New Level Cap 99?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 21 22 23
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 17:22:43  
Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch said:
I am hoping that the raise in lvl cap will be more like 1-24 then 51-75. Just adding a few more abilities and stat increases. Hopefully, SE isn't stupid enough to make our hard earned 75 equipment worthless. Seriously, alot of LS's make their money from doing dyna and selling currency. If dyna/relics/currency become worthless then alot of Linkshells are going to fade away. If SE is smart they will make sure that the difference between lvl 75 and 99 gear isn't that great.
/deadhorse

Relics and other high-end gear are augmentable via the upcoming system.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 17:25:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I am hoping that the raise in lvl cap will be more like 1-24 then 51-75. Just adding a few more abilities and stat increases. Hopefully, SE isn't stupid enough to make our hard earned 75 equipment worthless. Seriously, alot of LS's make their money from doing dyna and selling currency. If dyna/relics/currency become worthless then alot of Linkshells are going to fade away. If SE is smart they will make sure that the difference between lvl 75 and 99 gear isn't that great.
/deadhorse

Certainly doesn't mean they will for sure up the base level on these pieces of equipment even if augmented they probably will not be equal to that of a Lv99 piece of equipment of that type.

All of these mysterious questions are building up huh
 Seraph.Jacon
サーバ: Seraph
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-02-28 17:26:39  
great for those who will keep playing, some were gonna quit anyways with new game coming out.. everyone has their own agenda so do what you want.

you pay the bills every month.

however, it just feels like it would make the game a complete joke to me. Want no part of grinding out more lvls again, capping stuff even if it's released over time.

Time for me to move on.

it's just so much more work to do.. after playing since 2002 that's what if feels like. work.
[+]
By chaosgod 2010-02-28 17:27:40  
PLD99/RDM49 will be the ultimate solo combo
self refresh, convert
or SCH99/RDM49 AoE refresh
this is going to make a impact on how much RDM are needed in a party.
I think this is a good idea, but SE will need to make a alot of changes, with atm with /SAM meditate only gives 60%tp they will need to make Refresh maybe 1-2 mp per second, and give RDM refresh II so that way it wont change how jobs are needed.
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:28:31  
Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
/deadhorse

Certainly doesn't mean they will for sure up the base level on these pieces of equipment even if augmented they probably will not be equal to that of a Lv99 piece of equipment of that type.

Apparently you can pick what is augmented on gear upcoming then again they said that about FoV... so you never know
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 17:29:32  
Seraph.Jacon said:
great for those who will keep playing, some were gonna quit anyways with new game coming out.. everyone has their own agenda so do what you want.

you pay the bills every month.

however, it just feels like it would make the game a complete joke to me. Want no part of grinding out more lvls again, capping stuff even if it's released over time.

Time for me to move on.

That's what you call lack of interest in the game. Kinda sad, yet it's probably how it's going to be for a lot of players.

Will be fun but from all of this kinda makes me wonder if people will end up finding more loop holes, exploiting them and getting themselves banned. lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 17:30:31  
Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:

SE has a well-established precedent of avoiding introducing new items that completely obsolete old ones. This new system nicely circumvents that problem while raising the ceiling for top-notch gear. At the very least I expect relics to maintain their status, given that they were always intended to be the best weapons in the game.

What really intrigues me is the branching nature of the system... up to 500 different variations or something like that? ***'s crazy.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-02-28 17:31:37  
For the love of <insert deity here>, I've already put this in like, 9 threads.
Square Enix said:
Enhancing a Weapon
A Trial of the Magians weapon enhancement quest can be initiated by first trading a suitable weapon to a Magian Moogle NPC, at which point a list of corresponding quests will be displayed. Players may choose a quest based on difficulty level and the enhancement they would like added to their weapon, which will be granted upon the fulfillment of the quest objective.

A single weapon can undergo numerous upgrades. By trading an already-enhanced weapon to a Magian Moogle, players can undertake successive quests to have it further improved. Multiple quests can be undertaken simultaneously.

By repeating the quests, up to 80 different features can be added to a single weapon. With figures such as Damage and Delay added to the equation, there exist 500 possible attribute patterns for a single quest branch!

