users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » FFXIV question
FFXIV question
 Phoenix.Spheroth
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Spheroth
By Phoenix.Spheroth 2010-04-09 14:26:05  
i was just doing some looking around and i was wondering did SE only give the Alpha beta to ppl with relics/maats cap?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-04-09 14:29:10  
wat

oh lol >.>'

no
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-04-09 14:32:27  
No, though they did seem to favor people who have had long standing active FFXI accounts providing they had the proper PC set up.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-04-09 14:33:50  
anyways you dont want to be in the alpha test. Just wait for the public beta tbh
 Diabolos.Renavi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-04-09 14:37:14  
No relics/Cap and I've only been playing for 3 - 3.5 years max. Also, my PC can barely run the Alpha. I'd have to say they didn't favor anyone/anything.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-09 14:40:13  
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
anyways you dont want to be in the alpha test. Just wait for the public beta tbh

People made the mistake of thinking that the Alpha build was somehow playable. If you thought that ever, you were sadly mistaken. There has never been a case where the alpha build of a game is a playable version. It's simply to test the server machines by allure of a "Sneak peek".

If you hold no love for game testing, stay away from the Alpha, also there's a chance if you lied on the application and just picked the Highest possible settings, it could destroy your PC. Alpha builds are before optimization and if you're running on older hardware, it could easily burn out your CPU or memory.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-09 14:41:31  
A friend of mine didn't seem to play 11 much and got in just by getting one of the keys from FFXIclopedia.

Personally I'd rather play the PS3 beta then the PC Alpha version.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-09 14:54:45  
Phoenix.Spheroth said:
i was just doing some looking around and i was wondering did SE only give the Alpha beta to ppl with relics/maats cap?

Nope.
I know several ppl that dont have either the hat or a fancy weapon to show off that got in.
 Sylph.Nazantia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2010-04-09 22:50:11  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
also there's a chance if you lied on the application and just picked the Highest possible settings, it could destroy your PC. Alpha builds are before optimization and if you're running on older hardware, it could easily burn out your CPU or memory.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You clearly do not know what you are talking about.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-04-09 23:04:27  
Sylph.Nazantia said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
also there's a chance if you lied on the application and just picked the Highest possible settings, it could destroy your PC. Alpha builds are before optimization and if you're running on older hardware, it could easily burn out your CPU or memory.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You clearly do not know what you are talking about.
It's not the dumbest thing ever. But it's highly unlikely to cause a computer to just die. Most of the time, if your computer can't run it, then it doesn't run it.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-09 23:08:41  
Sylph.Nazantia said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I can see it might be confusing for a second, the lie isn't what blows up your PC, using it on insufficient hardware could. Many people simply pick the highest possible settings available (Why they don't use dxdiags instead I don't know) simply cause they think (or it does) give them a better shot to be in a test.

I've had this situation happen before where my Processor reached upwards of 90C and shut itself down testing before. Dragon Age and Sins of a Solar Empire are the two culprits. So you can't tell me it doesn't happen, and I'm not telling you it will happen. It's just a possibility to be aware of. My recommendation is to run a Biosmonitor like Everest to make sure everything is working fine.

I mean, you really can't tell me that having the wrong hardware couldn't cause issues now could you? XD this is an inevitability of PC gaming.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Nazantia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2010-06-12 21:39:27  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Most of the time, if your computer can't run it, then it doesn't run it.

This.

Hardware problems like improper cooling =/= a program ruining your computer.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-12 22:28:07  
Sylph.Nazantia said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Most of the time, if your computer can't run it, then it doesn't run it.

This.

Hardware problems like improper cooling =/= a program ruining your computer.

Yeah... the programs simply won't run. Period. If you're machine overheated it was because or something entirely different.