Byrnie+1 Vs. Gallant Surcoat?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Byrnie+1 vs. Gallant Surcoat?
Byrnie+1 vs. Gallant Surcoat?
 Asura.Revelation
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-03-15 11:39:01  
Ok so i'm currently leveling PLD and looking at some gear for later on. My question is why do I never see a PLD using a Byrnie+1(of course not the NQ)?

Now I'm not a PLD encyclopedia, but to me they seem to come very close. And I am not saying Byrnie+1 is better, this is strictly for personally learning.

Byrnie+1
DEF:47 HP+30 STR+5 VIT+5 AGI-3
INT-3 MND-3 CHR-3 Attack+25

VS

Gallant Surcoat
DEF:47 HP+20 VIT+4 Divine Magic skill +5
Enmity+2

With Byrnie you get the same DEF, HP+10, STR+5, VIT+1 and Attack+25 over Gallant, and of course the -stats to go along with it. Which to me would seem alot better for Blood tanking. Good DEF, and more VIT and HP which = less damage taken = less enmity loss? Also the STR+5 and Attack+25 for more DMG = more enmity gain? Not sure on the effect the -stats will have on a PLD.

With Gallant you get same DEF, -10HP no STR, -1VIT and 0 attack compared to Byrnie+1, but of course the deal seems to be the Enmity+2, and I'm not sure on the Divine Magic Skill+5, but that doesn't seem to be very relevant(I'm quite possibly very wrong)

I guess my question is why couldn't Gallant be macroed in for flash/voke etc.. and then switch to Byrnie+1? Or am I missing something on the -stats of the Byrnie, are they the deal breaker?

***Note this is mainly more of an issue more towards blood tanking, of course Haub/+1 would be the winner for DD tanking. But that's not what i'm asking for.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-15 11:39:40  
Haubergeon is better than both.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-15 11:41:28  
Asura.Revelation said:
Gallant be macroed in for flash/voke etc.. and then switch to Byrnie +1

That, only the -agi means ANYTHING to PLD, and even so not much. Byrnie +1 is better for the purposes you have stated.
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-03-15 11:42:19  
Siren.Enternius said:
Haubergeon is better than both.
Asura.Revelation said:
***Note this is mainly more of an issue more towards blood tanking, of course Haub/ 1 would be the winner for DD tanking. But that's not what i'm asking for.

Thanks tho
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-03-15 11:43:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said:
Asura.Revelation said:
Gallant be macroed in for flash/voke etc.. and then switch to Byrnie 1
That, only the -agi means ANYTHING to PLD, and even so not much. Byrnie 1 is better for the purposes you have stated.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-15 11:45:17  
Oh, -mnd means something to cure, but just macro something else in, like Surcoat, if you are going to choose between the two and only between the two, Byrnie +1 is better.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-15 11:46:52  
If by blood tanking, you mean standing there letting something hit you and you doing nothing, you have a point. If by blood tanking, you mean that you have your sword out and are swinging, then haub. You deal more damage, the mob dies faster, so that's less total number of times you get hit, take less damage overall (while keeping better hate)
 Pandemonium.Cipher
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Cipher
By Pandemonium.Cipher 2010-03-15 11:55:38  
As a career PLD by that lvl 55-63ish your main concern is going to be enmity due to the fact that your on birds and they steal your TP and you know this. As far as DD goes, we plds can try our hardest to become "DD" but thats not the purpose of our jobs, yes atonement helps out but it will never par up 2 a gekko or something to that extent. At that lvl you should be more concerned in +enmity gear and pulling hate by cures when voke is down. Now, if your not doing your job right and losing hate or there is a sidewinder happy RNG in the PT at that point i really wouldnt worry about either just get hate back. And rumor around is AGI has to do with shield block rate, havent really seen a difference in it but eh to each his own. I honestly would stick with Gallant until 68 then pick up the Iron Ram body from Campign then get the ACP body for pld if you dont already have it for another job. Just my 2 cents.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-15 11:58:53  
You can macro in enmity for cures and such, DD'ing for TP'ing is still the best method to keep hate rather than just fulltiming enmity gear. 2 enmity (af body) during melee swings isn't going to generate more hate than landing more hits and your hits dealing more damage.