Would You Consider This Solo?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Would you consider this solo?
Would you consider this solo?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-12 10:35:53  
LMFAO
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-12 10:40:19  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
Automatons are controlled by the PUP
Partially.
soo youre saying it casts on you uncommanded ? i dunno lolPUP but i have read the Wiki page on it . pretty sure it doesnt do anything unless you tell it to do so .
damn man cant i make a post with out you telling me i'm wrong ? Is that you mom ? are you cyber stalking me makin sure i know i am wrong not just in RL but in game too . no refuge anywhere , damn .

/wrists
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-12 10:45:46  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
Partially.
soo youre saying it casts on you uncommanded ? i dunno lolPUP but i have read the Wiki page on it . pretty sure it doesnt do anything unless you tell it to do so .
damn man cant i make a post with out you telling me i'm wrong ? Is that you mom ? are you cyber stalking me makin sure i know i am wrong not just in RL but in game too . no refuge anywhere , damn .

/wrists

As long as you say lolPUP you're going to get corrected.

Also, automatons do cast spells without being commanded. Mine will do dia on the enemy as long as it has the mp. Mine is only ~11 so I can't speak for the higher level spells.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-12 10:49:54  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
Partially.

/wrists
If you can't make a post w/o me telling you that you're wrong, then stop being wrong. I don't even know who the *** you are or remember any run-ins we may have had in the past, lol.

And yes, it will cast -nas if you have a status effect, no matter what else you tell it to do, as it's the AI's top priority, and you can't change that. So you are wrong.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-12 14:39:15  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
Partially.
soo youre saying it casts on you uncommanded ? i dunno lolPUP but i have read the Wiki page on it . pretty sure it doesnt do anything unless you tell it to do so . damn man cant i make a post with out you telling me i'm wrong ? Is that you mom ? are you cyber stalking me makin sure i know i am wrong not just in RL but in game too . no refuge anywhere , damn . /wrists
If you can't make a post w/o me telling you that you're wrong, then stop being wrong. I don't even know who the *** you are or remember any run-ins we may have had in the past, lol. And yes, it will cast -nas if you have a status effect, no matter what else you tell it to do, as it's the AI's top priority, and you can't change that. So you are wrong.
so then it does cast on you without having to issue a command . the wiki page doesnt say anything about this . just says it'll use different spells based on Manuever element and skill Lv . I was alway under the impression that only NPCs acted based on programmed AI . The only 'AI' aspect of SMN is the aforementioned Auto Attack , which at time can be annoying (like Sea ). some one should edit the lolPUP wiki .....
By semimmortal 2010-02-12 15:28:52  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
so then it does cast on you without having to issue a command . the wiki page doesnt say anything about this . just says it'll use different spells based on Manuever element and skill Lv . I was alway under the impression that only NPCs acted based on programmed AI . The only 'AI' aspect of SMN is the aforementioned Auto Attack , which at time can be annoying (like Sea ). some one should edit the lolPUP wiki .....
Assuming you're looking at the AI of the Soulsoother head piece (AKA the WHM automaton) the wiki's correct.
Based on your maneuvers (and heavily dependent on your attachments) it will cast the line of spells the belongs to that element.

For example, using the dark maneuver will narrow down its list of spells to cast based on the dark line of spells like Bio, Blind, etc.
BUT! There are things that can't be controlled, such as the line of -na spells.
It will cast poisona on you (when poisoned) even if your HP's at 1%.

Of course there are ways to make it cast that Cure V you desperately need, but you'll need to level the job to find out ;)

There are other similar cases with the other heads and body parts (like the BLM automaton casting Aspir at the 3rd or 4th time even when its MP is still high and not using any dark maneuver). Which forces most PUPs to deactivate it when the automaton casts its spells the 2nd or 3rd time (which isn't a problem as you'll 1st recover its MP completely).
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-02-12 18:03:46  
either way, you can influence your Automation about as much as you can influence your NPC.

Whats the difference between a MNK who uses a NPC and a PUP who uses a WHM Automation?
By semimmortal 2010-02-12 18:43:33  
Asura.Korpg said:
either way, you can influence your Automation about as much as you can influence your NPC.

Whats the difference between a MNK who uses a NPC and a PUP who uses a WHM Automation?
I can see where you're going at :P

It's true that we can say a PUP + WHM.auto is almost similar to MNK + WHM.npc

Differences though are the base skill of each job:
PUPs has C H2H
MNKs has A+ H2H (!)

