users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PT invites
PT invites
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2010-03-17 12:50:40  
I consider it offensive and the fastest way to get a Bad Reputation.
The way I see it... unless you are Japanese (which is a culture thing of disbanding without notice or regards for the other 5 people in party) OR the party you are SUCKS big time OR you have a RL issue, please stay as long you can.

I am most times Leader when i make XP parties, and only ask people 20 minutes so I can get their rep.

Some people are AWESOME at their jobs and others think because they are NIN PLD BRD COR (they get that ELITIST / irreplaceable air) they can come and leave parties just like ditching a Mickey D's to go play at Burger King...
I will remember you, and many I have seen Lfg a BLU SCH BLM MNK DRK (who used to be the same COR BRD PLD NIN etc) out there won't get any invites from me (or any other pt leaders they ditched) in the past.

Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-17 12:56:03  
It's not a big deal, it's not difficult to politely refuse or ignore.

There were times, when yes, I also asked people that were blue/yellow meaning they were in a party.

And more than a couple of times did the person in question join my party, so it's not really that weird.

Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 13:00:42  
Fairy.Pwrlessgirl said:
I consider it offensive and the fastest way to get a Bad Reputation.
The way I see it... unless you are Japanese (which is a culture thing of disbanding without notice or regards for the other 5 people in party) OR the party you are SUCKS big time OR you have a RL issue, please stay as long you can.

I am most times Leader when i make XP parties, and only ask people 20 minutes so I can get their rep.

Some people are AWESOME at their jobs and others think because they are NIN PLD BRD COR (they get that ELITIST / irreplaceable air) they can come and leave parties just like ditching a Mickey D's to go play at Burger King...
I will remember you, and many I have seen Lfg a BLU SCH BLM MNK DRK (who used to be the same COR BRD PLD NIN etc) out there won't get any invites from me (or any other pt leaders they ditched) in the past.
I get a rep when I party hop
 Ifrit.Itazura
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-03-18 13:29:44  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
There were times, when yes, I also asked people that were blue/yellow meaning they were in a party.

Why do this, especially if the person is obviously in an exp party?

Seems selfish to tear apart other people's party just so you can build yours...
 Ifrit.Phlow
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-03-19 07:42:34  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
It's not a big deal, it's not difficult to politely refuse or ignore.

And more than a couple of times did the person in question join my party, so it's not really that weird.

Unless it's a friend, I ignore them.

Usually, when a person is so desperate that they have to beg complete strangers that are already in a party, it's a good indication that the party is going to suck on overdrive.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-19 07:44:36  
And were complaining why :P

If your current party sucks or is not to your expectations you can second chance it with another PT :D

I've done it a few times. Of course i do get a rep though lol.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-19 07:55:59  
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

Why do this, especially if the person is obviously in an exp party?

Seems selfish to tear apart other people's party just so you can build yours...

I wasn't specifically talking about experiencing myself, to be fair. I was talking about creating parties for all occasions.

And I don't ask people in a party that are out in leveling areas; VD, Qufim, Shitadel, WG, mire.

A lot of times, mainly in cities people are in parties that serve no purpose or people have simply forgotten to disband. I don't know about you, but Sylph isn't very crowdy. Or well, it might be now with Fairy joining. As a EU I had to exp when both NA and JP were sleeping.

Ifrit.Phlow said:
Usually, when a person is so desperate that they have to beg complete strangers that are already in a party, it's a good indication that the party is going to suck on overdrive.

Leveling isn't exactly rocket science. Get the right jobs, tell them what to do and enjoy your experience.
 Sylph.Jetu
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2010-03-19 08:44:34  
Ifrit.Phlow said:
Unless it's a friend, I ignore them.

because pup using 2hr in pt's is the only way suck can get better