Every Kiss Begins With Kay?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Every kiss begins with Kay?
Every kiss begins with Kay?
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-13 20:26:10  
Omg! Tree I had no idea that was you. New Avvy is not very Ent like
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-13 20:27:03  
Better?
 Kujata.Erim
サーバ: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-02-13 20:27:08  
I didn't mean to accuse you of that, I'm sorry xD lol
People getting caught up in obligations and not those genuine feelings is part of the problem. Some people don't celebrate it because they consider it an obligation, but at the same time its almost like rejecting their feelings for that person for that day... at least thats how I've always felt.

Anyway I understand what it is you're saying and I hope you have a wonderful V. Day!
Hope he doesn't spring a diamond ring on you from Kay Jewelers... awkwarrrd.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-02-13 20:29:48  
Odin.Sinharvest said:
Also, is it me, or does that bear look a little evil.

+Phone Conversation+
Sin: "so are you all snuggled up with my gift?"
gf: "omg i love it! he's so cute! *muffled* did that thing just f'ing move? *scream*"
Sin: "honey?"

......"honey?"
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-13 20:31:20  
Siren.Enternius said:
Better?

Very much so!

I'm very bored. I may play MW2 in a while. (Sorry for somewhat derailing topic)
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-13 20:32:39  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Better?

Very much so!

I'm very bored. I may play MW2 in a while. (Sorry for somewhat derailing topic)
Invite me to a game if you are. My game is on over there I think, not really paying attention to it.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-02-13 20:50:16  
My birthday is actually on Valentines day. Sorry ladies, it's not what am I getting you, but what are you getting me?
[+]
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2010-02-13 21:01:01  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
I get the advertisement tactics, but in general I like the idea of jewelry as a special gift in a long-term relationship, so I'm split. In general I kind of hate popular advertising because it always feels like this devious coercion, but Mad Men is also one of my favorite shows so ..I don't know what the ***.

That Family Guy skit, however, is definitely great. lol

I've never seen Mad Men but one of the stars was on SNL or something recently and was hilarious -- which was refreshing since that's so rarely funny at all anymore. I might have to check out the show since you and I have similar tastes in TV.

And jewelry can be very nice, Cai, when it means something real. ^^

But yeah, heirloom or lab-created or some other option is better, in my opinion.

Seriously, I'm not raging against holidays themselves. It's the marketing... the marketing and the manipulation that get me.

I think things I've said are being broadened and applied to things that have nothing to do with anything at all that I've said. Not talking to you, Cai, on that one. Talking to the person who posted above you.

To that person: Obviously my post wasn't written to Kay Jewelers to ask them to be cool. And you know it. You're arguing for an utterly unrelated point.

Now back to you, Cai ^^

Yram gave me his grandmother's ring some time ago, and I don't even have words for how much that means to me.

He gave it to me with very sweet ceremony, and for the reason that he simply wanted me to have it.

If it had happened to be on a holiday, that wouldn't have added to or taken away from it.

We simply don't feel that we are obligated to exchange gifts on December 25th or February 14th if we otherwise wouldn't have on that specific day.

Okay, I'm really off now.

I don't want to keep going on and on with this.

So again, I hope everyone has as good a day tomorrow as I will, and I hope every day after is as good.
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2010-02-13 21:04:27  
Kujata.Erim said:
Anyway I understand what it is you're saying and I hope you have a wonderful V. Day!
Hope he doesn't spring a diamond ring on you from Kay Jewelers... awkwarrrd.

Hehe, we've been together for seven years and I wear his grandmother's ring. We always give each other the perfect gifts. No awkwardness, yay! ^^

Laters!
 Remora.Mataniah
サーバ: Remora
user: Mataniah
By Remora.Mataniah 2010-02-14 01:24:55  
lol the real question is not the ad but the day. What makes V.Day so special if you're with that special someone every day, giving gifts on bdays, holidays, whenever any other time, what is really V.Day now these days? Whats so Special about it that a TV AD gotta target this day?

Yeah i've seen the TV ad, yeah it sucks. I think it targets the 'poor' people to get some type of loan or get on a payment plan to buy their crap. What i really hate about the TV AD tho is that it targets durning a 'recession'. Yeah i get it, they gotta make money, make a profit. Everyone does.

However, is the TV AD really picking a bad time more or less than trying to target a certain day instead? imo, its a bad time for this type of ad. Like it be cool if they advertised along with it "Easy Payments on good or bad credit" then i'd just chock it up as they're playing off the idea its V.day and nothing else.

So what is vday really? gift giving or a day of reflecting those wonderful moments shared?

imo, its all about the memories and starting new ones that day too.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-14 01:47:43  
That's really great, Dulci, that must mean a lot.

And yes, Mad Men big time. If I had the DVDs myself I'd totally let you borrow them. lol I ran through Season 1 & 2 last week in those feverish up-until-6AM nights and am starting on Season 3 tomorrow!
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-14 01:54:49  
So Caiyuo why haven't you asked Erim to be your Valentine yet?
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:57:49  
I like the Family guy add with the "Diamonds" commercial where the guy shadow gives the girl shadow a diamond and she goes down on em and it says at the she'll.

"She'll pretty much have to"

With their little epic music in the back ground.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-14 01:58:28  
I think she's from Jersey or something, hence that ***just isn't happening.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-14 02:04:38  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:

Send E-flowers or something! Or E-chocolate, etc. etc.

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Man where is the Family Guy pic of the diamonds commercial?

SORRY IM LATE!

Thank you much! :D
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-14 02:16:59  
If every kiss began with Kay, then a lot of us would be *** bankrupt!
 Kujata.Erim
サーバ: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-02-14 08:24:56  
Hades.Stefanos said:
So Caiyuo why haven't you asked Erim to be your Valentine yet?

L-O-***-L

Seraph.Caiyuo said:

.......omg I've told you where I live. Jersey? do you have the worst memory ever or what? lol