There are also plans to make it possible to enhance Relic and Mythic weapons through Trial of the Magians. While players can expect quest difficulty to far exceed similar quests released thus far, we are confident the rewards will make it more than worth the while!

Armor will be added soonishly. They did Excalibur during the live feed. Quit QQing and read the damn update notes thoroughly and stop listening to people saying, "Ohai! i herd xyz is happenen!"
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2010-02-28 17:36:00  
This is a brilliant move by SE. You just have to look at the big picture. FFXIV is on the horizon and some people may or may not move to the new game.

What this does is ensure a balance if and when the player base dries up. A small party of lv 99 would be enough to handle Dynamis or most other events.

This ensures that when the inevitable happens that the die hards can still enjoy the game. They are giving the die hards the tools they need to keep going. They are also consolidating server populations. Everything points to them getting ready to "move on" so to speak. This might be an incentive to return for me..... might...

Like it or not, this was a very smart move.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:38:06  
Gilgamesh.Phalon said:
This is a brilliant move by SE. You just have to look at the big picture. FFXIV is on the horizon and some people may or may not move to the new game.

What this does is ensure a balance if and when the player base dries up. A small party of lv 99 would be enough to handle Dynamis or most other events.

This ensures that when the inevitable happens that there the die hards can still enjoy the game. They are giving the die hards the tools they need to keep going. They are also consolidating server populations. Everything points to them getting ready to "move on" so to speak. This might be an incentive to return for me..... might...

This.

Unless they cap things like dynamis at 75 which i hope to god they don't.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 17:39:30  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Gilgamesh.Phalon said:

This ensures that when the inevitable happens that there the die hards can still enjoy the game. They are giving the die hards the tools they need to keep going. They are also consolidating server populations. Everything points to them getting ready to "move on" so to speak. This might be an incentive to return for me..... might...

This.

Unless they cap things like dynamis at 75 which i hope to god they don't.

hope they dont cap events

but this^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 17:40:23  
I wanna solo dienamis!
 Seraph.Jacon
サーバ: Seraph
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-02-28 17:42:16  
"This ensures that when the inevitable happens that there the die hards can still enjoy the game. They are giving the die hards the tools they need to keep going"

If you've been playing this game since the year it came out.. that makes you a diehard, ffxi lifer, etc whether you continue once ff14 comes out or not.

but yeah good for those who will want everything you needed to have groups helping you with to achieve. Gotta have it all eh? lol
 Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-02-28 17:42:17  
omg you know what would be *** epic and the smartest most awsomest thing SE could ever do... lvl 100 bubbly burnie!!!!i hope that giant crab is bubbly in the past!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-02-28 17:43:31  
Just a thought. But people saying i hope 98-> 99 isnt like 100K xp, what if they are trying to make 99 a rare title, lots of MMORPGS have the highest possible level as near impossible to reach, it actually means people will care what level you are, and not just assume you are 75 like now. It also makes you want to keep going.

Ps: i hope 98->99 is like 500k + i have no lvl 75s muaha

Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-02-28 17:45:00  
"To break the level 75 cap players must first prove thier worth. And maat has put his cap up this time so we went to another who can prove your worth... thats right FFers!!! BUBBLY BURNIE is back!!!!"
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 17:53:19  
I really hope they dont break any job by messing around with sub traits, spells, skills and even weapon skills.

Although your all thinking Lv99 is probably this all awesome thing were we will be able to overcome the world much easier! I don't think that's going to be the case. All the stuff that is hard now will probably be hard after the update. Boosted NM levels. Harder Dynamises, Harder Limbuses.

Probably not though considering the drops in the areas are around Lv75, they will probably be capped. Hopefully all relic pieces of equipment will be able to be boosted too because if not i'm guessing not as many people will attend such events anymore.
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-02-28 18:49:55  
Even though I'm finished with it, removing the level cap for CoP areas is pretty pimp. A lot of things I'd like to go back and take revenge for.

