SIREN: Sprite Killer List!!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » SIREN: Sprite Killer List!!!
SIREN: Sprite Killer List!!!
First Page 2
 Siren.Emeraldzt
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: borek
By Siren.Emeraldzt 2008-01-25 21:27:04  
Thought I'd start my own sprite killer listing here. I just can't stand to see idiots killing sprites. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Add the ones you see:

#1 YUNAR
 Siren.Spookyx
user: spookyx
By Siren.Spookyx 2008-02-02 16:10:35  
I don't get it. What's wrong with killing the sprites?
 Carbuncle.Yajirobe
Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Yajirobe
By Carbuncle.Yajirobe 2008-02-02 22:55:42  
first of all... sure... have fun...
second of all... there's a server specific forum for siren ^^
 Phoenix.Hracknul
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Hracknul
By Phoenix.Hracknul 2008-02-04 11:51:49  
Per SE, sprites will only spawn if they feel "safe." People killing them causes them to feel less safe, and so they don't pop as often. If people continue to kill them, they can actually cause them to go extinct and not pop anymore.
[+]
 Siren.Spookyx
user: spookyx
By Siren.Spookyx 2008-02-15 05:08:33  
Ahh...didn't know that....learn something new every day...
 Pandemonium.Xingoo
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Xingoo
By Pandemonium.Xingoo 2008-02-20 06:05:40  
YO! STOP KILLING'EM! I love them! Curing me...
 Bismarck.Rivieras
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rivieras
By Bismarck.Rivieras 2008-02-20 09:48:48  
OMGoose.....Stop the massacres!

I love those little things ;_ ;
 Ragnarok.Azura
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2008-02-23 21:51:50  
First off, I doubt they'll go extinct, can't imagine SE making a game that evolves or in this case disolves. Secondly, if you can do it, go for it, they're targetable for a reason.
 Hades.Tigster
サーバ: Hades
user: Tigster
By Hades.Tigster 2008-02-24 04:23:37  
getting bottled pixxes to drop from beastmen and then freeing them in grauberg can make them feel more safe etc so you can help by doing this to keep the pixxie levels up and populated,

to ragnarok, SE already confirmed that this is how pixxies work so please dont say "oh se wouldnt do that" when SE have already said this is what happens.
 Ragnarok.Azura
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2008-02-24 20:14:59  
they wont go extinct. you release them from bottles, tada, it's not extinct. like i said SE wouldnt let them become extinct.
 Seraph.Linkcloud
サーバ: Seraph
user: LinkCloud
By Seraph.Linkcloud 2008-02-25 18:18:09  
SE really didn't come out and say anything to confirm this from all the digging I did. The source of this "Hoax" seems to stem from a post made on "Order of the Blue Gartr" by a member named "Elmer the Pointy".

bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28529&p=884348#p884348

He posted his abridged version after being frustrated from a forum time out. It may have been a mistake or exaggeration on his part due to insinuating circumstances. But I for one, have not seen this confirmed to the extreme of extinction.

The next piece of "evidence" is a later post by him from his source. This is his translation from a Japanese magazine called "Dengeki Daioh". I can't stress enough that this is HIS source for this claim. From his translation, I can only derive that these are once again one persons beliefs and opinions at this time. SE has confirmed nothing to the best of my knowledge.

bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29104

Please add http:// to the above links. ^_^

~Link
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2008-03-02 18:38:33  
I admit I kill 1 the first time I when into the past Please dont stone me....
 Bahamut.Kindadarii
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kindadarii 2008-03-02 20:17:35  
You know, for the reputation BG has for details in the game (I have heard, once, that most of the more detailed end-game stuff was gotten through BG) I very much dislike the community. I stopped relying on them for any kind of information when I they said, for the last update, that SE would be putting in shops for crafters, and even moreso when people started believing it and telling it as truth.

