users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Aurum body vs zahaks mail for Drakesbane/Penta
Aurum body vs zahaks mail for Drakesbane/Penta
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-04-17 01:13:55  
I have a aurum body, and also zahaks mail for drakes/penta. Aurum has str/dex8 and Att+15, zmail is str/dex10 and crit+3%. Both bodies are similar, with aurum obviously having 2 less str/dex and no crit. Would it b feasible to just ws in aurum instead of holding a 4m ws piece? Or does the zmails 2 extra str/dex and crit make it the best choice?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-17 01:17:26  
They're roughly equal UNLESS you're in a situation where you are have higher than 40 dex over the mob's agi but less than 50.

If you can hit 50 dex over mob agi w/o zhak then you're fine using aurum. If you can't hit hit a minimum of 40 dex over mob's agi, then you're fine w/ aurum. If you're between 40-50 they'd no longer be sidegrades and zahak would win, but not 4m's worth.

If you have spare money, great to have both for situational use, but other than that, You're fine w/ Aurum.
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-04-17 02:16:28  
Thank you. :)
 Valefor.Ryukuro
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-17 02:36:12  
Question: Am currently levelling DRG to 75 (64 atm).

I do not have Zahaks or Aurum Body at the moment, but i do have a few other pieces i would like to know what people suggest would be best for Drakesbane.

Out of Nuevo Coselete (w/ Acc+10 DA+2%), Hecatomb Harness and Askar Korazin (highly doubt it) which would be best?

Also when focusing on Drakesbane is it best to Stack DEX as much as possible for the extra chances at Criticals? Thanx in advance ^^

EDIT: Yes i am aware of the 50% STR mod xD
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-17 02:41:16  
But on a side note, look at Tiger's Dynamis Knuckles!
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-17 10:14:30  
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Question: Am currently levelling DRG to 75 (64 atm).

I do not have Zahaks or Aurum Body at the moment, but i do have a few other pieces i would like to know what people suggest would be best for Drakesbane.

Out of Nuevo Coselete (w/ Acc+10 DA+2%), Hecatomb Harness and Askar Korazin (highly doubt it) which would be best?

Also when focusing on Drakesbane is it best to Stack DEX as much as possible for the extra chances at Criticals? Thanx in advance ^^

EDIT: Yes i am aware of the 50% STR mod xD

equiping dex on drakesbane is pretty much only useful at colibri. First cause we know their agi, second cause they are rdm/rdm and being so, they have one of the worst agi rankings around mobs.

Still if you are going to equip dex you should aim for the the cap. If you can't get anywhere close to the 117 total dex needed, just do the str way. You mileage varies with your race. I'm a mithra with one dex merit for example, and i got capped crit without needing a dex body at all(aurum or zahak), so i can actually wear ares (although it's not completed yet lol) on ws and win it all. The only thing i need change on my ws set while fighting colibri is ring and earring (str to dex). If i had heca legs (i use ares legs now) i would not even need to swap earrings.

On nuevo vs heca vs askar for ws, i'm pretty sure heca is the way to go. I just feel it lol, didn't do any math.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-17 10:17:34  
Quote:
equiping dex on drakesbane is pretty much only useful at colibri. First cause we know their agi, second cause they are rdm/rdm and being so, they have one of the worst agi rankings around mobs.
My dex bui9ld seems to yield higher numbers at things w/ weaker mobs like limbus, nyzul, and salvage as well. Einherjar t1 and t2, also (though I go sam to t3)
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-17 10:23:16  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
My dex bui9ld seems to yield higher numbers at things w/ weaker mobs like limbus, nyzul, and salvage as well. Einherjar t1 and t2, also (though I go sam to t3)

lol yes, certainly. Colibris are actually higher level than any of those. Still if you happen to fight a dc thf or nin mob on these events, they are going to be harder than colibri to cap dex at.

A mamool ja luker at lv 81-83 has 96 dex. I would say a lv 70ish one would have around 80 dex. Still way higher than a colibri.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-17 10:24:39  
I have a str build for my drakes, but i hardly ever use it. Any situation where the dex build doesn't cut it, I get more from penta sam.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-04-17 10:25:02  
Laphine knows all.... (He really does)
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-17 10:28:57  
Also apparently a redhead Mithra too or is this just wishful thinking?
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-17 10:34:09  
yes!!! spiked redhead mithra! lulz
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-17 11:01:02  
The best kind!

Pics!
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-17 11:31:41  
ok ok~

twin spiked hedhead powah lol

Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-17 13:49:29  
Ooooh.

Am on the way to your linkshell! Two redhead DRG cats = best linkshell.