FFXI SLOoow IS It A Game Issue O.O?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI SLOoow IS it a game issue o.O?
FFXI SLOoow IS it a game issue o.O?
First Page 2
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:19:51  
Sooo... Idk if this is the right thread but w/e.

So I've been trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my game... I randomly get REALLY REALLY laggy for no apperant reason (like right now example)....

Anyway I know for a fact its not my connection since my brother is on his computer playing also, he doesnt get the same lag issue and we're on the same connection.

I checked to see if I had programs running in my back ground, close all Aim and internet windows open, closed anti virus scan crap (which sometimes runs in the back ground and i dont notice) but it doesnt seem to be that.... Sooo is there any other I can figure out why does this random lag hop on my computer, it's not even a year old and has been working great till recently, and I highly doubt i have virus's or spyware or w/e.... I dont do like anything on this computer (as far *** downloading crap) except play FFXI and check Facebook maybe.... suggestions plz? this lag really interfearing with the game ><
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:21:13  
As some of you can probly tell i accidently posted this forumn (thread) 3 times?!

See what I mean....
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2010-02-14 01:21:41  
Looks like it is your ISP, bro.

l2resetrouter
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:28:32  
Well I can try that, but i also find it weird I even lag scrolling up and down a allready loaded site so i figured the game running or the computer itself is having some issues
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-14 01:35:17  
Lol, np. I took care of the spammed posts. :)

I think it's your computer.... :( What anti-virus progam are you using? You might want to run a scan, just in case. Word around the block is that some Facebook mini-game apps have been found to have a few viruses/trojans/malware etc. upon downloading.
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:37:49  
Oh... I dont play facebook minigames XD
Ummm and my thingy is "norton antivirus" Which I feel is more of a problem than a solution and hast come up with nothing last 3-4 scans.
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:39:15  
Oh and another thing I noticed my computer would also freeze up for about 20-30 secounds tottally frozen (this only happens when game is running) and for some reason it happens when im doing something important -.-
like a NM or Dynamis (No not like 50 man super lag Dynamis either)
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2010-02-14 01:40:27  
Hmm... Is your computer old?
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-14 01:41:23  
I smell a memory leak. Check your task manager and see which program is hogging too much memory then it's supposed to. To check, right click the taskbar and go to task manager, then to processes.

If you suspect nothing is wrong, restart your computer, modem, and router.

If it's still laggy, go into command prompt (cmd.exe) and type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes and press enter and see if that helped.
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:43:13  
I'll try the 2nd thing, as far as the task manager processess is concerned only thing recognizeable is "POL" everything else is windows crap that last time i tried to close on my desktop made the computer shut down XD
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:45:11  
Hmm says "The requested operation requires elevation."
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-14 01:46:21  
In the performance tab of the task manager, how much memory was being used up? If it's around 80-90% of your total memory (ram) it's safe to assume there's a memory leak (if you're not running lots of programs in the background).

Ninja Edit: That means you have to start it as the Administrator of the computer, just right click cmd.exe and go to "run as admin". Or set your account privileges to administrator in control panel's "user accounts" and change the account type.
By Izey 2010-02-14 01:53:19  
Btw when running the game I allways right click (Run as admin) if that matters.

Oh and how do I tabs back on my Task manager, when "ctrl Alt Dlt" it only pops up the tab showing current "Processes"

^That problem just fixed itself some magical way.... ok moving on.

Ok it says, "Processes: 89" CPU Usage: 54-85%" <- it jumps.

Physical memory 46%

Turned off the game nonly thing runnign is firefox taking up...104k memory.

All the other processes's are like jibberish to me, crap that probly should be there who knows~

Under Applications only shows firefox and Cmd prompt windows
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-14 02:00:48  
Yeah, something is causing your computer to use up lots of the cpu processing power, which is causing your entire windows to lag up. Making it run slow, but in bursts.

Most likely some program is hogging up your cpu, should be easy to find out which by staring at the task manager's processes, and clicking the "CPU" column will show which program is using up the most cpu at the top. (Don't worry about the process that says "System idle process" that's normal, just shows you how much cpu isn't being used.)
By Izey 2010-02-14 02:05:44  
Well unfortuanetally none of them say system idle process, ummm.... 1. Firefox 104k (Which wasnt on during the game lag
2. Windows explorer 25k
3. Desktop window manager 24k
4. Windows defender user interface 8k
5. tablet PC panel input accesory 8k
After that there is 1 5k program, 2 4kprograms and rest is under 1-2k just about.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-02-14 02:07:27  
monitor your CPU and memory usage -- sounds like of them is capping out. Memory leaks are very common if you have lots of random things installed running in the back ground. Possibly a hard drive buffer as well but that shouldn't happen unless it's really old running 5000 rpms or slower or just extremely full (95% +). Windows uses your hard drive for virtual memory and if you don't have a free 500MB to 2-3 GB available depending on your settings, it locks up your CPU when the buffer is full.

