Insane Undercutting Ah Price < Npc Gives You

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » insane undercutting ah price < npc gives you
insane undercutting ah price < npc gives you
First Page 2
 Odin.Genja
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Genja
By Odin.Genja 2008-11-07 05:38:56  
do you want to know how you can rly fast get money? just buy everything from ah that costs less than npc gives you.
no stress
no fear
and the good thing that you correct the totally stupid ah prices.
i mean... WHY?! you loose money when you put things for less then npc price on ah plus the ah-fee...
god some ppl should be banned for being stupid!
 Phoenix.Syxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Drakhoul
By Phoenix.Syxx 2008-11-07 05:52:38  
Yes you should get banned for being stupid~ D:

Stupid people make time wasting posts with no substance.. or much meaning... People sell on AH cause they might not know its worth more in shop. They arn't stupid for that.
 Siren.Vagustae
サーバ: Siren
user: VaguStae
By Siren.Vagustae 2008-11-07 05:54:38  
Genja said:
god some ppl should be banned for being stupid!

o-o
That'll be a looooooot of players... I think.
 Odin.Genja
サーバ: Odin
user: Genja
By Odin.Genja 2008-11-07 05:59:41  
they are to stupid to look up the npc price -_-
and i am talking espacially of good items, that are nm drops... it makes no sense to put them for a lower price than npc gives you on ah.

except you are so kind, frindly and rich, that you want to offer things to the poor. but this still destroys economy
 Phoenix.Syxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Drakhoul
By Phoenix.Syxx 2008-11-07 07:26:29  
Dif from not being arsed to check NPC price and... checking the NPC price doesn't again... make you stupid.

Genja, if your buying items cheap on AH to sell to NPC... I don't see a problem, used to be done with Throwing weapons, Remedy and many many more things.

The list is shorter these days on my server atleast, due to the constant trying to make inflation come... (Overpricing yay...).

But for the items that are still there.. keep it hush hush and get some free gil.
 Bahamut.Konohamaru
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Konohamaru 2008-11-07 08:28:07  
i lol'd
 Ramuh.Bekisa
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2008-11-07 10:09:42  
Kids these days -- feel like I'm watching youtube here sometimes with the useless emo posts and replies.

Why does it bother you that someone just wastes their money? Sell something to a NPC just as you said, don't post complaining about it and the world continues to spin. You make gil, they make less for more work. I don't see the problem here haha.
 Fairy.Telamon
サーバ: Fairy
user: prisonsex
By Fairy.Telamon 2008-11-07 16:29:54  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=774

Some people are also considerate of their fellow players, and do not put gil ahead of everything else.

Fine by me if you want to do it, but it doesn't necessarily make someone stupid for not doing it.
 Siren.Vagustae
By Siren.Vagustae 2008-11-07 17:53:35  
Genja said:
they are to stupid to look up the npc price -_-

I bet some of them can't look them up because they don't have a PC or w/e. :D~
Imo, those guys aren't "stupid."
 Cerberus.Radaghast
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2008-11-07 20:17:32  
So, just because the OP figured out that certain items sell higher to NPC's than on AH.... wow... he's a *** genius!

When I first started playing this game, I sold all my fire crystals to NPC's for around 250g a stack, versus, 3,000g a stack on AH,because I didn't know about the Auction House... WOW.. I R FAILZ FER NOT NOING EVERYTHINGZZZZZZZZ

What the OP fails to understand is that certain items.. let's take...

Silme Juice...

as an example.... may be more profitable in the short-term, by selling to NPC's

Slime Juice only drops from Dynamis, and is only used in a handfull of higher lvl Alchemy recipies. Yet, they're never available to purchace due to the fact that people NPC them instead of AHing them. Why? For an extra 200-400g.

Does this make them stupid? Not really. It's easy to understand why some people do certain things.

