On The Topic Of Role-play...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » On the topic of role-play...
On the topic of role-play...
First Page 2
 Asura.Elsia
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elsia
By Asura.Elsia 2010-03-23 19:36:04  
For the past two years that I've been on Asura, I have not noticed any role-playing Linkshells. Why is this? Is there no demand for any Linkshells centred around role-playing; would anyone be interested a Linkshell focused around it?
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-03-23 19:40:51  
Asura.Elsia said:
For the past two years that I've been on Asura, I have not noticed any role-playing Linkshells. Why is this? Is there no demand for any Linkshells centred around role-playing; would anyone be interested a Linkshell focused around it?
cause Role-playing on Asura = cybering....
[+]
 Asura.Shayka
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-03-23 19:41:47  
Elllllllsssssssssssiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaa!

I've seen a few actual roleplay linkshells around. I think Cos in our shell, owned or was in one.
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-03-23 19:44:17  
Role Playing LSs were fun! But there was always a few people who'd take it too seriously lol x_x. That being said, I do miss them but over the years they've become quite scarce D:
 Asura.Elsia
By Asura.Elsia 2010-03-23 19:47:39  
Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Elsia said:
A sad truth... ;_;
Asura.Israfel said:
Role Playing LSs were fun! But there was always a few people who'd take it too seriously lol x_x. That being said, I do miss them but over the years they've become quite scarce D:
I hope that, with the increase of players from the server change, the amount of interest in role-playing will increase.
Asura.Shayka said:
Elllllllsssssssssssiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaa!

I've seen a few actual roleplay linkshells around. I think Cos in our shell, owned or was in one.
Shayyyyyyyyyy!
Would you ask him about it the next time he's online?
 Siren.Avina
サーバ: Siren
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2010-03-23 20:28:54  
RP is really hard to organize... lol. It's fairly unorganized at the moment and there really should be a site or something that keeps track of the active RP groups or something. I run an RP LS on Siren (always recruiting!) but yeah, its tough. Thankfully though our group still is growing.
 Phoenix.Haltro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-03-23 20:33:46  
I think its fun and perfectly healthy in a relationship. Oh... wait a sec...
 Asura.Elsia
By Asura.Elsia 2010-03-23 20:44:03  
Siren.Avina said:
RP is really hard to organize... lol. It's fairly unorganized at the moment and there really should be a site or something that keeps track of the active RP groups or something. I run an RP LS on Siren (always recruiting!) but yeah, its tough. Thankfully though our group still is growing.
It's especially difficult when there's no server dedicated to it; I've only met one or two players on Asura who were ever interested in it, or had done such previously with a small group of friends.
 Pandemonium.Cevlina
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Cevlina
By Pandemonium.Cevlina 2010-03-23 21:03:54  
Hmmm... What kind of RP are you thinking of?
 Asura.Elsia
By Asura.Elsia 2010-03-23 21:08:56  
Pandemonium.Cevlina said:
Hmmm... What kind of RP are you thinking of?
Acting in character with other players, character histories, those sorts of things. Nothing shady or malicious, of course.
 Pandemonium.Cevlina
By Pandemonium.Cevlina 2010-03-23 21:11:34  
Hmmm... I dunno how my character would act. ><
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-23 21:19:34  
I'd love to join an RP LS on shiva, Alas no-one seems interested in it :(

I've even written up a short biography on my characters history etc lol.

No-one is interested! BAH!
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-23 21:51:08  
I think there are a couple furry-based RP shells.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-23 21:51:30  
Just kidding. Ugh I think I threw up in my mouth a lil bit.
 Asura.Elsia
By Asura.Elsia 2010-03-23 21:53:13  
Asura.Shamaya said:
Oh, say it ain't so! Hopefully any sort of Linkshell I make won't attract the furry community.
 Pandemonium.Cevlina
By Pandemonium.Cevlina 2010-03-23 22:03:02  
Asura.Elsia said:
Asura.Shamaya said:
Oh, say it ain't so! Hopefully any sort of Linkshell I make won't attract the furry community.
Well we'll probably have a few Mithras, but that's not too bad. >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-23 22:12:49  
Furries really aren't that bad compared to 95% of things on the internet.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-03-23 22:14:21  
Asura.Elsia said:
Nothing shady or malicious, of course.
Too bad it ain't the truth.
Asura.Shamaya said:
with guys in the back of the screen, on bothsides >.>
 Asura.Elsia
By Asura.Elsia 2010-03-23 22:45:10  
Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Elsia said:
Nothing shady or malicious, of course.
Too bad it ain't the truth.
Asura.Shamaya said:
Well, the common "role-playing" on Asura consists of guys soliciting sex from guys-pretending-to-be-girls, so when someone mentions "role-play", we're immediately drawn to the idea of someone asking the Mithra wearing next-to-nothing if she'd be interested in role-playing.

