By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-18 07:51:26  
/endthread
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 07:54:06  
Incoming terrible pun:

FFXIV
Description: The real "END GAME" of FFXI.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-02-18 07:58:27  
Oh how I love gullible people.

DO you honestly believe that ***?

Ain't happening any time soon, soorry to burst your bubble.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 08:01:05  
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Oh how I love gullible people. DO you honestly believe that ***? Ain't happening any time soon, soorry to burst your bubble.
You never know, squeenix has the right to shut down the server for good at any time. (I think it's stated somewhere on the FFXI package and in the ToS somewhere or something like that)
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-02-18 08:06:47  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Oh how I love gullible people. DO you honestly believe that ***? Ain't happening any time soon, soorry to burst your bubble.
You never know, squeenix has the right to shut down the server for good at any time. (I think it's stated somewhere on the FFXI package and in the ToS somewhere or something like that)

All MMOs have that same garbage littered in there ToS, none of them are stupid enough to close a game down while they are still getting some type of profit.

Hasn't SE also stated that as long as they have a decent amount of players that they will keep the servers up?

Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-18 08:16:53  
end thread.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-02-18 08:19:22  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Check.

Mate.

As I have said before, ain't happpening, and there is your proof.

Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 08:20:27  
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
All MMOs have that same garbage littered in there ToS, none of them are stupid enough to close a game down while they are still getting some type of profit. Hasn't SE also stated that as long as they have a decent amount of players that they will keep the servers up?
Companies lie nowadays, if you haven't noticed. It's all a "only time will tell" thing.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Of course S-E is denying it, because they don't want to create a fuss just yet.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-02-18 08:24:31  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
All MMOs have that same garbage littered in there ToS, none of them are stupid enough to close a game down while they are still getting some type of profit. Hasn't SE also stated that as long as they have a decent amount of players that they will keep the servers up?
Companies lie nowadays, if you haven't noticed. It's all a "only time will tell" thing.
Shiva.Flionheart said:

The only ones that usually lie are the garbage MMOs that don't last more then half a year. A big MMO like XI I highly doubt would go below that standard just because they want to please their player-base.

I've been through a lot of rumors about many MMOs shutting down, it's mostly just gullible people that eat up anything anyone puts up on the internet.

If it's from a source from the company, I'll believe it(check link above plox) if not, it's *** to me.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-18 08:27:55  
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Check.
Mate.

Proof that it is
More proof that it is

...See how that works?

I wouldn't say "There is your proof", because like I said.. Even I could be a SE Rep online with enough boredom.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-18 08:30:24  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Check.
Mate.

Proof that it is
More proof that it is

...See how that works?

I wouldn't say "There is your proof", because like I said.. Even I could be a SE Rep online with enough boredom.

comparing Kotaku a well established news source, with extreme credibility to a random blog.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-18 08:32:20  
Fair enough,

What would stop me making a website, registering "finalfantasyxv.com" and putting up a huge post on there about FF15?

Please, stop being naive enough to believe everyone off the internet off the bat, or don't have kids.. Either is fine.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-02-18 08:33:56  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Check.
Mate.

Proof that it is
More proof that it is

...See how that works?

Those are pretty garbage sites though, I might beleive screwattack a little better, but hardly.

Think about it like this.

If you ran a company that had a MMO, would you just "Shut off" the servers without any type of notice? If you answered yes to this, your pretty stupid.

I hardly thing any company would wager losing a player base that they have secured just because "OMGZ A NEW GAME".

I'm not gonna say it's gonna happen or not, but before I see a notice on the actual website, all these little dumb *** speculations are just a way to get gullible people to get all flusterd up about it.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-18 08:36:29  
As I said on the first page:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Alexander.Garlend said:
its being reported all over the place.

I could make a few posts in different places that FF15 is in production and will feature 10 people from the general public as part of their voice acting team with character models based off them, get some sexy coverage, and then people would believe it.

Right?

I don't think that SE is going to blatently shut FFXI down without a general warning to the people that play.