And quite frankly, I don't trust most BG info as far as I can throw it.
 Unicorn.Tigrus
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tigrus
By Unicorn.Tigrus 2008-03-05 20:49:21  
just wait till square enix gives bluemages a pixie spell lol escpicaly if its a healing based monster spell or on of the wind spells well be out there in droves annoying the ppl that relay on pixie raises during campain battles or exploring lol
 Unicorn.Tigrus
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tigrus
By Unicorn.Tigrus 2008-03-05 20:50:15  
bah been up 17+hrs with work and getting rdy to move so tired sry for bad spelling
 Hades.Kittyneko
サーバ: Hades
user: Kittyneko
By Hades.Kittyneko 2008-03-18 05:37:44  
If you want a good forum with a rather friendly and mature community, check out FFXIonline.com Very nicely moderated too^^. The only down side there might be for some of us, is that this forum doesn't allow discussing/posting/promoting extreme illegal Ffxi activities.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Pandemonium.Kaela
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kaela 2008-04-25 13:19:33  
Only one Ive killed was when I got the bright idea to try and charm one on BST w/o Gauging it first lolz ... >.>;
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-04-25 14:01:14  
Speaking from the MMO developer perspective, no Producer would authorize the modelers, texture artists, riggers, animators, AI scripters, and ability/loot/spell database designers to spend that much time implementing a feature that could potentially immediately go extinct and never been seen by users again.

It's possible you could reduce their spawn times, or perhaps reduce their willingness to Raise you, but extinction? Highly unlikely.
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-04-26 00:59:35  
question: shouldn't this be on the siren server board and not general? >.>

jae: pixies going instinct ftw! ;)

random thought: maybe releasing those bottled pixies that beastmen supposedly drop increase the population, and that's how SE wants to prevent the pixies from going extinct?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-04-26 16:58:03  
Rikapi said:
jae: pixies going instinct ftw! ;)

T_T Spelling is hard. I got the second one right!

And yeah, topic moved to Siren. =)
 Siren.Quagmire
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2008-05-03 05:54:04  
best part of bottling pixies is freeing them in my basement then having my way with them >.> giggity
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [246 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Alucards
user: Alucards
By Siren.Alucards 2009-01-04 11:08:04  
lol ok so im bored as hell and i know this is an old forum but as i said im bored with nothing better to do if Pixis only spawn when they feel safe ok i can understand that but going Exstinct imposible they drop Stignian ash used to claim Dark Ixion SE wouldent make it that Dark Ixion could be one day Unclaimable the Spawnrate of Pixis would just be that of a NM realy rare

Note i have Bad Spelling YAY the Horrible Spelling Alucards Strikes again MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 Siren.Bungie
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-01-04 12:58:31  
Quagmire said:
best part of bottling pixies is freeing them in my basement then having my way with them >.> giggity

LOL
 Phoenix.Strongside
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Strongside 2009-01-04 12:59:09  
Why would you wanna kill something that's harmless and even cures you anyway? A: CAUSE PEOPLE ARE *** STUPID!!1
 Siren.Anmorata
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-01-04 13:47:46  
/sigh -.-;
[+]
 Fenrir.Radek
サーバ: Fenrir
user: radek
By Fenrir.Radek 2009-01-04 14:05:23  
Anmorata said:
/sigh -.-;

I hear ya.

People kill pixies because they drop the Stygian ash needed to claim Dark Ixion. Also, they will not go extinct in the past, but if enough are rescued and people don't kill them, they may pop up in the future. SE said that what happens in the past may affect the future (meaning pixies). Making a "pixie killer" list is useless because people are going to kill them anyway, for the ash if no other reason.
[+]
 Siren.Hapernack
user: Hapernack
By Siren.Hapernack 2009-01-04 14:06:10  
Find a new way to claim Dark Ixion and maybe people will care about your whole PETA-standpoint on pixies -_-
[+]
 Garuda.Spikido
サーバ: Garuda
user: spikido
By Garuda.Spikido 2009-01-04 14:32:51  
SE meant going extinct in the present, not meaning they don't pop anymore... doesn't anyone know how to read anymore?

Anyone ever wonder why on servers where people don't kill pixies they appear in the present? -.-;
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-04 15:59:30  
well.. i' might not be on one of the server's that Don't kill pixies, -Cough tehwarmmilk- anyway. ive not seen any pixies or heard about them appearing in the present.(untell now) :o any screen shots or something?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [738 days between previous and next post]
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-01-12 04:42:18  
BUUUUUUMMMMMMMPPPPPP

I don't think killing pixies even matters anymore

one guy i know takes unusual pleasure in killing pixies.. is always killing them while waiting by the abyssea maw for people to gather or NM's to repop.

I bet SE made it to where they will always be present now :o
First Page 2