Calling someone stupid for undercutting things on AH really only points the finger of stupidity.... in your direction.
 Siren.Antigod
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2008-11-08 01:15:16  
People have always done such things.. and I am glad for it.. Every once in a while.. when my AH slots are full.. and I want to make a bit of gil.. I go to the AH and buy up everything that sells for more than what I pay for it at the AH. Some people are stupid.. but that doesn't mean that they should die. Rather, it just gives the intelligent players something to capitalize on, IE: their stupidity and/or laziness. That is the way that the real world works, the people with more than half a brain are able to use other people to further their own interests.
 Seraph.Taruwaru
サーバ: Seraph
user: TaruWaru
By Seraph.Taruwaru 2008-11-08 02:04:04  
I think he is trying to say that Ice staff NPCs for 8000 gil and people sell their Ice staff for 5000 gil on the auction house and pay a 1000 gil auction house tax which comes out to making 4000 gil.

basically you can make TWICE the amount of gil by vendoring the ice staff. it does makes you stupid.

And for the guy who said they do not have a PC to check the vendor price... You are VERY stupid.
You check the price in the game.

It hurts the economy to undercut everything, especially for people who have to craft these to skillup. It takes a month to garden these ores to make these... why should it be sold for 5k.
Nothing should be sold for less then the NPC price, this is why the economy is so bad in FF11 right now, and its you same people who are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE IRL and hurt the real world economy.
 Siren.Antigod
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2008-11-08 20:49:40  
Taruwaru said:
this is why the economy is so bad in FF11 right now

Hahaah.a.hah.a..

Oh, lord..

BWhahaha.a.a..

The economy isn't bad.. Anyone with any measure of intelligence can make a steady profit in this game. Why do you people have to be so Emo and cry and whine about "teh ecoonomie" all the time. Ooh nooh, everything is expensive.. teh ecoonomie is so bad.. Ooh no all the auction house prices are so low.. teh ecoonomie is so bad.. You people are never happy.. You just want something to *** about, to make your failure seem justified and unavoidable. I have never failed to make money in this game.. and there are many people like me, who do research.. who put forth effort.. who know what they are doing, and are able to make a profit during inflation, recession, and everything in between.
 Siren.Vagustae
By Siren.Vagustae 2008-11-09 04:31:01  
Antigod said:
The economy isn't bad.. Anyone with any measure of intelligence can make a steady profit in this game. Why do you people have to be so Emo and cry and whine about "teh ecoonomie" all the time. Ooh nooh, everything is expensive.. teh ecoonomie is so bad.. Ooh no all the auction house prices are so low.. teh ecoonomie is so bad.. You people are never happy.. You just want something to *** about, to make your failure seem justified and unavoidable. I have never failed to make money in this game.. and there are many people like me, who do research.. who put forth effort.. who know what they are doing, and are able to make a profit during inflation, recession, and everything in between.

Very well-said.

In addition, there are some nifty FFXI farming guides out there. Google ftw, k?
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-11-09 19:29:01  
Telamon said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=774

Some people are also considerate of their fellow players, and do not put gil ahead of everything else.

Fine by me if you want to do it, but it doesn't necessarily make someone stupid for not doing it.

QFT right hurr.
 Alexander.Jammingjamie
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Jammingjamie 2008-12-03 23:29:12  
how are you correcting ah prices by buying them all up and npc'n them. this will only result in more ppl posting for the same price? if you want to correct ah prices, post them higher, buy them with a mule or your same character and ppl will realize 'hey instead of selling infinity cores for 1k i can sell them for 2k and ppl will still buy them!!!!' zomg i are !stupid
 Gilgamesh.Eole
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Eole
By Gilgamesh.Eole 2008-12-04 05:41:00  
Altruism ?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-04 07:37:06  
Can everyone be assed to go from whitegate to a npc vendor (lets say in selbina) just to check if they can make a tiny profit?

Sure you can use the internet to find prices, not everyone has access or can be bothered to do that. So most people will be ignorant, its much more time effective to just check price history and stick it on given that you will be undercut a lot if you put it on for higher, its a risk i dont like taking personally.

AH prices are dependant on how much stock there is and how much demand there is. The npc vender prices should be the lowest price an item goes for on AH, but undercutting due to high supply can drive prices lower, mostly though ignorance (and people by and large dont check vendor prices unless they crafters). If you want to take advantage of this and npc for profit because you've done your reasearch fine, just please be considerate of other people who might actually need the items your clearing out of stock.
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2008-12-04 14:09:16  
Celestinia said:
Can everyone be assed to go from whitegate to a npc vendor (lets say in selbina) just to check if they can make a tiny profit?

