New Level Cap 99?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 14:55:10  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Wonder if QD would work with non-guns/bullets since you can use it /cor Like rdm/cor... can get what will probably be like ballad I from the roll... but you get to QD your own debuffs. That would be so fun. Dasva cast Slow II Dasva uses earth shot.

Imma have to burst your dreams there and say

that wont happen because SE said that job support abilities would be adjusted in the cap raise to 99 so that abilities could be used that didn't over shadow the main job. This means you probably won't get QD from /cor. You can however look forward to SCH/RDM with refresh. That would make sense for them to allow that.

Gilgamesh.Raulete
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: raulin
By Gilgamesh.Raulete 2010-02-28 14:58:27  
yea 24 new levels and surely new gear and etc etc....
anything about a new inv, mog house, locker, storage upgrades plus storages npcs? ; ; or reset the rare/ex of some items for sent at your mules? ; ;
 Kujata.Embem
サーバ: Kujata
user: embem
By Kujata.Embem 2010-02-28 15:00:59  
Anyone else extremely *** pissed about this ***?
[+]
 Tuv
By Tuv 2010-02-28 15:02:13  
Not I, i like it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Qdog
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Qdog
By Fenrir.Qdog 2010-02-28 15:06:08  
oh gee....work hard for 7-8 year hit 75.....yeah now do it again and hit 99....yeah pretty *** pissed
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 15:06:17  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Wonder if QD would work with non-guns/bullets since you can use it /cor Like rdm/cor... can get what will probably be like ballad I from the roll... but you get to QD your own debuffs. That would be so fun. Dasva cast Slow II Dasva uses earth shot.
Imma have to burst your dreams there and say

that wont happen because SE said that job support abilities would be adjusted in the cap raise to 99 so that abilities could be used that didn't over shadow the main job. This means you probably won't get QD from /cor. You can however look forward to SCH/RDM with refresh. That would make sense for them to allow that.
Maybe maybe not I mean according to the pic they realeased it looks like pups usings chi blast and whm using convert

QD is nice but not exactly game defining in pt setting for cor. About as much as chi blast is.

Refresh kinda is game defining. It's the #1 reason people invite rdms over other support jobs
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:16:59  
Fenrir.Qdog said:
oh gee....work hard for 7-8 year hit 75.....yeah now do it again and hit 99....yeah pretty *** pissed

It took you 8 years to hit 75? ***!

/comfort.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:18:36  
QD is way more worthwhile then Chi blast ever was. Never compare the two.

QD is how a cor sleeps as well as dispels and elemental damage. Tell me QD isn't usefull in PT and I'll point out that you know nothing about it. No offense ofcourse, just pointing that out.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 15:19:58  
OH yeah well convert is 100X better!!! And seriously who can't sleep mobs psh.
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-28 15:25:27  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

This is NOT the first time they've done something like this! EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY.

While you are right, this isn't the first time.

This is the first time since the game has matured. Back when they upped the cap to 75 they were making MASSIVE changes on a regular biases, every update was a nerf or buff.

The game has changes a lot since then, so it will be more of an 'upheaval' this time round (imo)
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 15:29:36  
I think people are just overwhelmed getting all this dumped on them in one swift announcement. Implementation is typically gradual and slow as we've seen in the past.

Don't worry folks, you'll grow into it.

Don't forget the emergency maintenance they'll have when they (and will) *** up new content and have to fix it before everyone goes apeshit more so than they already are over just hearing about it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-28 15:32:12  
This is going to sound pretentious, but I have an Adaman Hauberk and I don't care if it becomes obsolete. Did I work damn hard for that thing? You bet I did. Countless late nights and such.

However, being afraid of change just for the sake of being afraid of it is silly. If the game massively improves and Ebody does become a thing of the past, I certainly don't really care. Anything HNM-based should be obsoleted anyway... that scene needs to die out.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:36:08  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
This is going to sound pretentious, but I have an Adaman Hauberk and I don't care if it becomes obsolete. Did I work damn hard for that thing? You bet I did. Countless late nights and such. However, being afraid of change just for the sake of being afraid of it is silly. If the game massively improves and Ebody does become a thing of the past, I certainly don't really care. Anything HNM-based should be obsoleted anyway... that scene needs to die out.

so Raen we making a triumphant return just in time for the new ***? I'm down if you are.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 15:37:24  
I am sorely tempted to leave BLM at 75 forever. On the other hand, I hear Meteor calling my name for gleeful carnage.

What to do, what to do...

Raen you need to come back :( So much new stuff to experience!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:38:50  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I am sorely tempted to leave BLM at 75 forever. On the other hand, I hear Meteor calling my name for gleeful carnage. What to do, what to do... Raen you need to come back :( So much new stuff to experience!

