users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Canada > Russia
Canada > Russia
 Pandemonium.Sirus
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Roiclem
By Pandemonium.Sirus 2010-02-24 23:28:17  
I honestly hope that it's either USA vs Sweden or Finland vs Canada. If Slovakia were to beat Sweden, i don't see them beating Canada.
 Carbuncle.Heithem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-02-25 00:03:15  
Slovakia v Canada womens match at the start of the games was just sad to watch. I felt bad fpr there goalie. Poor girl had to stop something like 79 shots on goal. I'm surprized the score wasn't higher them 18-0
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-02-25 00:26:40  
Fairy.Outhit said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Canada lost to the US and America doesn't even give a damn about hockey. Canada, *** yeah!
I know right? I was like "Canada should rape the US in hockey..." Hell there are more WNBA fans than hockey fans in this area...

you must live in a small town rather than a major US city, I recall detroit going apeshit when the wings had their dynasty

That.

There's a really fun and magic sense of rivalry between USA and Canada for the winter Olympics. It's fun to check the live chat on the Olympics website. It's really 50/50. A lot of people like me who usually do not care much for hockey will pay attention during the Olympics.

A Canada/Usa final is always a great moment, no matter who's the winner. While it's not the most popular sport, it shines a lot during the Olympics and it's an event that is greatly appreciated by the fans!
 Fairy.Rorrick
サーバ: Fairy
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-02-25 01:40:30  
Fairy.Seriin said:
Fairy.Rorrick said:
Fairy.Seriin said:
Kujata.Daus said:
America cares more about hockey than soccer

but curling is the true sport of champions.

True say.. too bad for the world we're good at that one as well :P

Kevin Martin went 7-0 as I recall and I'm fairly sure your woman's team didn't make it past round robin play...

I'm not sure what you are saying, but the flag beside my user name is the same as yours :P

Totally didn't know those were displayed here. XD. Think our woman's team was 6-1?

Yeah, the woman's Canada/Slovakia game was a pretty sad affair. It's made worse by the fact that goal differential is the second tiebreaker, and goals scored is the third tiebreaker, so they really can't let up even if they want to. It's the same in the IIHF world junior championship, where Canada lit up Latvia 18-0. No one likes watching that and the players don't feel good about it after the game.

Slovakia definitely earned their win over Sweden though.
 Sylph.Skyforger
サーバ: Sylph
user: tluoto
By Sylph.Skyforger 2010-02-25 02:03:42  
As Finn nothing makes me more happy than the fact that Sweden lost (yes, not even the fact that we won our own game ;P )
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-25 15:22:32  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The puck moves too fast for me. It's painful to the eye for me to watch.
You have NO idea how hilarious it was to everyone in this country when the US TV stations started 'highlighting' the puck in the 90s. Do they still do that?

Seriously. It's a BLACK puck on WHITE ice. That's pretty much the most contrast you can have without dividing by zero.
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-25 15:51:54  
Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
You have NO idea how hilarious it was to everyone in this country when the US TV stations started 'highlighting' the puck in the 90s. Do they still do that?

Seriously. It's a BLACK puck on WHITE ice. That's pretty much the most contrast you can have without dividing by zero.
lmfao american hockey watchers..... thats just terrible
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-25 15:53:50  
canada kicks *** ***
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-25 16:19:11  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
canada kicks *** ***
yes, you're right. But, ugh? American hmm. ><
 Carbuncle.Heithem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-02-27 11:35:38  
Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

No they stopped doing that after the strike. that was one thing the fans complained most about TV here. they were trying to dumb it down for ppl that were not fans. which is just stupid, if you don't know the rules seeing a glowing puck means ***. most ppl that didn't know wondered why they would stop play on an off sides because they are watching the puck not the skaters.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-27 12:39:20  
Fairy.Spence said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Just gonna remind you guys that Canada lost to the U.S. :P

You smell funky too but we don't constantly point it out :<

Why is it that now Team Canada has more Gold than the US, the tables seem to Turn?

Ludd, do you have a Chip on your shoulder that you cannot shake, Its just the Olympics. You do not see Team Canada constantly complaining we lost or anything, we're humble, we gracious accept silver or Bronze with Pride.

I know it is a immediate thing, when a country comes 2nd place and wins silver, it shouldn't be about losing gold, it should be about winning silver, but some ppl see second place as a loss, and its not good enough....What are you going to do?

I saw graciously accept your award, and be happy I'm sorry if you don't share my same opinion, but then again, I'm humble about where I live...
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-27 12:42:36  
Fairy.Outhit said:

YES!!!!!!! EPIC!!!!!! GOOD JOB OUTHIT!!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

LOL Still f'n LOL Nearly fell outa ma chair!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-27 12:46:28  
Siren.Talonn said:
Broduer didn't help either playing like a nub

Its Vancouver...They shuda just left Luongo in Net, b.c its his Homerink....

Who else would do better at home ice advantage???
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-02-27 14:15:06  
We should have won women's curling! I even watched the game... didn't quite figure out exactly how it work, though... We should get another gold in men's curling today for 12 gold!

About the hockey... I don't know. I really want us to win on our ground but damn Miller is scaring me lol. It will be hell of a game that's for sure. Would be fun if Crosby would really start to shine in the final.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-02-27 14:18:41  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Just gonna remind you guys that Canada lost to the U.S. :P

You smell funky too but we don't constantly point it out :<

Why is it that now Team Canada has more Gold than the US, the tables seem to Turn?

Ludd, do you have a Chip on your shoulder that you cannot shake, Its just the Olympics. You do not see Team Canada constantly complaining we lost or anything, we're humble, we gracious accept silver or Bronze with Pride.

I know it is a immediate thing, when a country comes 2nd place and wins silver, it shouldn't be about losing gold, it should be about winning silver, but some ppl see second place as a loss, and its not good enough....What are you going to do?

I saw graciously accept your award, and be happy I'm sorry if you don't share my same opinion, but then again, I'm humble about where I live...
No its a joke.

I like hockey and dont really care who wins or loses in these all star nhl games.
 Pandemonium.Sirus
user: Roiclem
By Pandemonium.Sirus 2010-02-27 14:24:24  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
No its a joke.

I like hockey and dont really care who wins or loses in these all star nhl games.

And i was hoping that it wouldn't have turned out as an NHL all star game. i think it would have been far more entertaining game if it would have been USA vs Slovakia or Canada vs Finland, but that's just me.