How Long Till The Economy Fails

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » How long till the economy Fails
How long till the economy Fails
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-02-27 02:47:43  
Also I can pretty much guarantee I've been playing this game longer than 90% of the population. I beta tested the damn game and have been playing since day 1.

Lying to increase his credibility!!! Wooooo!!! He's getting good now!

Next thing he will say is his father is "Hiromichi Tanaka."

Stay tuned. Thats up next in our exclusive online show "The Retard who didn't know when to shut up."
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-27 02:48:15  
Oh also not to mention the fail augments I've seen like -3str +2 int.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-27 02:48:59  
Apparently the best he can come back with is name calling and silly remarks. I know big words too and holy crap I can use them!... Except I have nothing to prove over the internet to a bunch of people I've never met and probably will never meet. So instead of trying to make myself seem of superior intelligence, I chose to lower myself to everyone else's standards. Btw, Hagun was just an example, I'm not saying this affects only Haguns. I chose Haguns because it is a realistic example for the point I was making seeing as only one small group (Samurai) can use it and it's rare.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-02-27 02:50:47  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Haguns will always be wanted with augmenting around. As more people get their hagun, and demand lowers, price will go down until its low enough where people will be comfortable with mass purchasing for good augments like STR. Price will eventually balance out between (worth doing enm) vs. (worth trying to augment). my 2 cents anyways...
This is a good prediction. I like that ^

I'm going to try to argue like Oddin against you here ok? Here I go! Tell me how well I do.

NooOoo dis iS totallY wrongz!!! Becauze the server will be so smallZ!!!1!!! and Someone will transfer like 50 haguns at once and mess up da price again!!!

How'd I do?
(^_^)
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-27 02:50:52  
Oddin - Cactuar server. Beta tested and have both the PS2 HDDs that SE sent to my house along with the box they're still sitting in. But alas I must be a liar.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-27 02:52:38  
It wasn't that good of an example like I said earlier. Better examples could have been used. In retrospect you must agree? It's just, like I say all the time, its the internet. If you can't handle it, just log off. Its vicious and shows no mercy. I don't know you, you don't know me, you don't know Jaguarx over there. For all you know I could be a serial killer who eats babies alive. The point is, don't get mad about all this ***talking and counter points we are bringing up. It's the net. This could be worse.

This could be /b/. What would you do then? That ***will make you cry and go emo and ***.

[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-27 02:55:32  
I'm not getting mad. I'm defending my point. The "economist" apparently needs to feel superior and break out his dictionary and thesauras and start throwing around big words and failed points. I just reply back with why he's wrong. Apparently I've struck a chord as he's now lowered himself to mocking and name calling.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-02-27 02:57:14  
When I can't beat closed minded retards, I join them. I also bust out my "thesauras" for such an occasion!!!!!

(Spell Check)(Do you need it?)
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-27 02:59:05  
WELP *cough*

There is really no way in knowing what will happen to the economy of FFXI. I can tell what would be a huge factor though: Player base. Fewer players almost always is a sign of fail in every sub system of a MMO. Look at Lineage 2. Look at Star wars galaxies. When 14 is released and the bandwagoners jump ship (they will) then we might see a serious decline in every sub system like I mentioned but there is truely no way to predict it with 100% accuracy. Real life economics is more like a science then an art when applied to real life. We have years of data to compare and human nature has changed ever so slightly so we can pretty much predict anything in real life. MMO's virtual reality and the price of things with its virtual currency is not very tangible and the only evidence you can use to support any conclusion or suggestion is based on other MMO's (which is slightly flawed because each MMO is designed differently because every designer behind the MMO is a different human being etc etc) and the few years that the game has been around. With real life economics you have centuries upon centuries to compare and compile your data and make assumptions that prove to be true more often then not. You don't have that with MMO's and predicting their economy. It's just too hard and its all guessing.

I can say that somewhere between all of our opinions, the truth lies and only when 14 comes can we see what direction this games economy will truely go.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-27 02:59:25  
Now he wants to attack a simple error in typing? Come on... go troll elsewhere. Either make your point or you fail.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-02-27 02:59:51  
I told you, your points were full of fallacies from the get go. Yet you continued arguing with radical assumption based examples. Then, I told you to stop while you still had dignity and look at you. You continue blindly along a path to failure.

I didn't use "thesauras" for that one!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-02-27 03:01:53  
I've tried to make my point using logic. You've tried to convey a point using obscurities.