The easiest way to explain those issues, is your computer will just stop (everything, even mouse cursor) for a second or two then go on like normal. Sometimes the audio with skip over and over when it happens too, then go back to normal.

Same symptoms can be caused by heat as well. When was the last time you took a can of air to your PC? If the exhaust air coming out of your power supply feels hot, something is clogged. The exhaust should never been hot -- warm sure but never hot. A external GPU exhaust will get hot under load but that's normal -- mainly concerned about power supply and general air temps inside the case. If you touch your CPU or Northbridge heat sink, is it very hot to the touch? Northbridge is usually the second larger motherboard heatsink, just below the CPU (but not always). If you live in a hot climate and don't have A/C, not much you can do but suffer with PC heat issues.

If everything runs fine but you just see internet lag -- ignore everything I said and go with finding a net connection tester. Few of them for free on the internets. Check for packet loss too if you can. Check your router/firewall settings too -- if one computer is fine, and the other isn't on the same connection, it's either that PC or it's settings.

Have you altered your motherboard settings or overclocked? Try setting those back to default and see if that helps. Does your memory timing match something compatible with your CPU, motherboard, etc? If you haven't changed it since you bought it, you should be ok here.

It can be many things but just trying to point out the most common ones. Seen lots of people just buy extra RAM online, throw it in and wonder why their PC slows down when the timing doesn't match up correctly.
By Izey 2010-02-14 02:08:18  
AH!
I clicked on "Show process's from other users"
And came up with some nice stuff.

Notice: I am the only user of this computer....
svchost.exe "System 00 90k, then 58k, then 43k, same name 3 times taking that much CPUsage
By Izey 2010-02-14 02:11:35  
When I first baught it, it was quiet even when i ran the game, (Notice its a laptop maybe shouldve mentioned that?)

When I run the game it roars, when the game is not on i can still hear the fan but not as loud.... I opened up my desktop and cleaned it out when i had that sound problem, I'm not very confident as to open my laptop though its much more complicated to close up once its open ><!
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-14 02:12:37  
svchost.exe is normal, and we're looking for processes that use CPU atm, not memory. Click the CPU column head and it'll list everything by highest CPU usage to lowest CPU usage.
By Izey 2010-02-14 02:12:38  
Btw so should I close out those new svchost.exe processes that just showed up? User name: "SYSTEM" so I'm like ugh
By Izey 2010-02-14 02:16:39  
Aww totally looking at the wrong thing then.

Ok CPU,

As they jump~

1.System idle 40-55
2.explorer.exe 28-38
3.Firefox 4-17
4.Digital Persona Local Agent 1-7 <-Wtf is this~

Everything else is 0-4 and hops too dam much but thats about it
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-02-14 02:17:12  
90 processes?! sounds like you have alot of ***installed on your system...

Can you give a screen shot of what is running on you system on task manager.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-02-14 02:18:56  
Digital Persona Local Agent..

That's the exe dealing with finger scanners on laptops
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-14 02:19:33  
Processes with a User Name of "SYSTEM", "LOCAL SERVICE", and "NETWORK SERVICE" are legit. No need to close them, as they aren't the trouble makers. They make your PC run.

The processes we're looking for, are those of whatever User Name you entered when you ran the PC's initial setup (i.e. your name, or the computer's name).

But we're looking for a process that uses too much CPU (it'll show it as a percentage as 05 = 5% and 50 = 50%) in the processes tab of task manager.

The program that uses too much CPU could be the reason why your computer is experiencing such problems. (And again, System Idle Process is legit, as it only shows the percentage of CPU your computer has available.) Watch it for a bit and see if another program randomly hogs too much CPU, as that will be the culprit.
By Izey 2010-02-14 02:20:05  
I might need a little help with that, I can take screen shots of the game but umm nothing happens when i try to take screen shots of the desktop
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-02-14 02:21:08  
have task manager highlighted.

ALT+prtscn

then paste to mspaint
By Izey 2010-02-14 02:22:32  
Ok did that, the mouse just blinks, where would I grab the screenshot from? (I'm not thaaaaaaaaaaat PC nub but I never needed to SC my desktop items before~).
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-14 02:23:54  
Looks like it's the explorer.exe. Restart your PC if you haven't already.

It shouldn't be eating that much CPU.
By Izey 2010-02-14 02:25:37  
To get it on here i gotta put the sCreen shot on Photo bucket or something right ><?
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-14 02:27:33  
Yes, but I'm confident in that it's the explorer.exe. Restart your computer, and it should return to normal. (Normal being: 0~5 CPU instead of that huge 30~40 CPU.)
First Page 2