Why Is It So Difficult To Criticize Islam Without Angrying It Deeply?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23
 Sylph.Spency
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-03 15:39:42  
Maimed is a terrorist!
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 15:40:22  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
I'd like to see what happens when people in any other country get attacked by the strongest mafia in the world... the US government.

Prob call them terrorists too ya?

Maybe couple years down the line I'll bump this thread and say I told you so.
They can't be a mafia, mafias (mafiai? mafie? what in the hell would you call a plural mafia???) tend to make money. US government don't.
 Fairy.Maimed
サーバ: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 15:45:28  
Sylph.Spency said:
Maimed is a terrorist!

Hey now Mr. Canadian. Your local pool shark is a terrorist in your eyes :P

lol tell jt his morrigan's robe is a waste for me :D
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 15:46:25  
@ Maimed: Wait, that would be one major retraction on the Islam believe. And then terrorists can't use the excuse of blowing themselves up to kill all infidels like they love to use.

I don't honestly think that every Muslim's life goal is to blow themselves up. But I do believe that they are doing so in the name of their god.

They even say so.

But it seems to me that you don't think so. So here is a little experiment you can do. Go to Israel, go to a busy street, and shout "Praise be to Alla!!" really loud. And watch how many people automatically drop to the ground in fear of an explosion that is about to happen.

But that doesn't happen, now does it?

On a side note: I didn't think you had respect for anyone, or anything. Well, anything that didn't give you a personal ***.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 15:53:53  
I have no interest in even pretending to be muslim, although that sounds like something that'd be fun to do for shits n giggles :X

That last comment intrigues me yet I have no clue what that could possibly be based off of.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 15:57:28  
Fairy.Maimed said:
I have no interest in even pretending to be muslim, although that sounds like something that'd be fun to do for shits n giggles :X

That last comment intrigues me yet I have no clue what that could possibly be based off of.
Yeah, that wasn't a "just for shits and giggles" thing. That will get you killed.

I'm surprised you didn't understand that last comment though, I expressed it to you in your crude terms too. Let me try it in my terms.

You don't respect anyone unless there is something in it for you. But then again, thats not respect, that is using somebody for your own personal advantage.

I don't think you know what respect means, is what I am getting at.
 Bismarck.Helixx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-05-03 16:04:34  
Asura.Jetzabel said:
May I point out, it was only a few hundred years ago that the catholic church was hanging people for disagreeing with their views.

Minutes ago: Muslim fanatic performs a suicide bombing on INFIDELS.

Now who is stuck in the middle ages.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 16:05:20  
Disagree. You don't have to be part of my camp for me to respect you.

On an interesting side note: I was watching History International and an architect pointed out that a famous religious landmark was located in a different spot than where both the Muslims and the Jews built their respective temples upon. Funny how despite the evidence provided, both religious leaders basically chose to be willfully ignorant versus acknowledging the evidence he provided as a remote possibility.

That speaks volumes about so-called religious leadership and how imperfect man can be. They're more concerned about protecting beliefs and old customers than open their minds to a possible truth.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 16:09:41  
Fairy.Maimed said:
On an interesting side note: I was watching History International and an architect pointed out that a famous religious landmark was located in a different spot than where both the Muslims and the Jews built their respective temples upon. Funny how despite the evidence provided, both religious leaders basically chose to be willfully ignorant versus acknowledging the evidence he provided as a remote possibility.

That speaks volumes about so-called religious leadership and how imperfect man can be. They're more concerned about protecting beliefs and old customers than open their minds to a possible truth.
No, it speaks volumes about how arrogance plays in society.

No, you are wrong *boom*

No, you are wrong *thwack*

No, you are both wrong....*crickets*

Nobody wants to admit that there is a slight possibility that everyone is wrong. Hell, I'm positive that everyone in the world is a nutjob. Does that make me right? No. Am I willing to admit that I'm wrong? Sure. Will I get whacked? Possibly. Do I care? No.

