フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » KA on PLD/DNC
KA on PLD/DNC
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-02-12 14:46:21  
PLD/DNC solable? Decent gear: Joyeuse, Brutal, 18% Haste, Rajas, etc. Easily possible with atonement spam? or would calling NPC for help be better?
 Gilgamesh.Akivatoo
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Akivatoo
By Gilgamesh.Akivatoo 2010-02-12 14:49:46  
you need to call u'r npc to down it
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-12 14:49:54  
Isn't it easier to solo as /RDM? This is just from what I've heard--hopefully other people can confirm/refute this speculation. XD
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-12 14:50:55  
Easier as /rdm.
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-02-12 14:52:39  
I've soloed it as PLD/RDM, was pretty tough. I suggest bringing a few yag drinks, tav taco etc.

I killed it around 20 min mark.
 Ifrit.Phlow
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-02-15 06:20:47  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Isn't it easier to solo as /RDM? This is just from what I've heard--hopefully other people can confirm/refute this speculation. XD

It's really dependent on the situation. With KA, I'd probably say I'd like DNC better because of Aspir spam.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2010-03-25 19:06:15  
I'm kinda sad 99PLD/49DNC wont have Aspir Samba II.... *Uber sad face*
 Pandemonium.Despain
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-03-30 22:24:51  
PLD/DNC can definitely do it. Joytoy it up; you'll never run out of MP.
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-30 22:31:15  
Pandemonium.Despain said:
PLD/DNC can definitely do it. Joytoy it up; you'll never run out of MP.

Needa know what you're doing though, if you have a blurple in your ivnentory youll lose auto :P
 Asura.Despayn
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-30 22:44:56  
What?
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-30 23:59:57  
Asura.Despayn said:
What?

I'm saying any PLD "nooby" enough to own a blurple doesn't stand a chance, people are making it sound like this is gonna be cake, you still have to be a good player to do this.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-31 00:03:30  
You do? Only hard part about KA is claiming it. Soloing you just need a general understanding of his TP attacks, and if you're capable of doing enough damage before it rages, none of which is exactly rocket science.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-31 00:16:38  
Asura.Despayn said:
You do? Only hard part about KA is claiming it. Soloing you just need a general understanding of his TP attacks, and if you're capable of doing enough damage before it rages, none of which is exactly rocket science.
Without proper gear, merits and timing low-man he's still a bi of a challenge, trio'd him SCH WAR BLU once, if you're not capable of taking the hits Hundred fists can be nasty too, though generally he has low accuracy sometimes he gets a lucky streak.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-31 00:47:20  
Sylph.Sindri said:
Asura.Despayn said:
What?

I'm saying any PLD "nooby" enough to own a blurple doesn't stand a chance, people are making it sound like this is gonna be cake, you still have to be a good player to do this.

blurple in my inventory, soloed three times pld/dnc, sorry to disappoint
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-31 00:48:58  
Sylph.Sindri said:
Asura.Despayn said:
What?

It is cake for a PLD... don't get oneshotted by Waterga IV, pop Sentinel for Hundred Fists. The only thing that anybody above braindead should be concerned about is whether they can kill it fast enough.
Sylph.Sindri said:
Without proper gear, merits and timing low-man he's still a bi of a challenge, trio'd him SCH WAR BLU once, if you're not capable of taking the hits Hundred fists can be nasty too, though generally he has low accuracy sometimes he gets a lucky streak.
I'll give you proper gear since some people still don't use Haste gear, though that's setting an awfully low bar for proper. I'd love to know what merits have such a massive impact on the course of this fight, especially for a PLD/DNC. I'd also love to know if proper timing extends beyond the painfully obvious duties of curing yourself when you take damage and popping Sentinel to counter Hundred Fists.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-31 00:55:58  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
Asura.Despayn said:
What?

It is cake for a PLD... don't get oneshotted by Waterga IV, pop Sentinel for Hundred Fists. The only thing that anybody above braindead should be concerned about is whether they can kill it fast enough.
Sylph.Sindri said:
I'll give you proper gear since some people still don't use Haste gear, though that's setting an awfully low bar for proper. I'd love to know what merits have such a massive impact on the course of this fight, especially for a PLD/DNC. I'd also love to know if proper timing extends beyond the painfully obvious duties of curing yourself when you take damage and popping Sentinel to counter Hundred Fists.

Well aside from the fact that I was speaking more generally, it would be smarter just to flat out Invincible Hundred Fists. Not trying to start a flame war, was just bringing up a valid point. And he's still a tough mob to solo, as someone stated /RDM, and that offers Phalanx and Bar-spells which /DNC does not. /DNC offers some MP restoration, but that's easily made up from Yags. Was just saying that you need to know what your doing still, because half the PLDs in game don't. Chill

Also, what does "I'll give you proper gear" mean?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-31 01:01:26  
Sylph.Sindri said:
Well aside from the fact that I was speaking more generally, it would be smarter just to flat out Invincible Hundred Fists. Not trying to start a flame war, was just bringing up a valid point. And he's still a tough mob to solo, as someone stated /RDM, and that offers Phalanx and Bar-spells which /DNC does not. /DNC offers some MP restoration, but that's easily made up from Yags. Was just saying that you need to know what your doing still, because half the PLDs in game don't. Chill

I fail to see the validity in your point. Adaman gear in your enmity set doesn't automatically make you a bad player.

