... RL > FFXI always, but you must understand that nonstop AFKs affect 20+ individuals and eventually deem you unreliable at best. Ultimately a linkshell needs to do what's best for them.

Disagree? Try starting a linkshell with people who consistently AFK as much as you do and see how much you get accomplished.

I'm willing to bet you're not going to be nearly as productive.

Brb starting AFKIgnoringMyRealLifeObgliations linkshell..
 Hades.Ozirus
By Hades.Ozirus 2010-02-15 17:32:40  
as far as the waide thing goes he was caught selling af, you say he was delt harsh punishment. I was afk in dyn and got kicked even though i was asked to come after i said i was to tired to go. If waide's punishment was harsh, was mine justice? i am comparing selling dyn gear to afk during dyn, he was desacked i was kicked.......
 Hades.Ozirus
By Hades.Ozirus 2010-02-15 17:35:51  
this one is to maimed - being afk 10 times in over a years time frame isnt alot
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-15 17:47:30  
Hades.Ozirus said:
this one is to maimed - being afk 10 times in over a years time frame isnt alot

I don't know your individual situation but if you have been afk'ing excessively without any prior notice, I wouldn't blame anyone who is irritated with you.

I used to do HNM with an italian HNM LS where they took LUNCH (not shitting you) like it was serious business. The linkshell leader himself would sometimes just say "afk lunch" in the middle of tanking an hnm and literally just walk away with a few seconds notice. One other tank in the linkshell just waits for the co-tank to grab hate then AFKs without saying a word.

The difference between FFXI and WoW is you cannot get away with half-assing an important role and just assume nobody will notice. FFXI is not difficult, but there's a difference between being slow on HASTE'ing tanks and just not casting HASTE at all because you are surrounded with distractions.

Again I will emphasize that FFXI will always come second to Real Life when it comes to priorities, however, unless you're a lootwhore just dying for your AF2 item to drop so you can loot & scoot, there really is no reason to be online when clearly you have more important real life obligations at hand.

I've done dynamis with a guy named Animha on Fairy server. I swear on my character (means more to me than saying swear to God since i'm atheist) he literally said "afk my surgery patient is dying." Here's the best part, within minutes BLU AF2 body drops and he lots it within seconds of it dropping. Then says "He's still bleeding brb."

LOL

Either he's full of crap, or wow... I pray i'm never subject to healthcare down in mexico. He was the King of AFKs and DC'ing. Maybe it was legitimate. Even so, would you want your entire linkshell's roster to consist of these types of members?
 Hades.Paxton
By Hades.Paxton 2010-02-15 21:55:34  
I'd just dock your points. As long as you don't afk in a spot where something repops, everything is good. You'd get D2'd to keep any drops from being lost at the end after like 15-20 minutes of not returning.

If you know it's going to be more than a few minutes, log out. Come back when you are ready, either way, you are going to get a point deduction so staying logged isn't going to help in any way.

It's Dynamis, an archaic event that is way too long and way too repetitive. Hell, I don't even show that much dedication during my day at work. In four hours, I'll take at least five breaks. Mind you they are small breaks, but nonetheless.

If you fell asleep because you were exhausted, I wouldn't kick you, but would tell you to get some sleep. Nothing in this event is worth that much. YAY, getting that ice drop isn't worth crashing into that tree the next morning with your child because you fell asleep at the wheel.

imo, poor judgment on both parts, but with the info provided, not very forgiving of your DLS. Sounds like you were a member that they didn't care much about.
 Hades.Ozirus
By Hades.Ozirus 2010-02-16 08:47:35  
the thing is i didnt want any drops, i have been going to dyn to help ls and for payouts, and didnt even want to come on this day as i told this to a sack.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-16 15:21:49  
Hades.Ozirus said:
the thing is i didnt want any drops, i have been going to dyn to help ls and for payouts, and didnt even want to come on this day as i told this to a sack.

So you admitted to attending a dynamis run basically afk'ing just to leech payouts? Says a lot about your character.
 Hades.Paxton
By Hades.Paxton 2010-02-16 15:51:57  
Hades.Ozirus said:
i have only gone afk during dyn a total of 10 times of the year that i have been in DA, and each were alerted in ls or pt chat. except that last afk i fell asleep feeding my newborn

The last one I'm guessing you weren't planning on attending but some DA sack guilted you into going. Am I getting warm?

Damn kid, you getting all beat up here. Go watch those vids of those Chinese gil farmers. That's how everyone wants you to play!

Apply to HB, we run the same times and we won't make you WC in a bucket next to your computer.
 Hades.Ozirus
By Hades.Ozirus 2010-02-16 15:54:37  
mamed you got my words flipped, mixed and then tossed them out. i said exactly as wrote. i have afk'ed about 10 times in about a year(i have full blue afv2 and many others. that would mean i attended 65 plus runs each afk was no longer then 3 to 5 min. as for last comment, i was attending dyn to help ls and payouts (hense this why i was asked to come by the sack, i wasnt going to go like i told the sack because iwas tired). mamed plz read each of my post 3 times and pm me if you dont understand them.
 Hades.Ozirus
By Hades.Ozirus 2010-02-16 16:01:09  
pax you are 100% correct and getting kicked seem'ed to be the best thing that happened to me, right after the boot execute picked me up from the curb side and i am now doin end game vents. btw ask mort if i have afk like this thread claimes
 Hades.Paxton
By Hades.Paxton 2010-02-16 16:22:08  
Excellent! Mort is good people.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-17 17:59:10  
Hades.Ozirus said:
mamed you got my words flipped, mixed and then tossed them out. i said exactly as wrote. i have afk'ed about 10 times in about a year(i have full blue afv2 and many others. that would mean i attended 65 plus runs each afk was no longer then 3 to 5 min. as for last comment, i was attending dyn to help ls and payouts (hense this why i was asked to come by the sack, i wasnt going to go like i told the sack because iwas tired). mamed plz read each of my post 3 times and pm me if you dont understand them.