Keep treading along the path. Your almost to the point where you point out your own failure.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-27 03:06:03  
Actually you listed off the assumptions and I shot them down. All of the assumptions you listed made absolutely no change to the demand of the item. Eventually the demand would go down. It was actually someone else who made the good point with the augmenting of Haguns. That would actually change the whole point I was trying to make. Haguns would become consumable then and people would buy more should they fail to get what they wanted on the previous one and if they had the money to spare.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-02-27 03:11:54  
congrats!!!! You did it! You finally offically failed.

I pointed out the augments on my first post of this thread. Did you not realize this?
Ofcourse you didn't, because you claimed my points where "Uh lol. You're dead wrong."

You've been contradicting yourself all night. You offically fail at economics, spelling, diction, and syntax.

You give off the impression of being a ten year old (as somone already called you in another thread go look under the I want to play a war for a week thread). You argue with no meaning, you fail without spell check, and you think you apparently "know it all." I should have stayed out of this thread from the get go.

I guess it doesn't help that I'm a Speech and Debate Major with a Minor in ECONOMICS.
(and before you tell me your a professor from Harvard with a PHD Piss off I won't believe you)

Anyway, I'm done arguing my logic vs. your slander.
I've got to go to bed.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-27 03:16:49  
Ok, you're absolutely correct. I completely missed it. I read the post but didn't catch the augment part. That would be my fault and I'm sorry for wasting your time. By the way, I'm 25. I just made a common mistake.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-27 03:22:20  
Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
You're almost to the point where you point out your own failure.

Fixed

/trollin'
[+]
 Caitsith.Zelmont
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zelmont1
By Caitsith.Zelmont 2010-02-27 03:23:39  
Every thread ive read here just turns in to a arguement..
FFXI has quite the community lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-27 03:28:21  
Caitsith.Zelmont said:
Every thread ive read here just turns in to a arguement..
FFXI has quite the community lol

I had no idea there were communities that existed without conflict!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zelmont
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zelmont1
By Caitsith.Zelmont 2010-02-27 03:41:52  
Touche'
[+]
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Loltron
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-02-27 03:46:09  
Besides the whole Augment thing owning Oddin's theory, he had a valid point showing that there could eventually be no demand for items. I thought it was funny how you stated that Oddin was close-minded Jaguar when you actually came off as being more so than he was, even after he counteracted some of the points you were making. You even started to just mock him rather than come up with a valid rebuttal; that's when I lost all respect for what you had to say. That said, even with the whole augment factor, everyone could one day be happy with the augments they had and therefore no more demand as well. It's all just speculation and it could go either way. We'll see.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-27 03:55:20  
Thank you. I think he needs to stop and think about something he said earlier. This isn't the real world. You can't always use normal economics when comparing a virtual world to the real world. I mean it's impossible to say that no item in the real world will ever have no demand because you're talking about 6 billion+ people. In this game though, you're talking about 1500-2000 people per server. It's VERY possible for this to happen.
[+]
 Seraph.Drakelth
サーバ: Seraph
user: drakelth
By Seraph.Drakelth 2010-02-27 03:59:27  
There is a limited number of possible augments, with enough tries you will get what you want sooner or later. There will also be new items as long as SE updates. I believe the economy will grow around new items, and forget the old.
[+]
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-02-27 03:59:57  
Especially towards the very end if there is maybe only 2000 people left altogether. It's completely possible for them to all have certain items and therefore destroy the demand for them. I don't know why this guy doesn't see that possibility.

Edit @ Drak: Note what you said though, "as long as SE updates". If they stop adding new updates then Oddin's theory is very viable.
[+]
 Seraph.Drakelth
By Seraph.Drakelth 2010-02-27 04:02:58  
yes I agree.
[+]
 Seraph.Drakelth
By Seraph.Drakelth 2010-02-27 04:04:30  
I just hope we can keep some semblance of an economy until SE decides to say, this game is done with. When people move to FFXIV i can see a massive price change across all servers.
[+]
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-02-27 04:08:10  
Something huge is definitely going to happen. Didn't SE announce they'd be closing the servers down in 2 years or something? I thought I heard that.
[+]
 Seraph.Drakelth
By Seraph.Drakelth 2010-02-27 04:10:24  
It turned out to be some email leak or something, i believe. I do not believe they have made a public anouncement as of yet.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-02-27 04:46:29  
When ffxi dies, it dies. Who cares when thats going to be, or what events are going to lead up to it. Enjoy it while you can and quit your bitching.