Now the differences in skill level is huge, PUPs would need to gimp their attack in order to raise their accuracy (wouldn't know much about MNKs, but I guess they're at an advantage compared to us).

Might change dramatically if using the Usukane set.

Same goes with the NPCs (including automatons).
IIRC, NPC's skill has an A+ in w/e weapons they are equiped with (same as magic skill? Not too sure, mines only level 40 ><).
While the automaton, like the master using the WHM route, has C.
Can be improved using the attachments, but that would mean sacrificing slots for other more important parts etc.

This is not including the buffs you can get out of a NPC too (Protect, Shell, ability to stay alive using Stoneskin/Blink, Cures, and the most important, Haste!).
Only buffs you can get out of pets (in general) are curative magic/abilities.
Haste can dramatically make a huge difference to change the tide of the battle.
Faster recasts (shadows, buffs, etc), better DoT to finish the fight faster.

Conclusion, pets in general are there to make the master's job complete. Removing them would only destroy the job and its purpose.
As for NPCs, I'd count them as a person.
But could get away saying "Soloed w/ NPC".

(note: please excuse my poor grammar/spellings, just trying to get my thoughts through :P)
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-02-12 19:45:20  
What about a Pup with Automaton and using an NPC?
 Bahamut.Yukimu
user: Yukimu
By Bahamut.Yukimu 2010-02-12 21:15:34  
People are missing the point that anyone can use a NPC. So the "far" or "not fair" debate does not make sense.

Fight-on!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-12 21:23:36  
It takes up a party slot is a pretty big point, you can cure it and buff it at will, making it even more so a PT member, so its pretty far from an actual solo, when you go from a job with no haste, to having haste thats a staggering advantage. As well as -na and curing and extra dmg to the monster. I would GLADLY accept "Soloed with NPC" Because that's what you did, they basically at least 1/2 a pt member(as they DO take a pt slot) so it is more then 1 which means its more then solo.
 Ifrit.Preluder
サーバ: Ifrit
user: preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-02-12 21:26:18  
IMO Anything that does not include another Human Player is a solo. I soloed call of duty on veteran and had a lot of help from AI. Just my thoughts tho
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-12 21:30:22  
Ifrit.Preluder said:
IMO Anything that does not include another Human Player is a solo. I soloed call of duty on veteran and had a lot of help from AI. Just my thoughts tho
I still like "solo'd w/ npc" For exmaple, while Serket is a rather easy solo to begin with, not a noteworthy mention, it would be even less so of a worthy mention had used my NPC (which I have before and it rly adds nothing to the already easy fight)
 Siren.Stewie
サーバ: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-02-12 21:39:11  
Always though of it as Duo'd with NPC. I don't know if people realize how much one cure or one haste can help when fighting things that can easily kill you if they connect 3 hits in a row, one being a crit.
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-12 21:40:43  
Solo w/ my *** out.
[+]
 Ifrit.Preluder
サーバ: Ifrit
user: preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-02-12 21:52:32  
Soloed w/ NPC works for me. its just not as impressive as it could be without the npc. Kinda like Barry Bonds * lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-12 23:44:17  
I'd like to see a pup cast ballad or barspell or refresh cure or anything on there auto. Or TA them. I'd like to see a person smn there npc more then 17 times in a single rl week.
 Garuda.Sheila
サーバ: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-02-12 23:51:01  
I wouldn't really count that as solo...solo to me means...me, myself and I. Reminds me of what one of my friends used to say..."I solo'ed Bune!...with a rdm healing me outside the PT" lol.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-13 00:14:24  
Hellllo avatar.
[+]
 Seraph.Doebie
サーバ: Seraph
user: Doebie
By Seraph.Doebie 2010-02-18 05:01:46  
I love solo'ing with my NPC on RDM, when I convert he provokes it like he will get hate. Such a cute little galka~
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-02-19 03:44:39  
Im glad someone brought this up because im always reading on the wiki about ppl claiming to have solo`d various NM`s.

Its always the same line, "This fight was easy prey for my </insert job here> only got me to 50% hp but my npc kept me cured"

Lets say you were soloìng Alkyoneous(OK, its not that big a task, but anyway) he gets u down to about 10% and its lookin bleak, you got no way of killing it without dying, then suddenly some random person cures you.

Can u claim to have solo`d it then? knowing full well you`d have been dead without that cure.

Also so u cant skillchain with a vile elixer, so u cant compare an npc to medicine items