If you are going to comment on my literacy you might as well spell my name right.

If you've been kicked for afk issues and have only afk'ed 10 times in year (bravo for keeping track) then why would your linkshell have any issues with you & your attendance?

Sounds like there's more to this story than you let on.
 Hades.Ozirus
By Hades.Ozirus 2010-02-17 21:53:33  
actually sir mame, not all the sacks agreed to this kicked thing. infact most thought it was pure bs and unfair. waide was the one that kicked me as kline was not leading the ls at the time due to internet issues. since he wasnt leading ls at the time he cant over rule the punishment. but instead of trying to bash me do some home work on waide you will find corruption. since you not in hades i can see why you are in the mist on this subject.
 Hades.Rivian
user: Rivian
By Hades.Rivian 2010-02-18 23:43:34  
Wow, I can't leave you kids alone for 5 mins... The one time I can go through the forums I run along this. I am a Sack in DA (unfortunately was not at this run due to time constraints and is my first of hearing of it) and the Co-leader of Execute, but this topic seems to have derailed to another person who seems to be the deepseated cause of other issues. Can't we all just get along and show the other servers that hell isn't so bad, erm I meant Hades...
Anyhow while I am here <3 Pax, I have always admired your stern but fair leadership from afar (haha love the recruiting pitch you smart SOB), Mort and I have taken alot of things we were both taught into Execute with us. Kline I'll see you around as always, and to the others see you in game. Just play nice...
 Hades.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-02-18 23:56:19  
Ozirus I see you are following my advice and pissing people off. I'm proud of you.
 Hades.Kline
By Hades.Kline 2010-02-19 06:02:06  
Ok, to go into more detail of that situation. It has only been mentioned about the afk thing, but that wasnt the last straw that got him kicked. That was a run i was not present at mind you but i do stand by the sacks decision. Here is what actually happened. There was a schedule conflict with another ls that day and we apprently made a deal that once we got clear we would drop glasses and have everyone leave to try to free up the zone as soon as possible. Ozirus who does have a history of afk. Did so, fall asleep which no i understand that kind of thing. But our number 1 rule is, if ur afk or might afk, (now we mandate it for everyone period) but none the less the rule is if afk/going to afk, bazaar ur glass. Ozirus did know he was tired and falling asleep and yet failed to bazaar his glass. So when we got the clear, we told everyone to drop glasses and raise dead people and whatnot. so we did that. ozirus had a raise casted on him for about 45 mins that he was in the zone after people left. Everyone then left, he woke up im assuming right as he was kicked from the zone and noone was left to raise him cause everyone left, (45 mins prior) so he started to rant and rave in the ls about not getting a raise. and starting fights and whatnot. Then he said to a sack holder at the end of this arguement that "Im leaving this ls at the end of the month after payout" and that sack holder then spoke with a few of the other sacks and they agreed they would not let him leech runs like that for payout. So thats why he was kicked. and yes he afk'd maybe 10 times or so out of the whole time he was in ls (which mind you i can pretty much guarentee that is a bigger number, but lets just say 10 for arguements sake) his attendance was horrible which i understand and dont penalize for (other then no points for runs he misses) but on the runs he finally does show up for he either needed something or we asked him to come due to low numbers. And usually the runs we ask him to come on when looking at the active list are the runs he mysteriously afks. DA as a linkshell does not punish people for AFKing other then point loss. We do however have little tolerance for starting fights in ls chat and disreguarding the linkshell rules. i.e not bazaaring glass. The decision wasnt made to kick him untill ozirus told the leader of that run that he was quitting as soon as the ls did payouts (which he didnt even qualify for anyhow, if i remember correctly he had like a 30% attendance for the entire month)

I didnt want to bring all this up into the public due to respect for ozirus but i wont let him make my ls look like a bunch of ffxi nazi's our ls isnt excellence.
But we do have rules that need to be followed so things go smooth like either bazaaring ur glass, or (even though not stated but good idea none the less) like paxton said even log off untill u get back from ur afk.

We are a very lenient LS. People come and people go from ls's but even to this date with all the people who come and go we have still only actually kicked maybe 3 or 4 people, i can really only think of 2 but i may be forgetting 1 or 2.
 Hades.Ozirus
By Hades.Ozirus 2010-02-19 10:19:22  
kline i can bring things out to the light about how old sacs was caught selling coins and such, i do and did not ever have a afk issue and i will now use my resorces that can confirm this, lunas urs are 2 main da players that can confirm this they were there the day of the run.