users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » farming tips please
farming tips please
 Bismarck.Drue
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2008-11-25 23:07:06  
I'm in real need of gil can you guys give some good mobs to farm or NM's to camp please?
 Alexander.Zepar
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zepar
By Alexander.Zepar 2008-11-25 23:13:49  
fish
 Odin.Marigrim
サーバ: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-11-25 23:23:09  
Zi Tah for fast NPC item's I would say it kinda depends on the amount. BCNM is always good Ni scrolls sell fast drop sucks obviously, PCC is another good one - ENM - ISNM really depends on the amounts and the return speed your looking at. Fast millions I would say ENM and GL, for 100k or so Zi tah bats. Best of luck to you ^^
 Bismarck.Drue
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2008-11-25 23:55:23  
i would farm bats but too many ppl do that already on this server
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-11-26 03:13:06  
http://ffxifarming.blogspot.com/

Try that...
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-11-26 06:52:49  
If you have 10k imperial standing you can get a stack of 99 imp silver coins, sells for 80k on my server takes a day or 2 to sell unless none on stock :)saves on time spent farming but if u can get some friends 10k imp standing would be better used on an ISNM
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-11-26 08:31:28  
I always hated farming... was generally much more boring than I cared to endure.

But that's not to say I didnt farm before I had all my crafting levels. When I did, I made use of Castle Oztroja (Conquistadors and surrounding Yags drop 100g/kill, and six level 40 ninjitsu scrolls, three of which are 20k+. The same mobs drop Oztroja Chest Key, up to 10k if gil. Steal mythril beastcoins and synth ingots to maximize profit).

Most popular thing to farm these days is Angel Skins... I'm too lazy to do it when I make more than enough in 20 minutes by the auction house... but a lot of my linkshell mates make good money farming those.

But really... best way to make money in this game is to level a craft, and utilize the in-game hobbies such as mining, logging, and chocobo digging.
 Fenrir.Alijah
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2008-11-26 09:00:17  
I did leathers. Can farm sheep in K. Highlands. Bring along a few stacks of Dark Crystals, Tea leaves, and Distilled water. Turn all the skins into Sheep leather, and then sell the stacks for 8-14k a stack, depending on your server. It's a low level synth so you shouldn't have to worry about guild support if you utilize the moon and day. It's not massive money but it's fast and easy.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
サーバ: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2008-11-26 09:52:48  
well the biggest tip i can say is you cant just farm one item you need to farm lot's of different items because they all wont sell
 Ifrit.Cright
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2008-11-26 10:17:01  
Alijah said:
I did leathers. Can farm sheep in K. Highlands. Bring along a few stacks of Dark Crystals, Tea leaves, and Distilled water. Turn all the skins into Sheep leather, and then sell the stacks for 8-14k a stack, depending on your server. It's a low level synth so you shouldn't have to worry about guild support if you utilize the moon and day. It's not massive money but it's fast and easy.

This is easy money but don't carry stacks of water, get a water tank and use it when needed.