Flying, Jumping, Or...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Suggestions » Flying, Jumping, or...
Flying, Jumping, or...
 Fenrir.Riousan
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-04-10 04:34:06  
Squareenix eliminted the most fundamental and old school series to be able to fly or navigating your own ship. All FF series had players enable them to fly or even navigate their own ship when traveling all over the world globe or partially over the seas. Notice all these series they broken it down to manual, semi-automatic, to automatic, or just there as used to get to one place to another being it close or far.

Seriously, they need to keep the main core elements of the FF series the way it should be. In regards to jumping, small ledges for jumping should be given an advantage rather than wasting large amounts of time having to go around the front just to get to that destination.

I will be submitting this to Squareenix phone feed back about their down-sizing elements they keep butchering with the FF series.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-10 04:42:38  
You're kidding right? God imagine the lag among other things if everyone had their own airship..

There's a flaw in your logic however, You're comparing a MMO, to a one player RPG.. Apples to oranges..
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-10 04:46:53  
lol...no FF game had jumping until lolFF10 (maybe it was 10-2...i can't remember lol) and those games sucked...as far as free world travel, you can't do that with closed zones like ff11 has. we don't need jumping in XI or XIV, nor do we need "free rein on airships". we can already travel just about anywhere you need with OPs and tele spells, and chocobos are fast as hell....we really don't need any improvement to travel in XI...

as far as "down-sizing the core elements"...come on dude, really? lol the fundamentals of FF games were large worlds, (even though FF1 had a very short story that game was huge for NES) easy to use, fun battle systems and likeable characters. all of the FF games had that to some extent...
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2010-04-10 04:47:33  
While I will agree with you about not being able to use airships to navigate around the world since 9, it's a bad idea that will never work in an MMO setting.

Also, got to say no to jumping as well. Unless it's a command type of thing to jump from one ledge to another.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-10 05:01:22  
Jumping makes level designers work 150,000 times more difficult, it's a cop out to be sure, but an understandable one to abstain from jumping. I support the idea of jumping in FFXIV simply because in FFXI there are so many *** shin-high ledges that totally cockblock characters. And that's absolute ***.

At the same time, I don't want this turning into WoW, where battles consist of players dressed as if they were wearing a magnetic Leotard and ran through the cutlery at Pottery barn sailing gayly through the air.

That is, Jumping only in Passive mode as a means to avoid those shin-high cockblocks, Jumping disabled in active (Combat) mode to prevent retard riot V:1.118.
[+]
 Fenrir.Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-04-10 05:49:59  
What about just climbing up the damn ledges? You know? Some partial animation of climbing isn't going to kill them to make.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nanoprim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Yenyoju
By Bismarck.Nanoprim 2010-04-10 06:34:59  
Not so sure about the flying , but the tiniest of ledges should have some means of transversing them, its totally stupid! - be that a climb or mini "hurdle".

While they have fixed some of the ledges such as in Battalia downs theres a quest you can do with a lyco in the past to get up and down it, I'd like to see more like that idea for say rolanberry fields for simmy pop area and Roc area, KA crab etc.

As they say the games reached maturity now and they want to make it easier for end game.. be great if they did..
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-10 08:13:35  
Quote:
All FF series had their own ship when traveling all over the world globe or partially over the seas.

just there as used to get to one place to another being it close or far

I have to say no to Jumping too. It just seems pointless except for a few minor ledges, but they could just use FF13's style of automatic jumping.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 08:25:02  
Well I'm sure they could add it. Say goodbye to being able to play on the PS2 though.

Also sometimes the whole point of a ledge is to make you go around. So if they did let you jump or something they would just put some huge *** wall there.... oh look now you can't pull something down off the ledge but you can jump!
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-10 20:51:18  
No jump is needed, just better level design/coding for the stupidly small ledges that block us. If there's a ledge we can't get up, make it like the wall in Sauromuge, Batallia or Rolanberry, not like the pile of trash logs in Jugner or the pissy little steps in Garlaige or around the exits to quicksand caves in the desert.
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-04-10 20:55:19  
Sometimes in Jeuno and in Tav i get stuck on like an invisible rock and I can't move.. Like I have to completely turn around and run the other way and go around this invisible wall i was crashing into.

I think Jumping is kinda dumb but it would be neat in some situations. We don't need airships for each person but different types of mounts like DRG's being able to drive their wyvern or something would be kinda neat.

Also what would be cool is if they had like a pathing unit where you can set your path you want the chocobo to run in and the destination and it'll go there while you afk
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-10 20:57:16  
All Final Fantasy games need a 'Auto-Run' feature! I hope they implement it on XIV.

Fenrir.Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-04-10 23:12:07  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
All Final Fantasy games need a 'Auto-Run' feature! I hope they implement it on XIV.

Now that's a must. My thumb would get tired holding the damn thing just to go in the same direction. But seriously, small jumps or climbing can make a big difference for traveling in the game play.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-10 23:19:16  
They should also give us chocobos except make them look like dinosaurs and bats and stuff. Oh and how about purple and blue skinned emo elf characters? They should also reference internet memes and recreational drugs in all of the quests we do, which would be our entire source of exp.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-10 23:20:04  
My friend always wanted a crawler mount.

He was a taru.

He would even use it if it moved 25% normal movement speed.
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: aerokii
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2010-04-10 23:21:02  
I think airships, if they were done correctly could be an interesting little diversion. I mean obviously we couldn't have it as "go anywhere in the world with this!" because that would be silly, but something where perhaps you can only travel to towns with airship ports/adjacent to water (like we've already got going)... maybe customizable, varying travel speeds and other such "stats" like chocobo raising is in FFXI except... well, made for airships. Roam the skies freely though be unable to land everywhere, aerial battles with other players... heck, maybe even make an alliance of everyone and travel with a goddamned armada for a quest or something. I think that might be pretty neat.

But if we could use it to travel EVERYWHERE it'd just feel... cheap. I dunno, it's just not how an MMO works.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-04-10 23:23:06  
you guys are boring. sooooo damn boring. also we dont know if its possible or not to have personal airship in this game. do you know the specs of the game engine? and it could be a linkshell thing... would be nice and innovative. looking at all he stuff ffxiv currently has its not really showing anything "special" atm. Also I dont get why people are hating on jump/swim its a nice feature, why ignore it?

Think outside the box this is a next gen game not ffxi .5

and yall srsly need to upgrade your pc, new console.
 Cerberus.Taube
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taube
By Cerberus.Taube 2010-04-19 06:25:46  
In the single player RPGs, you could have your own airship because you were the only one saving the world. In a MMO, you're just one among many wannabe world saviours.

And I'm saying no to jumping too,
Odin.Zicdeh said:
those shin-high cockblocks
are a result of poor level design (No, they are not acceptable as means to block passage). If there's a waist high ledge, then the character should climb up when running against it, if there's a slowly flowing river, then character should swim across it when run into to the water. Fallen tree? Jump over. Rocks blocking your path? Climb over. Straight wall way taller than the character? (Can't have height discrimination between the races.) Find some other way around.

If something is blocking our path, then it better be plausible.