But then again, I'm different than everyone, and proud of it.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 16:10:20  
Don't forget, you're an attention *** too :)
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 16:11:36  
Unlike you in what way?
By Trebold 2010-05-03 16:36:56  
Odin.Spccdog said:
the muslim extremeists hate anyone who is allowed to make their own decision and have freedoms that they dont have its rediculous, and notice i said extremeists not all muslims.

I'd be willing to say that you're actually describing the Muslim purist. It's the people who don't take Qu'ran at its very word who make positive use of it.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 16:37:20  
You stick your nose in every single thread regardless of whether or not you have any value to add. There's a huge difference between how you and I both use the forums. Look at the numerous KORPG related threads, the people who are sick and tired of seeing your face on every thread, and the fact that you honestly seem to believe you're a celebrity on these forums. No post is officially a post without your validation it seems.

Borderline pathetic really. And you know I'm not the only person who believes that.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 16:43:45  
Trebold said:
Odin.Spccdog said:
the muslim extremeists hate anyone who is allowed to make their own decision and have freedoms that they dont have its rediculous, and notice i said extremeists not all muslims.

I'd be willing to say that you're actually describing the Muslim purist. It's the people who don't take Qu'ran at its very word who make positive use of it.

The intention behind the Qu'ran is to learn from its teachings, not its words. People think that living like Muhammad means wearing a beard instead of basically following the golden rule.

The concept of someone dumb enough to think committing rape is okay as long as you went to prayer 5 times a day just baffles me.

Radicals (of every walk of life) tend to stem from those individuals that take the text literally. Unfortunately, I'm not an authority to speak on every major religion but I'm pretty certain if you break it down, it's common sense that anyone with half a conscious can follow.
By Trebold 2010-05-03 16:47:23  
Fairy.Maimed said:
Do you realize the translation of text can be inefficient? This is why different versions of the Bible don't say the same exact thing, and you get all these funky variations of religion.

Regardless, my point isn't in defending the text. I was muslim-born into a middle eastern household but I am an atheist. My issue lies with idiots who think my only goal in life is to blow myself up in a stadium and score as many casualties as possible.

Funny thing is, I joke about it with friends. Hell I take a joke pretty well and we talk massive ***, but there's a big difference between kidding around and legitimate ignorance.

You honestly seem to believe that we're all walking timebombs because Allah says so. That bugs me.

Most muslims are idiots, they blindly follow their religion because they don't know any better. The same rule applies to 95% of the so-called religious people on this planet. I have no respect for anyone that can't intelligently speak about their faith, much less do any actual study on what they supposedly believe in.

Anyway, I'm going to stop sidetracking myself. My only issue is with you stating all muslims are terrorists. That's *** up and yet it proves the point that closed-minded individuals will continue to feed the flames of ignorance that pit idiots against one another.

I never really cared for you as a forums personality but I completely lost any respect for you as a person, not that you give a ***.

Then you'd be saying that most Muslims are also reading a faulty "word of god." Because actually most Muslims don't speak Arabic. I'll give you the name of one of the Muslims who was literate in Arabic, though. Osama Bin Ladin.

I'm interested to hear how and why you left the faith. If it's too personal for you to answer, may I ask it be done in PM. Also, I promise I will keep your reasons for doing so to myself. I'm genuinely interested in subject, and not simply trying to spew hate, but rather I'm confounded as to how anyone can believe it, as it seems that you were too.
 Gilgamesh.Hysoka
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Hysoka
By Gilgamesh.Hysoka 2010-05-03 16:53:01  
It's all about respect.

As a North African muslim, i dont understand something : Why would people talk, try to analyze, criticize the way we live and believe in god, when we dont give a ***about what other cultures/religions do/think ?

Why would i wake up and ask myself "why can't the Pope get married ? it's weird ! Christianism doesnt respect the men's rights !" ? Why ? no idea, that's prolly why i dont.

No, i dont.

I just respect what others cultures or religion can offer, and will never juge anyone for doint anything based on their faith.

Now why can't the rest of the world leave us alone and respect our culture and beliefs ? Is it that hard ?

