Why The US School System Fails...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » why the US school system fails...
why the US school system fails...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-15 19:47:46  
The US school system fails because it is full of mostly incompetent students being taught by even less competent teachers who have to answer to idiot principals and school boards who are more concerned with politics than actual education.

The US school system fails because the government that runs the entire public system is made up of two parties that are equally corrupt that would rather run this country into the ground while proving the other "wrong" than actually doing something that would be beneficial.

The US school system fails because in large part the parents of the kids that attend the schools don't really give a ***how well their kids are educated or how well they behave. If little Johnny isn't doing well then it's always the fault of someone else, BUT there will be hell to pay if someone actually attempts to discipline the kid to get them to do better.

Not to mention the entire system set up to grade students and schools is a complete joke. Standardized testing is a gigantic waste of time. The fact that our schools are supposed to be a factory of college students is beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Not everyone is going to go to college. Period. Many can't afford it, many don't want to go and not every job out there requires it.

I could add about 10 more points and flesh each of them out into a *** dissertation, but I won't WOT you all.
[+]
 Garuda.Snuffy
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Snuffy 2010-03-15 19:49:18  
All of those changes listed are matters of opinion and world view; ideally books should present all the major world views and opinions on history and politics in equal measure and let the students debate among themselves to strengthen things like rhetoric skills, critical analysis, and so on. Well that doesn't happen in any textbook I've seen, so it doesn't really matter what view, liberal or conservative, students get because neither sparks any deep thought.

Just like you can have a science book that presents all the universally accepted theories, the students miss the point of questioning knowledge completely even thought they learn the right answer. A great science book should get kids to question and doubt everything they are told, and then prove it for themselves with experiments (as part of a lab or at home).

So to me the point is moot whether their books are written by Rush Limbaugh or Al Franken. Furthermore, these local biases and skews are mitigated by the information you can find on the internet. A conservative-taught Texan child needs only go through the Wikipedia article on free markets to find links to scholarly critiques of capitalism. The only thing keeping kids from accessing opposing world views is the limits of their own curiosity and openness. And like I said, no one on either side really teaches that. If you don't think so, ask yourself when is the last time you seriously considered changing your own view on something important.