If you think he's tough to solo, i'm really sorry, game must be rough for you

he meant that he agreed with you that there's a baseline of gear necessary to solo KA
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-31 01:02:50  
It means I concede that point because a surprising number of people that play this game can barely put together a single semi-functional gear set, much less multiple effective ones. Thus, the baseline for quality of gear needed to solo KA is above the established floor rather than at/below it. A player with even a basic understanding of how to gear PLD will already have the necessary gear though, so it's still a pretty low baseline.

As for more generally... If your job can't reliably handle Hundred Fists you don't need to be attempting KA solo. The principle extends to groups fighting him as well, just replace "job" with "group". I chose Sentinel because it's all you need and I'm conservative with 2hrs. /RDM is more effective but either works so it's a wash. He's a joke and if you can't at least survive 20 minutes on a job that can solo him you need to take a really hard look at your skillset. The only differences between him and your typical EXP solo fight is time elapsed, a 2hr that's easily dealt with, and a (somewhat) high damage (when unresisted) instant cast move.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-31 01:08:45  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Sylph.Sindri said:

I fail to see the validity in your point. Adaman gear in your enmity set doesn't automatically make you a bad player.

If you think he's tough to solo, i'm really sorry, game must be rough for you

he meant that he agreed with you that there's a baseline of gear necessary to solo KA

It was an example, because most people don't have adaman in their macros, they either just full-time it or have it. King Arthro is difficult to solo because you have to get EVERYTHING right, bad luck and your gone. If that's easy for you FANTASTIC, it's more difficult for some than others, as has been listed in the solo testimonials that say "Difficult".
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-31 01:16:06  
Waterga IV is scary ***brah. Gotta play perfectly or it's all over for you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-31 01:16:10  
Sylph.Sindri said:

yeah that sounds less like an example and more like calling me a noob

i admit it would be difficult if you do it on your level 12 pld, maybe that's what you meant?

but maybe you should try soloing it on paladin before you start telling others how difficult or easy it is to do?

a terrible enough player could post to wiki and say chonchon is a difficult solo
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-31 01:16:27  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Waterga IV is scary ***brah. Gotta play perfectly or it's all over for you.

lolllllllllllllll
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-31 01:50:22  
K, I can see this is going nowhere, believe what you want, you need to know what your doing to solo him.
 Cerberus.Arazien
user: Arazien
By Cerberus.Arazien 2010-03-31 11:28:42  
Sylph.Sindri said:
K, I can see this is going nowhere, believe what you want, you need to know what your doing to solo him.

While I think that is understandable advice, the issue is a level 12 Paladin has 0 experience soloing higher up NMs and as such, is viewed as not knowing what he's talking about.
 Cerberus.Darkanaseur
By Cerberus.Darkanaseur 2010-03-31 11:35:12  
Sylph.Sindri said:

True, but only adaman feet suck, so your generalisation is a bit unfair.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-31 11:50:17  
Cerberus.Arazien said:
Sylph.Sindri said:

While I think that is understandable advice, the issue is a level 12 Paladin has 0 experience soloing higher up NMs and as such, is viewed as not knowing what he's talking about.
The level of his PLD did not sway my view on this matter. ***isn't hard, the only difference between what I've said and what I would say if he had PLD75 would be the additional of lrn2PLD.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-31 12:03:36  
This game has little to challenge anyone with nowadays anyway. Rest assured, King Arthro is not one of them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-04-01 09:18:25  
KA is just horrible to claim, maybe I just suck at claiming though, always did go PLD/RDM but can never flash claim him so gonna try PLD/WAR voke claim.

Problem being I don't have atonement which is where the majority of damage should really be coming from, if I ever claim him gonna have to get help but i'm sure people would jump at the chance of a V belt!
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-01 09:52:30  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Arazien said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
The level of his PLD did not sway my view on this matter. ***isn't hard, the only difference between what I've said and what I would say if he had PLD75 would be the additional of lrn2PLD.

The argument that I don't know anything about PLD (or implying that) is pretty tired. That's lke a PLD telling a RDM to Haste him and the RDM saying "Shut up, you know nothing about my job"!

Claiming shouldn't be too hard, just spam Dia (/RDM) or Animated Flourish (/DNC) and you'll get it in a few pops if you're lucky, however; this PLD doesn't have Atonement, I think it's safe to say that he isn't as experienced in stuff like this, as some of you are (not intended to offend). While it should be easy for a more experienced player, it's most likely significantly more difficult for someone with less experience.

Also, really all but the ADAMAN body sucks, and the body is only good if you don't have Iron Ram which you really should for Gods, Jailers and Wyrms.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-01 09:55:35  
Durrrrr, I never said you don't know ***about PLD. You mad?
First Page 2