I Saw Gangs Of New York For The First Time Yesterday.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » I saw Gangs of New York for the first time yesterday.
I saw Gangs of New York for the first time yesterday.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-16 10:09:21  
Dayum, Daniel Day Lewis was good.

Asura.Braego
サーバ: Asura
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-03-16 10:16:29  
It's a great movie.
By snuffleupagus 2010-03-16 12:19:52  
First time I saw it I loved it, then the second time I realized Cameron Diaz's character wasn't necessary and just a pointless "love interest" for the sake of having one, and on third viewing found much of the second act to be fat in need of some trim and the ending is about as tacky as Bono opening his jacket to reveal his American Flag fabric.

In retrospect it's got a spectacular first act and a lot of good material, but it slows down a lot and doesn't know if it's a blockbuster or a personal drama. If you like DDL and the period-ness of it, check out "There Will Be Blood". Same time period, similar themes.
 Fenrir.Vacian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-16 12:29:23  
"There Will Be Blood" was another great one, I tried telling my gf that Gangs of NewYork was an awesome movie and she would love it, caught it on tv the other day...I was right :P

and yeah I agree Diaz's role serves little to no purpose at all in that movie other than that though amazing
 Asura.Braego
サーバ: Asura
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-03-16 12:35:05  
snuffleupagus said:
First time I saw it I loved it, then the second time I realized Cameron Diaz's character wasn't necessary and just a pointless "love interest" for the sake of having one, and on third viewing found much of the second act to be fat in need of some trim and the ending is about as tacky as Bono opening his jacket to reveal his American Flag fabric.

In retrospect it's got a spectacular first act and a lot of good material, but it slows down a lot and doesn't know if it's a blockbuster or a personal drama. If you like DDL and the period-ness of it, check out "There Will Be Blood". Same time period, similar themes.

Yeah I can understand where you are coming from. I will say this, it's probably one of the best built movie sets I've ever seen.

I didn't find "There Will Be Blood" to be that amazing. It's given that Daniel Day Lewis was amazing in it. I find it funny though alot of the issues you mentioned editing wise with Gangs of New York are the same ones I'd say are the problem with There Will Be Blood.