Help Me Out I Need A High Level Fisherman

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Help me out i need a High Level Fisherman
Help me out i need a High Level Fisherman
 Caitsith.Galluf
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Galluf
By Caitsith.Galluf 2008-12-02 20:42:19  
Hi, I'm Samina from Caitsith server and I have a few questions.
First of all I am looking for a High Level Fisherman who can catch fish for sushi (ie black sole, giant squid, noble lady etc)
Next thing, I'm really looking for is a fishing partner, I have 100+3 cooking but only 37.3 fishing so making a profit on sushi is hard, I am looking for a partner with very high lvl fishing to help me make some gils.
Lastly, I have no idea how a partner and myself would be splitting the profits. If they only caught the fish, and I bought the rest of the ingrediants and spent the time cooking I would have more time and money invested so theoretically I should get more profit, or at least this makes sense to me.
If you meet the requirements that I'm looking for and are on Caitsith server, please send me a tell.
Also if you have any ideas on how to partner up on this please also let me know.
Thanks
Samina, Caitsith
 Alexander.Jammingjamie
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Jammingjamie 2008-12-03 01:31:42  
You'll have more money invested, but the fishing partner would definately have more time spent fishing.
 Asura.Tmiller
サーバ: Asura
user: tmiller24
By Asura.Tmiller 2008-12-03 03:44:01  
Jammingjamie said:
You'll have more money invested, but the fishing partner would definately have more time spent fishing.

(posting on husband's account e_e; )

I agree to this, fishing isn't fast by any means. This 'proposition' you're putting forward is pretty bad... No fisherman in the right mind would stand for hours fishing soles to get a so-called cut of the profit, especially when they could make more by selling the fish on the auction house instead of handing them to some greedy cook who can't be bothered to level fishing for themself.

- Israfel - Asura
 Ragnarok.Albender
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2008-12-03 06:04:29  
I have tried that before and it doesn't work...
I also have Cooking 100.
Best you can do.
Get a Lu Shang's (if you do not have one) and skill up on fishing yourself.

regards
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-12-03 09:14:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

'Fraid I'm gonna havta agree. Being a 100 cooker myself, you're better off putting the time into skilling fishing yourself and catch your own fish.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2008-12-03 13:11:30  
Galluf said:
If they only caught the fish, and I bought the rest of the ingrediants and spent the time cooking I would have more time and money invested so theoretically I should get more profit, or at least this makes sense to me.

Sorry, but have to laugh at this. I'm 100 fishing and 100 cooking. I made profit almost all the way to 100 cooking and did it in a few months total. Fishing took me almost 3 years to get to 100. To catch black sole reliably you will need a fisherman with at least 65+, but I wouldn't even both with sole until 80+ because the bite rate isn't worth the time before it. At 100 I will hook a sole almost every cast where as a lvl 65 will hook one every 5-10 casts if that.

Just buy your sole on the AH like nearly every other cook who doesn't have fishing leveled. I buy mine lots of the time because it just isn't worth the time to fish sole at their current price. Make much more gil fishing ebisu fish and selling them~

A smart fisherman (i.e. someone who didn't bot their way to 100) will know better than to even go in on a cooking deal with a cook. As I already said, it's not worth our time to fish sole or other cooking fish. RMT kill the market and cooks trying to HQ and cooks trying to skill up kill the market.
 Caitsith.Galluf
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Galluf
By Caitsith.Galluf 2008-12-03 13:18:44  
You guys didn't understand,
1. if a fisherman can catch a black sole on each catch they can get a stack in 20 min.
Whereas i have to run around and get the crystals, wasabi,rice, water etc. THEN cook it all. Hence more time on my part.
I am not too lazy to fish. It is currently at 37.3 so I am working on it. I was just looking for a partner until I was high enough to do it on my own.
 Asura.Tmiller
サーバ: Asura
user: tmiller24
By Asura.Tmiller 2008-12-03 14:37:01  
Galluf said:
You guys didn't understand,
1. if a fisherman can catch a black sole on each catch they can get a stack in 20 min.
Whereas i have to run around and get the crystals, wasabi,rice, water etc. THEN cook it all. Hence more time on my part.
I am not too lazy to fish. It is currently at 37.3 so I am working on it. I was just looking for a partner until I was high enough to do it on my own.

Takes longer than 20min to catch a stack of black sole on a good day.
 Midgardsormr.Corwen
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Corwen
By Midgardsormr.Corwen 2008-12-03 15:05:24  
If your "fishing partner" brought, lets say, 5 stacks of sole which would probably take him around 2 hours to catch, it would only take you about 3-5 minutes to buy the crystals and rice from AH, and a couple of minutes to run to the tenshodo in lower jeuno to buy the wasabi, vinegar, then about 30 minutes to synth all of it. Total time spent for you would be around 40-45 mins, and total time spent for the fisher around 2 hours.

If your "fishing partner" is accepting anything less than he could get at the AH for the fish, then he is getting ripped off.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2008-12-03 15:26:46  
Coming from a level 100 chef, you're pretty much asking for someone to rip off. Now, what does seem much more fair is if you find a fisher who will sell to you the cost of a fish just a little bit below what the AH price is so that he avoids tax and you get a small cut, and both get instant transactions.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2008-12-03 16:03:52  
Sectumsempra said:
Coming from a level 100 chef, you're pretty much asking for someone to rip off. Now, what does seem much more fair is if you find a fisher who will sell to you the cost of a fish just a little bit below what the AH price is so that he avoids tax and you get a small cut, and both get instant transactions.

this.