I'm just saying, don't blatently follow whatever is written on any "well established news source" as fact, especially when I just outlined how easy it would be to pass off false information.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-18 08:37:50  
*** me another "FINAL FANTASY XI WILL SHUT DOWN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" thread?

We get it! Okay let it go and go kill some Goobbues or something and enjoy the last moments you have instead of wasting them posting on a forum about how the sky's going to fall, Mr. Chicken!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-18 08:38:28  
I guess these are the same people who know the world's ending in 2012
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-18 08:39:12  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

When have you ever heard of an MMO closing immediately as the new one gets released. It would cause extremely bad reputation and is illogical from a financial standpoint.

Let's just use shiva as an example.

2000 people playing atm.

At £9.99 each

= £19,980

Let's say we cut the number by half when XIV gets released.

= £9990

monthly.

Now lets span that across 10 servers:

= £99,900 monthly

= £1,198,800 Yearly

They are not going to throw that away. And those are incredibly inaccurate numbers It could be doubled or tripled easily.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-18 08:41:44  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Fair enough,

What would stop me making a website, registering "finalfantasyxv.com" and putting up a huge post on there about FF15?

Please, stop being naive enough to believe everyone off the internet off the bat, or don't have kids.. Either is fine.

Again, Kotaku is a viable news source as it has extreme credibility. I think they've posted one inaccurate news post ever, and apologised for it. If it was a rumour it would be under rumours.

Reading comprehension much?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-18 08:43:08  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Reading comprehension much?
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-02-18 08:43:53  
2 of these threads it 2 days!?

They're not going to close down FFXI this year or even next year.. sorry to disappoint you, but please some of you seem to want to find proof that it is so do me a favor and quit this game now and go away.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-18 08:44:35  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Again, Kotaku is a viable news source as it has extreme credibility.

Not some random blog.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-18 08:46:24  
Are you really that stupid?

Did I say blog?

Or did I say website?
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-02-18 08:47:33  
I'm sorry but SE have stated in the past that they aren't going to close this down anytime soon, I don't care what that thread says either as they are not part of SE and visa versa.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-18 08:49:17  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Are you really that stupid?

Did I say blog?

Or did I say website?

Semantics. And again, NO CREDIBILITY.

If you made a website and maintained it for years with accurate and true news stories, and then released false information about FFXV then yeah, I'd believe it.

If you made a new website with no credibility then I wouldn't believe it.

How are you not getting this?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-18 08:51:41  
Prove to me I didn't make and maintain this website

Using a fake name, address, blah blah blah to put in for the WhoIS.

Would you have been able to prove, had I set that website up 1 year before FF13 was announced, that FF13 was being produced if I had advertised it enough?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 08:51:54  
Claiming Kotaku as a reliable news source? Dude, that's like saying 4chan is reliable on the news they post.

A website is a website. Even newspapers aren't reliable anymore (i mean come on, all they talk about here in USA is Obama, Global Warming, Haiti, Winter Olympics and Tiger Woods.)
They leave the real news out of it or make it tiny writing so people don't read it or read over it and not care.
 Ramuh.Kiroo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Kiroo
By Ramuh.Kiroo 2010-02-18 08:53:54  
Yeah SE has disapointed players and they've also made us happy. They aren't gonna please everyone every time. You all still play don't you? Nough said.
As far as the shut down of servers goes... Did they not just say on the official e-mails that they have content in store for us? Would be kinda dumb to have new content coming in a month or 2 and shut it all down few months later. I've been happily playing all these years, done a crap load of stuff, and still have a long ways to go. Bout to hit 75 on my 9th and 10th jobs (Cor&Rng) ^^ Still plenty to do. Keep it comin SE.

Now if only we could get rid of the douche bags of the game.... oh well...
 Phoenix.Zeotah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-02-18 09:02:09  
This game isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It wouldn't be a financially sound move for them to pull the plug. God forbid XIV flops, they'd still have XI to fall back on for a while. As much as I enjoy some of the stuff on ScrewAttack, I don't exactly consider it a "reputable news site".