Setting the level Cap at 99 seems like a strike at the only problem worse than RMT: Elitism. As a MMO gets older it must get easier. It tells me FFXI is nearing the end of its life span, but it's so much fun to see people crying about such a trivial thing.
 Sylph.Ridley
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Ridley 2010-02-28 19:08:24  
Everyone keeps saying that complaining and bitching won't solve the problem. Well you're wrong, if enough people petition against this it may be changed. I for one will either not play as much or not at all. Also many of the people that say "If you don't like it quit" need to come up with points that make the level cap increase more favourable. Plenty of then just quit and not enough people stating why this is a good thing. But seriously this makes the game just nonsense. I am not looking for anything like this to happen because it changes the game in many negative ways than positive. Does the level cap makes this game fresh and exciting? Not really. Its just more of the same thing that I've been doing in this game for nearly 8 years. Why would I think that taking all the 75's I have leveled to 80+ would be a good idea? Point of 75 for the entirety of the game was the be all end all for leveling that job. Now you change it around to "spice" things up. I call foul. Its just going to make it more of the same old. And subjob adjustments, well thats a given. But still, when this was just talk amongst an EXP party I said back then that increasing the cap would be a bad idea. Gaining more EXP isn't going to increase the fun and challenge of this game. More events or level capped events i.e. 50-60-70 would be more fun. So far Square is doing everything in its power to ruin this game. I hope that some staff from Square actually reads the feedback that some players are expressing with their disapproval of the increased caps. And again if all you have is to say quit the game well... You're not presenting a good counterpoint for the argument and to me you're just flaming up the thread.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 19:11:10  
Sorry not sure if any of that is worth reading cause really space bar use it.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 19:13:08  
Idk, I don't like when I have to do capped events. I don't get much use out of my gear.
 Sylph.Ridley
By Sylph.Ridley 2010-02-28 19:18:26  
*sigh* The ignorance of the Internet. Don't bother reading the post because I didn't space it out. Hahaha. Whatever floats your boat.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 19:20:36  
I read it. If you don't like it no one says you have to level to 99. No one says you have to play. You can still participate in events that are 75ATM. Some people have fun on the game at level 30, doesnt mean they feel obligated to get 75 or even 99. Its your game if you don't like it then don't do it you can still achieve w/e we've achieve'd so far at 75 you'll just miss out on w/e is at 99. It's no one problem if you don't wanna do it lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 19:21:08  
Sylph.Ridley said:
*sigh* The ignorance of the Internet. Don't bother reading the post because I didn't space it out. Hahaha. Whatever floats your boat.
Ironic coming from a guy who can't format a paragraph.

It's hard on the eyes. If you want us to read it, make it reader-friendly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 19:24:09  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Ridley said:
Ironic coming from a guy who can't format a paragraph. It's hard on the eyes.

If you want us to read it, make it reader-friendly.
Exactly. No one would ever read a book/news article/instructions/anything that goes on like that. Why should random people on the internet?
 Sylph.Ridley
By Sylph.Ridley 2010-02-28 19:28:47  
Everyone keeps saying that complaining and bitching won't solve the problem. Well you're wrong, if enough people petition against this it may be changed. I for one will either not play as much or not at all. Also many of the people that say "If you don't like it quit" need to come up with points that make the level cap increase more favourable. Plenty of then just quit and not enough people stating why this is a good thing. But seriously this makes the game just nonsense. I am not looking for anything like this to happen because it changes the game in many negative ways than positive.

Does the level cap makes this game fresh and exciting? Not really. Its just more of the same thing that I've been doing in this game for nearly 8 years. Why would I think that taking all the 75's I have leveled to 80+ would be a good idea? Point of 75 for the entirety of the game was the be all end all for leveling that job. Now you change it around to "spice" things up. I call foul. Its just going to make it more of the same old. And subjob adjustments, well thats a given.

But still, when this was just talk amongst an EXP party I said back then that increasing the cap would be a bad idea. Gaining more EXP isn't going to increase the fun and challenge of this game. More events or level capped events i.e. 50-60-70 would be more fun. So far Square is doing everything in its power to ruin this game. I hope that some staff from Square actually reads the feedback that some players are expressing with their disapproval of the increased caps. And again if all you have is to say quit the game well... You're not presenting a good counterpoint for the argument and to me you're just flaming up the thread.

Happy? With the time spent complaining about my lack of paragraph formation you people could have read this post 20 times.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 21 22 23