And, it's not like those sorts of people mind who they're enjoying themselves with...
By Asura.Vyenpakakapaka 2010-03-23 22:47:11  
I was on an RP Shell on Sylph (Crystalline) and helped run one on Asura (EternalVigil), but both sadly have gone by the wayside. RP had its day but I think you've just missed it, sadly. =\

There is a Final Fantasy XIV coalition forum out there. You could poke around there and see if there's anything still active on Asura or another server (if a transfer would be worth it to ya), but I can't find anything active either.

I wouldn't mind giving it another shot either. ^^
Quote:
Asura.Shamaya said:
Asura.Korpg said:

My friend was one of those. Found out when he had me take over his character for a few minutes once. Hooo-boy.
 Asura.Shayka
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-03-23 23:06:41  
Asura.Elsia said:
Asura.Shamaya said:
=/ I take offense to that -.- I thought we were friends!
[+]
 Asura.Elsia
By Asura.Elsia 2010-03-23 23:15:31  
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Elsia said:
Asura.Shamaya said:
=/ I take offense to that -.- I thought we were friends!
I didn't mean it in a hostile way... It's just that I wouldn't be particularly interested in someone role-playing an Overgrown Rose, or an Opo-opo. A Goblin or Quadav might be interesting, though.

It's a personal preference. If furry members wanted to role-play as beasts or beastmen, that'd be fine, so long as it didn't get to an uncomfortable level for any other members, just as anyone who wanted to bring any other sort of adult roleplay into the Linkshell would be dealt with. Call it "fursecution", but I've simply had more encounters with furries being adamant about inappropriate conduct over other fringe groups. Call it the "vocal minority".

From a close friend to a close friend.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-23 23:25:22  
Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Elsia said:

Means that on Phoenix, too.
 Siren.Avina
サーバ: Siren
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2010-03-23 23:33:10  
If anyone is really interested in an RP group, enough to change servers (or *consider* changing servers) I definitely suggest you take a look at my RP group on Siren (website is here: http://vanatales.8.forumer.com/ ). We definitely don't RP cybering either. >.>; We have about seven consistently active members who intend to go at this for awhile actually, even long after FFXIV is released.

Since I know that RP can be a very dodgy thing to jump servers for, by all means, create a mule account on Siren or something and we'll talk more there and introduce you to the group. Just send me a /tell in-game or PM me on the forums and we'll set you up. :) Also feel free to stop in at our forums and make an account and read what we have and ask us questions if need be. :)
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-23 23:39:22  
Siren.Avina said:
If anyone is really interested in an RP group, enough to change servers (or *consider* changing servers) I definitely suggest you take a look at my RP group on Siren (website is here: http://vanatales.8.forumer.com/ ). We definitely don't RP cybering either. >.>; We have about seven consistently active members who intend to go at this for awhile actually, even long after FFXIV is released. Since I know that RP can be a very dodgy thing to jump servers for, by all means, create a mule account on Siren or something and we'll talk more there and introduce you to the group. Just send me a /tell in-game or PM me on the forums and we'll set you up. :) Also feel free to stop in at our forums and make an account and read what we have and ask us questions if need be. :)

I don't really think I could ever RP.. Ok, Maybe if it was for like ONE PT, I'd play the quiet loner type, but after that, no.

Oh, and may Altana be with you.
 Asura.Selennia
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-03-24 00:02:21  
I was rping in whitegate on asura earlier today when I used my kitty rod, I got told to stfu and another person /emote casted silence on me, yet nobody seems to mind all the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE shouts...

Just proves why we're ASSura, I couldn't understand if it hurt the people or if I couldn't be blisted, or even if say couldn't be filtered, but those are all options!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-24 00:04:08  
Asura.Selennia said:
I was rping in whitegate on asura earlier today when I used my kitty rod, I got told to stfu and another person /emote casted silence on me, yet nobody seems to mind all the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE shouts... Just proves why we're ASSura, I couldn't understand if it hurt the people or if I couldn't be blisted, or even if say couldn't be filtered, but those are all options!

I've seen RPers.. Yes, it hurts.
 Asura.Elsia
By Asura.Elsia 2010-03-24 00:19:48  
Asura.Selennia said:
I was rping in whitegate on asura earlier today when I used my kitty rod, I got told to stfu and another person /emote casted silence on me, yet nobody seems to mind all the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE shouts...

Just proves why we're ASSura, I couldn't understand if it hurt the people or if I couldn't be blisted, or even if say couldn't be filtered, but those are all options!
That's so strange, because Asura isn't usually considered server full of overachievers; why can't people just stop and enjoy themselves, or at least pay no mind to others who are trying to?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [826 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Bexy
user: Bexy
By Asura.Bexy 2012-06-26 17:08:29  
Okay... I know this forum is years old? But there's a new rpls just formed... If anyone at all has any interest, pm me or send me a tell.

Thanks!

-Bexy
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-06-26 17:14:06  
It"s over 800 days old! LOl
First Page 2