It takes like 2 seconds to stop by a vendor and check vendor price. In fact it usually takes less time than checking AH history.

Why would you have to go to Selbina to check the vendor price? There are plenty of npc vendors in Whitegate/Jeuno that will buy the item for much more than the current AH price.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-04 14:27:33  
True, there are quite a few vendors in whitegate it just depends on the item in question.For eg, if you want to check Hachimaki prices, first you might have to do a search just to find where the vendor is then get to one. Maybe im just lazy lol ...

Edit: hell i dunno wtf i was thinking this for O.o u guys are completely right, just ignore me lol i clearly wasnt concentrating ><
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-12-04 14:27:44  
I don't get why people keep throwing the "ignorance" charge around. "Ignorance" means you don't know what you're doing due to a lack of knowledge.

Most of these people are well aware they could get more money from a vendor. They just don't care. It's a calculated business decision: is it worth my time to go look at a vendor for a possibly higher price?

People who do this have gobs of money already. Losing 100 gil here or there because they didn't check vendor price first means absolutely nothing. Even if it takes only a couple minutess to go check a vendor to make 100 more gil, they could probably make back thousands of gil in the couple minutes they save through leveraging other transactions, so why bother?

Hell, back in the day I still played, I wouldn't even walk across Whitegate for less than 10k. I would rather just throw the spare materials or junk items away and go back to something fun like killing stuff. (Which frequently was both more enjoyable, and net me more money for my time than penny-pinching the AH or selling to vendors anyway.)
 Alexander.Neph
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2008-12-04 15:25:22  
Celestinia said:
[...]eg, if you want to check Hachimaki prices, first you might have to do a search just to find where the vendor is then get to one.[...]

You npc items to general vendors, the ones that will buy everything in your gobbie bag (with the obvious exceptions). There are several in Balrahn Way in Whitegate. We're not talking about the price that npcs sell items to you.
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2008-12-04 20:39:34  
go go nephmonster!
 Alexander.Neph
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2008-12-06 13:50:48  
That dude isn't really my mule, don't think I'm double-posting. ~_~;
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2008-12-07 00:43:24  
double posting here~!
 Alexander.Jammingjamie
By Alexander.Jammingjamie 2008-12-08 01:44:11  
Neph said:
That dude isn't really my mule, don't think I'm double-posting. ~_~;

Another excellent mule of mine
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2008-12-08 02:11:42  
double posting again! (please don't ban me)
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2008-12-08 02:14:58  
Taruwaru said:
I think he is trying to say that Ice staff NPCs for 8000 gil and people sell their Ice staff for 5000 gil on the auction house and pay a 1000 gil auction house tax which comes out to making 4000 gil.

basically you can make TWICE the amount of gil by vendoring the ice staff. it does makes you stupid.

And for the guy who said they do not have a PC to check the vendor price... You are VERY stupid.
You check the price in the game.

It hurts the economy to undercut everything, especially for people who have to craft these to skillup. It takes a month to garden these ores to make these... why should it be sold for 5k.
Nothing should be sold for less then the NPC price, this is why the economy is so bad in FF11 right now, and its you same people who are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE IRL and hurt the real world economy.

After reading this, i went and bought 2 ice staffs, one for 5k, one for 7k with an AH mule of mine, now i wont have to tap into my own item resale funds to pay AH taxes for a few sales =)

The only things that piss me off, there is some scumbag on my server who buys up tier 2 gems from the goldsmithing list, the ones used to make ***like victory or genius rings, when price bottoms out he buys them all up and npc's them, its a damn shame, considering the hq rates of rock to gem synths =(
 Remora.Devek
サーバ: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-08 11:56:14  
I wish someone would sell raise 3 on the AH once in awhile instead of trying to NPC it.

If you see that you can npc it for more than you can sell it, simply buy up all the items on the AH below the npc price and sell your item for a little above the NPC price. Continue until the price gets to where it should be.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2008-12-08 13:47:27  
Devek said:
I wish someone would sell raise 3 on the AH once in awhile instead of trying to NPC it.

If you see that you can npc it for more than you can sell it, simply buy up all the items on the AH below the npc price and sell your item for a little above the NPC price. Continue until the price gets to where it should be.

Ah, monopolies. What a lovely free market we have, here.
First Page 2