Vancouver Olympics Opening Ceremonies

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Vancouver Olympics Opening Ceremonies
Vancouver Olympics Opening Ceremonies
First Page 2
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-11 00:34:51  
I just returned from the dress rehearsal for the opening ceremonies, a friend volunteering got me tickets. We were asked not to say anything, and I'm not going to but I just have to tell everyone: It was amazing, many big artists that I guarantee most of you if not all of you will know, and it shows that it's the most money ever spent on an opening ceremony. If you have a TV, play hooky, bring it to work, if you can do your best to watch them, you won't regret it. Oh yeah and if you're actually GOING to them: don't eat the nachos..
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-12 22:26:23  
I hear that Vancouver is really pulling out everything. I regret that I heard word about the Georgian Olympian who had an accident on the Luge today... Very sorry...I'm glad that they got a standing ovation though!

Everything is like OMGWOWHOLYCOWCOOL... everything the clothes, the the Ice mountian, the Routines, just everything....I mean Every year, whoever gets the City...Pulls all the strings!!!!

Who else is watching it today BTW? I hope all Canadians at least spend 30 minutes watchng it.. just pay some respect and show some support for our country!

and Grats to the Aborginal Ppl participating.. Just Congradulations to everyone!
 Seraph.Yuzuchan
サーバ: Seraph
user: Yuzuchan
By Seraph.Yuzuchan 2010-02-12 22:37:11  
I've been watching it ^^ The special effects are beautiful. The part with the whales was woah <3
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-02-12 23:09:13  
Im not Canadian but I feel rather proud..I think its my North American pride..I can have continental pride right?

I got choked up :3

I lol'd at the technical problem with the torch lighting though...

but I loved the special effects. That part with the whales spewing water was cool and so was the ice breaking scene..imagine if they did that in 3d with 3d glasses!

I think though the best part was the fiddles. So much energy. A friend on lj is spewing with glee because she's friends with the main? fiddler Ashley Macisaaic...she can barely contain herself.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-02-12 23:10:58  
Sucks at that luger that died. He hit the pole going 88MPH.... Who wants to guess how long it takes before "Back to the future" jokes will be made?
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-02-12 23:14:17  
Yes thats a terrible way to start the olympics >.o It'd be nice if Georgia can win a medal to boost some moral. Make the olympics worth it. I bet its really hard on the teammates.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-12 23:29:06  
It would be nice if Georgia won a Medal in the luge. Or w.e he was doing idk the details. My brother was working the slide when it happened, he's pretty shaken up about it <.< Unfortunately no one clued in to the fact that I was bragging about seeing the Olympic Ceremonies before basically the entire world :O
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-12 23:35:07  
Sylph.Sindri said:
It would be nice if Georgia won a Medal in the luge. Or w.e he was doing idk the details. My brother was working the slide when it happened, he's pretty shaken up about it <.< Unfortunately no one clued in to the fact that I was bragging about seeing the Olympic Ceremonies before basically the entire world :O

Honorary medal or something maybe? I generally don't take note of deaths from the Olympics but I don't think it happens often and IMO it'd be decent to give some sort of recognition.

I mean, I expect the guys life ambition was to make it to the Olympics and he dies on the first day ~
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-13 00:05:47  
Hey World,

Sorry about Pillar #4... but you know it happens to everyone sometimes.

Are we still cool?

Sincerely,
~Canada
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-13 00:15:00  
He died before they were officially open xD

Edit: wow can't believe I "XD"d that. I just meant the irony is kind of haunting, its hard not to be amused by it. RIP <,<
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-13 00:18:44  
Sylph.Sindri said:
He died before they were officially open xD

Edit: wow can't believe I "XD"d that. I just meant the irony is kind of haunting, its hard not to be amused by it. RIP <,<
If you want haunting, yesterday I was having a rather 'spirited' discussion with a coworker about how many Luge and Skeleton athletes must be killed during training due to the relative lack of anything stopping you from slamming into the track at 160kph.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-13 00:20:55  
well it was only 88kph or something, totally different.

Also, I can't pronounce this guys name so lets call him bob. Bob the Skeleton :D!! I'm going to hell xD
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-13 00:22:13  
140 kph // 88 mph iirc

Sorta irrelevant but ya!
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-13 00:27:30  
Lol so is Bob, this was about the Dress Rehearsal!
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-13 01:24:15  
I just watched the footage of the crash on the news... Very few things make me cringe and that made me cringe... He literally went from 88 MPH to no MPH in 0 seconds flat...
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-02-13 06:42:22  
The opening ceremony is available on torrent websites if you missed it and want to see it in good quality. ^^

But yea.. what happened to Nodar Kumaritashvili is indeed very very sad.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-13 08:04:13  
LOLCanada
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-02-13 08:10:33  
I don't think you are in a good position to laugh at other countries Mach! <3 ^.-
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-13 08:12:21  
Yea kinda :/ but kiss me im irish :p!
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-13 08:12:52  
Liquidz btw what happened with Sevenxi ?
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-02-13 08:16:06  
Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
Yea kinda :/ but kiss me im irish :p!

/kiss
Liquidz btw what happened with Sevenxi ?

Pretty much died after Delync left the game in November! Haven't see Kyo or Skype around for a while too! I managed to grab a E body abj for my war 37 in Einherjar before the LS died! lol...
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-13 08:19:12  
It was a great LS i missed out so much since my account was stolen :/ ... Im guessing Delync went bk to pheonix to join old Zaibatsus :) They still PWN :D Could you do me a favour and tell Joori that kuukuu says hi ^^ ?
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-02-13 08:31:49  
They recently joined my sea LS, I'll make sure to pass on the message next sea night!
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-13 08:35:13  
Take care of her shes an awesome person and very reliable too :)! Tell her to check her messages on this site didnt talk to her in ages :( ! You in any end game shell atm ?
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-13 08:44:03  
[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-02-13 08:46:51  
Fairy.Vegetto said:

lol that's so wrong...

Take care of her shes an awesome person and very reliable too :)! Tell her to check her messages on this site didnt talk to her in ages :( ! You in any end game shell atm ?

End game is over for me, I gave my fair share lol. I might go back to some end game if they open some new area or "activity" in a future update like some kind of dynamis!
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-13 09:03:10  
Damn this whole thing just feels slightly wrong i mean its way too early :/
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-13 13:07:46  
I hear the IOC and the Vancouver event crew are going to Modify the track a few ppl who have already crashed and walked away basically in their own Langauge said

"*&^% this..."

Altenately, changes are/ have been made, alot of insight from the Olympians, are some are feeling slighted and some are rebelling b.c of chalking up the death to inexperience...

Who knows.. all about saftey IMO.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-02-13 13:20:51  
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-13 14:20:05  
Yayaaaa Poland second in ski jumping im proud ^^
First Page 2