users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Unsold Percentage
Unsold Percentage
 Titan.Palesade
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: pale
By Titan.Palesade 2008-11-13 16:02:11  
I recognize that it would be impossible to do this precisely, but you could at least come up with an estimated number for how often a particular item goes unsold on the auction house.

Couldn't you just keep track of the currently available number and watch and see if that number ever went down by a larger amount than the recently sold ones showed?

For example, if you watch it and there are 5 available on one scan. Then on the next scan there are 2 available but only 2 additional ones on the recent sales, you could conclude that 1 out of 3 didn't sell.

The imprecision would come in if an item was returned unsold and a new one was put up before you scanned the histories again, but I dont' think those few occasions would be that big of a deal.

So yeah, to sum up, I think it'd be cool if I could look up an item, see a price, and then see that around 80% of the ones put on auction house don't sell, and use that info to know that I should lower the price.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-11-13 16:04:35  
Not a bad idea. I always wonder about that with some items. I dont know what trouble it would take to implement that though.
 Midgardsormr.Corwen
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Corwen
By Midgardsormr.Corwen 2008-11-13 19:11:41  
There are too many problems with this in my opinion. Somebody can pull their item off the AH before the 72 hours is up also for whatever reason, such as relisting at a lower price, or change of heart, and there would be no real way to reliably distinguish this from an item actually being returned, since all the scanner would see is stock decreased by 1. Somebody could also continually list a more obscure item and keep trying to get a 50% or higher markup of the going AH price that keeps getting returned, causing this figure to be highly misleading.

It's a good idea to compare sale speed with current stock. For example, if something sells at 1.1 a day and 9 are up, there's a good chance you're going to need to undercut if you want it to sell it anytime soon.