On A Scale 1-10 Who Thinks Pup Now Pwns At 11?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » on a scale 1-10 who thinks pup now pwns at 11?
on a scale 1-10 who thinks pup now pwns at 11?
 Diabolos.Denton
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: denton
By Diabolos.Denton 2010-03-23 12:01:33  
this new stuf made pup toatly way more awsome er who else agrees cuz its just that awsome?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-03-23 12:02:18  
maybe u should be more specific..
[+]
 Diabolos.Denton
By Diabolos.Denton 2010-03-23 12:03:41  
about what? its just all that good >.> lol
 Ifrit.Duanyu
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-23 12:04:43  
Diabolos.Denton said:
this new stuf made pup toatly way more awsome er who else agrees cuz its just that awsome?

This new stuff totally made pup way more awesome, who else agrees because it's just that awesome?

,and I do agree.
 Diabolos.Denton
By Diabolos.Denton 2010-03-23 12:05:32  
AWSOME! :D
 Diabolos.Denton
By Diabolos.Denton 2010-03-23 12:06:35  
or does anyone know about what they actualy aded im not to sure i just know it can kill an ep now...
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-23 12:10:43  
I'm a pup myself and after investigating the stuff... i find it decent. Still, you can't leave pup as it is.

What we got is more nuking damage and (reliable) melee damage (which is nice rly - i love my 2000+ Blizz IVs), but as as far as i can see the changes to the defense (Armor Plate I & II and the basic defense of the automaton) are still a bit underwhelming.

U need 3 earth Maneuvers to make it at least worthwhile and see a real difference that matters. They should've increased the basic defense itself and not cling it to an attachement.

Tho one awesome thing is there... u can give your automaton a 62 hp regen now if you go all out (not counting in ASA pants). not too shitty
 Diabolos.Denton
By Diabolos.Denton 2010-03-23 12:12:44  
nowai! how did u get 62 i got 26 lol
 Diabolos.Denton
By Diabolos.Denton 2010-03-23 12:16:09  
and i thot i saw big dif in defence when i didnt have any earths up :O
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-23 12:18:56  
obligatory lolpup
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-23 12:52:50  
Diabolos.Denton said:
nowai! how did u get 62 i got 26 lol

automaton oil +2 and guignol earring.
 Pandemonium.Treppe
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2010-03-23 13:29:33  
Lets be honest most players dont know Jack about what pup can do therefore will ignorantly still not invite them to merit parties or whatever else unless they have to because of lack of the common merit party jobs seeking. So the new update to pup is a language only other Pup players can understand and appreciate. To be honest im not pup player and dont know nothing about them. Will I make a merit party and invite them now after update, probably not (not trying to offend just speaking from what i typically will do). Im sure its a great job at least you got an update all PUP can aggree is good. My MNK got Damn Footwork, WTF. give us something for once we can use
[+]
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-23 13:34:07  
i do
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-23 13:35:38  
Kujata.Segaia said:
I'm a pup myself and after investigating the stuff... i find it decent. Still, you can't leave pup as it is.

What we got is more nuking damage and (reliable) melee damage (which is nice rly - i love my 2000 Blizz IVs), but as as far as i can see the changes to the defense (Armor Plate I & II and the basic defense of the automaton) are still a bit underwhelming.

U need 3 earth Maneuvers to make it at least worthwhile and see a real difference that matters. They should've increased the basic defense itself and not cling it to an attachement.

Tho one awesome thing is there... u can give your automaton a 62 hp regen now if you go all out (not counting in ASA pants). not too shitty
don't forget H2H going up to B+, which isn't A but its damn close to it.