So much stuff for him to be wrong about too! XD I love you raen but *** man you get some stuff wrong and everyone calls you RaenWRONG.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-28 15:39:50  
I am becoming tempted but ARGH lack of time :( :( :(

I'll probably see how it pans out for a bit and make a decision from there! I certainly don't want to watch SAMs get even more overpowered and it could be horrendous getting parties for all of this exping on my DRK etc :(

EDIT: Everyone? Who else stole that phrase from Kelia?!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:41:19  
Naturally Kelia said it. So everyone knows

-Dumbledore
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-28 15:49:00  
I also don't get that much stuff wrong in fairness :(
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:51:06  
Ofcourse. Thats why your still loved.
 Gilgamesh.Andras
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-02-28 15:52:12  
wtf is this ***, i just got pld to 74 two days ago and was happy i was going to finally get it to 75... now i gotta get 24 more levels after that... and i need to level my war from 75 to 99 wtf
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-28 15:52:20  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I am sorely tempted to leave BLM at 75 forever. On the other hand, I hear Meteor calling my name for gleeful carnage.

F BLM, BLU 99 go!
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-02-28 15:52:35  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
The drama queens are ridiculous.

This isn't going to break the game. They said they will be adjusting everything. IF HNMs are soloable then the drops won't be worth it to your level 99 anyways, so what's the point. So you spent years getting your gear? Some of it will probably still be useful. If not, then who cares. You've got a new challenge to get new and better gear. What fun is FFXI when you've already got the best gear? Almost none. The whole point of FFXI is to level and collect epic gear, and have fun whilst doing so. Your horizons just broadened. Calm the *** down, geez.
^ This

Now I'm not exactly sure why everyone is complaining so much? I mean sure it could be kind of sad that "oh my usukane will be 24 levels under cap". But really the game is kind of dying however much I hate to admit it. I think if anything this will give people new things to explore and try. I haven't taken a break from the game in the last 4-5 years of playing so I don't plan on quitting over something like this. I think it's just one of those "wait and see" situations.

Personally though depending on how long it takes to get to 99, I will probably only get a couple of jobs to cap. PLD and SAM. Granted I'm not sure how I will lvl PLD 24 more levels? It was hard enough to level from 70-75 since everyone likes tp burns. If anything I am slightly concerned how I will level that, but SAM should be np.

I'm really looking forward to see how we can utilize all of the new main/sub ability combinations. Also I would love to see some new innovative abilities, spells, merits and gear for the higher levels. Not to mention I am excited to explore some new areas to xp in. I think it will be an entirely different game at least for all of us who have had severals 75s for a while. If you don't like the introduction of all of this new content, don't take part in it, just keep attending your weekly dynamis, sky, sea, salvage, etc events and don't bother with all of the new exciting things. Or please be my guest and just quit. I am going to wait and see before I declare, "OHNOES MY FFXI WORLD IS ENDED!!!1"
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-02-28 15:53:51  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

F BLM, BLU 99 go!

Blu new awesome spells? o.o
blue mages will start turning around during fights and use Spike Flail?
 Gilgamesh.Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-02-28 15:55:00  
i bet pld will be hard to get to 99, i think people will either be burning or meritpo colibri style
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-28 15:55:25  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I am becoming tempted but ARGH lack of time :( :( :(

Get your *** to Kujata/Vaelfor/whatever-the-fcuk-it-will-be-called as we are planning a big *** EU party and everyone who drinks tea, eats crumpets and plays polo is invited :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 15:56:19  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

F BLM, BLU 99 go!
Of course. BLU gets leveled before anything else when the new caps arrive. Everything after that is up in the air at the moment though.
 Seraph.Dricent
サーバ: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-02-28 15:56:41  
You have to think abouteverything that is set in the game to recognize cap 75. In bumping cap up to 99 even gradually everything in this game is going to have to be changed. It's just not gonna be the same FFXI anymore. I will try it out at first but if they turn this into a WoW clone I think I would just have to quit. And you can forget about FFXIV cause if they F up ffxi they just gonna mess up ffxiv so why bother.
 Remora.Endrance
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Endrance 2010-02-28 15:56:59  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
This is going to sound pretentious, but I have an Adaman Hauberk and I don't care if it becomes obsolete. Did I work damn hard for that thing? You bet I did. Countless late nights and such. However, being afraid of change just for the sake of being afraid of it is silly. If the game massively improves and Ebody does become a thing of the past, I certainly don't really care. Anything HNM-based should be obsoleted anyway... that scene needs to die out.

So true Raen, too many people bitching about HNM and ruining their lives over it.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 15:56:59  
PLD/RDM solo gonna be balling yo
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23