I respect that some indian who wouldnt eat beef, i respect that priest can't get married, i respect that jews can't drink wine if it's not kosher wine, and will not judge them for doin that. Try it, it's easy, really.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 16:53:48  
Bahamut.Shiroyuki said:
Quote:
That's actually what we're discussing here. Quotes from the Qu'ran turned into Islamic Law. Would you rather me read the Qu'ran and take every word for complete truth? I think I may write a book of complete non-sense and ask religious people to take every word as absolute truth.

I can already guess what their reaction will be... lol, the same reaction to what I see in their book.

I won't even bother myself and reply that.
This thread is full of ***.

Seconded, we need more trolls
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-03 16:56:00  
Take care of your own radicals/extremist, instead of just doing nothing about it.

edit the Muslim silent majority are against these types of people, but are not willing to do anything about it

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem

Those radicals/extremist are the ones that give you a bad name.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 16:56:50  
Ramuh.Sekundes said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh everytime this "motivational" is posted. You're ridiculizing yourself.

It's a common misconception that Epicurus was an atheist. He was by no means an atheist.

He was a Deist, he believed in gods, just not your personal Christian god.

Also, if "god" created a perfect good world, then what's the point in living in it?

why not live in this world, we have all we need to make it paradise! no need to sacrifice oneself for an illusion!
By Trebold 2010-05-03 16:58:16  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Sekundes said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh everytime this "motivational" is posted. You're ridiculizing yourself.

It's a common misconception that Epicurus was an atheist. He was by no means an atheist.

Also, if "god" created a perfect good world, then what's the point in living in it?

why not live in this world, we have all we need to make it paradise! no need to sacrifice oneself for an illusion!

This.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 17:06:29  
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Sekundes said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

This.

FFXI is paradise, I bet god wasn't creative enuff to make his own up there.

(humor people please dont lash out at me)
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-03 17:11:35  
Fairy.Maimed said:
You stick your nose in every single thread regardless of whether or not you have any value to add. There's a huge difference between how you and I both use the forums. Look at the numerous KORPG related threads, the people who are sick and tired of seeing your face on every thread, and the fact that you honestly seem to believe you're a celebrity on these forums. No post is officially a post without your validation it seems.

Borderline pathetic really. And you know I'm not the only person who believes that.

I've seen you troll many many topics.

Pot kettle etc etc.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Trebold 2010-05-03 17:18:00  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Yet you post on a forum that has nothing to do with religion/politics and demanding a solution, safe and sound behind your computer.

I applaud your self-righteousness.

It starts with education on a subject. If you fight based on faith alone, you'd be nothing more than.. well, you know ;)
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-03 17:18:14  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Yet you post on a forum that has nothing to do with religion/politics and demanding a solution, safe and sound behind your computer.

I applaud your self-righteousness.

I am not demanding anything, just stating the facts.

Why so mad?

To add you have no idea what I have been through, read my other posts in this thread, you might understand a little

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 17:30:32  
I think what bothers people about Muslims the most is, there is no camp training people to spread the word in any religion, there is no camp training people to enjoy life, but there are camps in Afghanistan and possibly other places we don't know of that are training radicals.

Islam has the largest radical/rational population in all religions. You can't deny that.

Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-03 17:31:57  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
It isn't about what me or you have been threw.

The title alone gives people the impression that this thread is against ALL Muslims.

Weather or not I agree with every single thing anyone says here from Muslims to non-Muslims will make no difference to anyone. Because at the end of the day your still behind your computer doing nothing but talking ***.

And no I'm not mad, why would I be?

Like I said before, I am, just like you, behind my computer as well.

Did you really read what I wrote? I say something derogatory about the religion? Simply saying that I am talking ***, where I am not makes you look like a fool.

Truth hurts, and if you cant it take get out of the kitchen

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-03 17:37:51  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Stupidity hurts more than truth though.

Oh I am stupid now, I see ... thanks

Resorting to calling people names now.

This is why people cant have peaceful discussions about religion.

First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23