Anyway To Prep For The 1 On 1 SMN Fights.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Anyway to prep for the 1 on 1 SMN fights.
Anyway to prep for the 1 on 1 SMN fights.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-08 10:04:30  
I decided to try out my luck with the lvl20 1 on 1 SMN fight with Titan since the folks from my LS were busy . Got him down to less than 1/3 of his life before getting rapped . Any advice on how to prep for these fights or am I stuck with fighting the primes??
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2010-02-08 10:10:59  
I've honestly never done these quests, but I'd suggest minor things like keeping the bar-spell for the avy up and trying to go on the day the avatar is weak to. Titan = wind day etc.
Other than that Carby mitts are a must. Refresh drinks. I think a high level can buff you before you get warped and they won't be removed, but I can't say for certain. It would be worth a try.
Aside from that normal carby kiting rules should apply.
Good luck.
[+]
 Shiva.Arroon
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arroon
By Shiva.Arroon 2010-02-08 10:16:18  
Depends what method really.

I went for the Searing Light x3 method and got win on them all.

Best bit of advice i can give for any strat is to pick up an Eremite's Wand

the -25% Interuption Rate can mean the difference between a win and a loss (in the off chance you are actually getting hit!).

Aside from that, Yag drinks to keep perp down, Hi ethers(essential if using 2hr method) and a few hi pots just in case.

I know it can be done using hundreds of sacrifical carbies but i dont know to much about that method so hopefully you will get adive from others on that^^

Hope this helps a little
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-08 10:16:26  
Thanks man, if he rapes me again I am calling my DA and pressing charges !!LOL. I do appreciate the advice . I should probably wait for my LS or see if I can find a few merc to do the heavy lifting if I bite the dust again.
 Phoenix.Wayako
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Wayako
By Phoenix.Wayako 2010-02-08 10:22:06  
Its been awhile since I did the level 20 mini-trials...But if I remember correctly I brought a few ethers along as well as hi-potions and a yag drink or two (and a regen drink).

For gear I had a fair amount of emphasis on def and spell interupt-. I think I even ate def food.

I did the whole kite/2hr approach when I fought/won these.

I hope that helps, gl. ^_^
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-08 10:31:40  
SWEET!!! I am going to try it again . Thanks guys!!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-08 11:04:08  
Some people like to get Prot/Shell 2/3 before getting warped there as a bit of a boost. If you can get a passing WHM, RDM or SCH to toss you them, could only help!
 Seraph.Yvan
サーバ: Seraph
user: yvan
By Seraph.Yvan 2010-02-08 11:07:00  
I did pretty much what everyone else is saying in the thread, bring along a couple of yagudo drinks, and some ethers and see if a whm will get you buffed up before you go in, having that protect/shell can really help. I also ate fish mithkabobs which were very helpful for me, stats on those:

Food Effects: (30 minutes, All Races)

* Dexterity +1
* Vitality +2
* Mind -1
* Defense +25% (Cap: 90@360 Base Defense)

I also remember watching a bunch of videos on youtube to try and figure out the best path, I'd recommend watching a few of those as well.
 Phoenix.Haltro
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 11:12:47  
Lube up to make it easier on yourself.
 Titan.Striderhiryu
サーバ: Titan
user: Gannonman
By Titan.Striderhiryu 2010-02-08 11:32:34  
I did it with the same method Arroon used with the Searing Light x3. Pretty much I just bought some Ethers/Hi Ethers/Yag Drinks. Along with that wand he mentioned used Aquaveil I know not many of us mages thinks it's real helpful, but I doubt I woulda beat Leviathan without it. Also when you go in if you use this method let Carby get a bit of hate before you 2 hour, the worst thing you can do is run up pop 2 hour right away and have it miss cause you have hate, so either let Carby get hate or stand next to Titan when you use it. Personally I didn't have to use any special food or anything, but again just depends on your method. Good Luck
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-08 11:49:00  
A strat i have heard works with the Mini is not to pop 2hr right off , the fight timer is 30 minutes so there is no real need to 'zerg' it . Kiting the Avatar with Carby (melee only to control hate build) to deal an initial amount of DMG to begin with rather than using 2hr BPRs and THEN kiting the rest of its HP might prove more successful . As you posted originally , you got Titan to <33% HP remaining . Maybe if you kite him to say 65-70% Remaining HP , you can easily kill him with Searing Light , the rest of the way .

There is no best solution , IMHO . The best strat is the one that works best for you and your style . With your Mitts , Yag Drinks to kite with may prove to be Overkill since you're lookin at like 1 MP perp cost . Melon or Even Pineapple juices would probly work fine at least to negate the Perp cost . You only need like 40 or 45 MP for Searing Light @ Lv20 and with Astral Flow Up , there is No Perp cost , the refresh will help recover MP for next Burst . In an uncapped Prime fight , you can Carby Kite them to 40-50% (2hr use) in 10-15 minutes , Levi and Garuda can be upto 20 . So figure @ Lv20 it will be about the same time , then from there you'll have 3 minutes of AF use to defeat. you should bring a Vile Elixer or some thing that can help fully or near fully cover all MP to use after the 3rd Searing Light , just in case something goes wrong you'll have full MP to fall back on to finish the Job thru Kiting .
 Caitsith.Lerond
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Lerond
By Caitsith.Lerond 2010-02-08 11:53:46  
Make a macro for everything you are going to, could save you valuable time when the avatar is chasing you and you need to recast or use item.

Ramuh might be annoying it can paralyze carby (which goes to you also) and it can stun carby, those moves can be make or break so dont worry if you need a few attempts on any of them especialy ramuh.

Try /blu for cocoon if you like.

Good Luck!
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-11 00:39:08  
Hey I got my avatars!! I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to post. All your advice was happily welcomed!!