Avatar The Last Airbender.(This Time It's The Real Avatar!)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Avatar the Last Airbender.(This time it's the real avatar!)
Avatar the Last Airbender.(This time it's the real avatar!)
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-02-23 04:27:47  
http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/

Really looking forward to this. Looks amazing unlike other recent adaptations.
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-23 04:28:41  
Despite the cartoon being made for kids, it had a truly enjoyable story overall. I look forward to a more mature approach in the movie, even if it is made for everyone.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-02-24 14:22:36  
I saw the trailer for this on TV the other day.
At first i was like "oo this looks intresting"
then i noticed it reminded me of a certain anime/cartoon.

i just glare then saw the arrow on the head and went "no..***...way"

the trailer gave me goosebumps :x
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-02-24 14:24:53  
completely forgot m night shyamalan made the cartoon until i saw this trailer XD
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-24 14:27:05  
He didn't make the cartoon, he's making the movie to my knowledge.
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-02-24 14:29:58  
huh... just looked it up i guess he didn't make the cartoon, could have sworn i saw his name somewhere in the credits though XD
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-02-24 14:32:19  
Once i saw m night shyamalan and "Avatar the Last Airbender" i went:
"No..way... I must see this. Curiousity must see this even tho i didn't watch the animated series that much."
 Titan.Marzbarz
サーバ: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-02-24 14:34:54  
I love the cartoon!
.. and I am too looking forward to the movie.. praying that it doesn't get screwed up.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-24 14:53:06  
Titan.Marzbarz said:
I love the cartoon!
.. and I am too looking forward to the movie.. praying that it doesn't get screwed up.

It looks much more srsbsns than the tongue&cheek cartoon was. I think it'll be great, but my expectations are high.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-02-24 15:12:26  
The majority of the internet community seem to hate the movie/think its cool to hate the movie, so Im a little surprised.

I understand the complaints about whitewashing...but I think it looks like its kept the fundamentals of the story and Im really not a fan of Shyamalama..in the trailers even you can see certain scenes are exact replicas of scenes in the show. And one of the many complaints online were "it doesnt have any of the spirit of the show!" and the movie isnt even out yet. And protip: if you look carefully in the superbowl spot you can see Appas tail at around :10 I think. ;3

anyways, I kinda was looking forward to a Jesse Mccartney Zuko to lol at..but I can live with Jai Ho guy..though I think he looks more like a Longshot than a Zuko.

Im gonna see the movie and hopefully really enjoy it. Im trying to keep my mind open and Ill judge it when its officially out.

What would be uber pimp was if Shyamalan was a zutara shipper, I would die cause the internet would explode.

I bet 10$ the "twist" is Shyamalan is the cabbage merchant.

and no he didnt make the cartoon. The duo we know as Mike and Bryan made the show and they're American :P Shyamalan just has kids who loved it and got him into it. And Mike and Bryan are pimp because they do take the time to make fun of the internet community in several episodes.
By Cobrayouth 2010-02-24 15:47:27  
I'm 30 and I think Avatar:the last air bender is the best cartoon since Duck Tales! That's saying a lot if you never watched duck tales. :D

I love watching Avatar with my 8 and 9 y/o's. Such a great story. I am very much looking forward to the movie. I think it's going to be very good. Although at first I was a little apprehensive about how Shyamalan was going to do his twisting to the story. But it looks like it could turn out pretty good.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-24 15:52:56  
It looks really good. Huge fan of the cartoon, the humour and the action worked flawlessly together. In fact it was better than many Anime's I've seen.
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-02-24 15:54:50  
Titan.Marzbarz said:
I love the cartoon!

same =/
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-02-25 06:42:07  
Kujata.Daus said:
The majority of the internet community seem to hate the movie/think its cool to hate the movie, so Im a little surprised.
Really? Well people think that way about FF13 too. Humanity is *** anyways.

I just hope it's not like the DB movie lol
 Asura.Shayka
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-02-25 07:15:25  
Titan.Marzbarz said:
I love the cartoon!
Same, but based on whos making it, I don't have high expectations for it -.-
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-25 07:23:22  
It's completely new territory as far as genre of moviemaking goes for M. Night Shyamalan. Let's just hope this doesn't fail like his past few films.

The Happening had a cool concept but was delivered very poorly. Made me /yawn.
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-25 07:31:09  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It looks really good. Huge fan of the cartoon, the humour and the action worked flawlessly together. In fact it was better than many Anime's I've seen.
 Remora.Llianon
サーバ: Remora
user: Llianon
By Remora.Llianon 2010-02-25 07:57:22  
well that movie seems to focus on book 1: water of the anime.
I don't know what to think about it. the anime was full of humour and kinda interesting but the movie seems darker (soka doesn't seems to be as funny as in the anime and same for aang)

Nickelodeon should have ended the story in the anime before making a movie.

As a result i'm afraid to be disapointed if i go watch it and i'm still waiting the 4th book of the anime!
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-25 08:02:01  
Remora.Llianon said:
Nickelodeon should have ended the story in the anime before making a movie.

As a result i'm afraid to be disapointed if i go watch it and i'm still waiting the 4th book of the anime!

Edit: Nvm, It's been so long that I'm stupid and forgot everything. /facepalm
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-25 15:15:30  
Remora.Llianon said:
I really don't see how they could find enough material to make another Book from. I mean, the Fire Kingdom isn't "evil" anymore, Zuko's at the lead, and the Avatar is the Avatar. IMHO the whole "where's my mother" thing at the end of the last episode is just a "keep them wanting more" ending.

Kujata.Daus said:
I bet 10$ the "twist" is Shyamalan is the cabbage merchant.
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-02-25 15:48:48  
Remora.Llianon said:
(soka doesn't seems to be as funny as in the anime and same for aang)

This is actually my biggest concern. Sokka looks way too serious business in the movie to even believe it's the same character. If he's not cracking lame *** jokes, it's not Sokka D:<
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-02-25 18:53:18  
We havent really gotten to see much of what Sokka is like other than like a brief few seconds...all the dramatic looking parts in the trailer are nearly exact replicas of dramatic scenes of the show.

Sokkas had alot of serious moments for being a huge dork in others. Im sure theres no want to ruin his personality :P Think theres a higher risk for too srs Aang rather than too srs Sokka. I actually kinda prefer a dramatic avatar to the filler-happy-go-lucky-episode avatar personally. If I had it my way Id be like "MOAR BLOOD AND TEARS AND AANGST (lol angst)" but thats why we got fanfic.