FFXIV Closed Beta Invites Start Tomorrow
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-11 19:56:07  
Kujata.Segaia said:
LittleHorus said:
ANyone got an account they wont play? I will gladly make you an offer for the Alpha access!

Want my credit card number too? lol

dont get too excited over an alpha... it is more a pain rather than experiencing the game
yes this is true. You guys have basically been hired without paid to fix SE's problems. As a beta testers your supposed to send in bug reports etc. etc. FFXIV probably won't be fun during alpha test (now) because of all the bugs etc. The open beta will be a good taste of what we will see from the finished product. Good luck testers ^^
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-11 20:00:26  
I'm actually really surprised that their beta test turned out to be an alpha. Public alpha tests are a rarity these days, as "alpha" tends to imply "barely playable." Usually you do your alphas in-house, or friends and family only. It usually implies there's still an awful lot of work to do and you're nowhere near a releasable or complete product.

Doing "beta" signups and then missing your self-imposed deadline and pushing an alpha, implies to me that they're significantly behind, especially if they intend to make the following closed beta, then open beta, longer than FF11's was. (As they've stated they want to do.)

It makes me wonder if the game will even be fully released this year, but that's just idle speculation on my part. I could be misunderstanding.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-11 20:02:32  
As long as they follow the "It's done when it's done." rule, I'm sure it'll be great. Nothing worse than a rushed game when there's an unrealistic deadline or misused funds.
 Fenrir.Riousan
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-04-10 04:16:59  
Selected <<< Because I'm that awesome.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Natashab
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Natashab
By Bismarck.Natashab 2010-06-01 19:17:48  
I got mine!!!!
 Asura.Valentino
サーバ: Asura
user: Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-06-03 14:05:27  
What was the date you got yours on?? Were they sent out all at once or are they still being sent out??
 Asura.Lamuerte
user: Danwazere
By Asura.Lamuerte 2010-06-03 14:24:28  
I got my invite yesterday, but i have not been able to sign into the site yet :x
 Lakshmi.Aequis
user: Aequis
By Lakshmi.Aequis 2010-06-03 14:51:24  
At least you guys have an idea of where you're meant to log in at? I received an email from SE a few days ago saying:

"As always, we would like to thank you for your continued participation in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Test.

The dates and times of the ninth test will be as follows. (All times are GMT.)"

I was confused as I haven't received a reply from them at all since applying for alpha test ages ago, and certainly haven't participated in any testing so far. Presumed I hadn't been accepted and just basically forgot all about it.

So I contacted SE via email support and asked them to clarify what my situation was. In or not? Emailed me by mistake? The guy told me that was the message letting me know I'd been accepted into the beta, but it gave no URLs of websites to log into and no other information at all. He just said, "you should be able to log in as normal now".

With what username/pass, and where?! I don't even know which version I've been accepted into as I have both a PS3 and a gaming PC. Bit lost right now...
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-03 14:53:26  
I wonder how many invites have been lost in spam folders...
 Diabolos.Levelle
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Levelle75
By Diabolos.Levelle 2010-06-03 15:17:03  
Random'd too low again /sigh
 Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-06-05 14:23:01  
It just bothers me how unorganized SE does things. At least how unorganized they do things with anywhere other then Japan. Its obnoxious.... -.-
 Ragnarok.Ezzi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Serey
By Ragnarok.Ezzi 2010-06-05 14:34:20  
I got mine... But I was also in Alpha. Char called Absolute Virtue lol. Alpha testers get both Alpha + Beta invites. x
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-05 14:43:49  
Ragnarok.Ezzi said:
I got mine... But I was also in Alpha. Char called Absolute Virtue lol. Alpha testers get both Alpha Beta invites. x

Next test is not Beta, they are starting Alpha Phase II. Beta Follows that, unless their server equipment is so fuxed it needs a third stage of Alpha just to stabilize.
 Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-06-05 14:48:06  
Bleh I have about 5-6 friends applying too and they didn't get anything
 Ragnarok.Ezzi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Serey
By Ragnarok.Ezzi 2010-06-05 14:50:33  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ragnarok.Ezzi said:
I got mine... But I was also in Alpha. Char called Absolute Virtue lol. Alpha testers get both Alpha Beta invites. x
Next test is not Beta, they are starting Alpha Phase II. Beta Follows that, unless their server equipment is so fuxed it needs a third stage of Alpha just to stabilize.

I know that much, if you breathe to heavy in RL you crash the game.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11