Yes, PUP has become awesome, only problem is, we're gonna have an influx of retards playing the job cz of the upgrades.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2010-03-23 13:36:02  
im no DD or nuttin but ami wrong when i say the new term

lolmnk ¿
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-23 13:38:36  
Odin.Joeofalltrades said:
im no DD or nuttin but ami wrong when i say the new term

lolmnk ¿
seeing as your MNK is only 18, you'll need to either nut up or shut up.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-23 13:39:40  
As it stands, PUP will never beat any other job outside of extreme circumstances. If PUP is an 11, WAR is a 12, MNK is a 15, SAM is a 23, and RNG is a 25.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-23 13:40:41  
Mana Tank II is pretty awesome, Haven't tried Mana tank I yet.
But 5 MP a tick with 1 Dark
7 MP with 2 Dark
10 MP a tick with 3 Dark, which I think is pretty awesome. :3
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-23 13:41:05  
Siren.Enternius said:
As it stands, PUP will never beat any other job outside of extreme circumstances. If PUP is an 11, WAR is a 12, MNK is a 15, SAM is a 23, and RNG is a 25.
RNG needs to be in the fight to count, sorry.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-23 13:41:59  
Midgardsormr.Sahagin said:
Mana Tank II is pretty awesome, Haven't tried Mana tank I yet.
But 5 MP a tick with 1 Dark
7 MP with 2 Dark
10 MP a tick with 3 Dark, which I think is pretty awesome. :3
Mana Converter will be your friend, with Mana Tank II and Priority Gauge, its like having your own RDM with Convert following you.

great *** :D
 Valefor.Endlesspath
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-03-23 13:46:34  
Seriously guys, I do solo guard skillup (@262) as Mnk/dnc on Sea Puks and those are lvl 77-78.
~ ~ ~
Pup killing eps now is kinda like sam way back when prior to seigan, very frustrating and gimpy feeling (nothing like that now of course, sea puk parry skillup (@ 269 now also)).
~ ~ ~
I will say this: on a Pup properly setup/geared with puppet as dd the Pup combo parses very well (#2 to sam) in exp parties in non-bird camp locations.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-23 13:48:25  
Pups will always have that creepy doll chasing them everywhere, so they will always be icky. Dolls are fine and all, but dolls that follow you around all day long are just creepy!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-23 13:49:11  
Odin.Liela said:
Pups will always have that creepy doll chasing them everywhere, so they will always be icky. Dolls are fine and all, but dolls that follow you around all day long are just creepy!
even if they dance and cheer for you?
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-23 13:54:53  
Siren.Enternius said:
Did you really just say WAR is just slightly better than PUP and MNK is a lot better than WAR and RNG beats everything?
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-23 14:03:27  
Siren.Enternius said:
Valefor.Endlesspath said:
I will say this: on a Pup properly setup/geared with puppet as dd the Pup combo parses very well (#2 to sam) in exp parties in non-bird camp locations.

thats totally my experience aswell. Other than bird camps pup rly is a good dd and i hope once the cap is raised those goddamn birdcamps will finally die and burn in hell. Try using spiritreaver instead of sharpshot at mamool ja camps - you will be very pleased.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-23 14:07:15  
Kujata.Segaia said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Valefor.Endlesspath said:

thats totally my experience aswell. Other than bird camps pup rly is a good dd and i hope once the cap is raised those goddamn birdcamps will finally die and burn in hell. Try using spiritreaver instead of sharpshot at mamool ja camps - you will be very pleased.
I think I shall, once I get the right gear and such
 Ifrit.Itazura
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-03-23 14:16:33  
It's just easier to output decent damage on other jobs (*cough*SAM*cough*); would need gil for attachments, the understanding to setup the automaton, and an attentive player to actively manage the maneuvers to do as well on PUP.

About half of the PUP players I've had in pickup parties were waste of space, and I doubt the improvements in this update would make them significantly better than before.

I know one PUP player who used to duo Apollyon NW with a RDM, and my last party on NIN (~Lv.47-ish party, pre-update) had a PUP/WAR who cleanly out-DD'ed everyone (SAM/WAR, MNK/WAR, and my own NIN/WAR) with the Automaton's output added--but those are the exceptions by exceptional players, and not the norm. At least, not in my experience.

PUP has had good DD potential for a long time now, just most players aren't good enough to make the best use of the job.
By volkom 2010-03-23 14:27:40  
on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being best) that pup pwns at ffxi.
I say -1.
 Caitsith.Alriath
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-03-23 14:34:01  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Did you really just say WAR is just slightly better than PUP and MNK is a lot better than WAR and RNG beats everything?

I lol'd as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.